Windows 10: Asus webcam picture upside down and old driver can't be installed

Discus and support Asus webcam picture upside down and old driver can't be installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, it seems that Microsoft do it again! After installing the Creators fall update I tried to reinstall the old Sonix driver (32-bit) to correct the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mbartelt, Oct 17, 2017.

1. mbartelt Win User

Asus webcam picture upside down and old driver can't be installed

Hi,

it seems that Microsoft do it again! After installing the Creators fall update I tried to reinstall the old Sonix driver (32-bit) to correct the upsidedown problem. But this time it is impossible to install it. I noticed now, that the driver is not listed unter StillImage devices, but now as Camera.

Now the great question again? How is it possible to get it work right. I've opened the screen, but it is impossible to change the orientation of the PCB. *Mad

Any suggestions?

:)

mbartelt, Oct 17, 2017

2. windows 10 camera something went wrong

Dear Candj200,

I have followed the instructions as well and I could make the camera works with the generic driver from Microsoft. The problem is that the image is upside down! Then I read that this was done in some Asus computers that used the Chicony webcam. They installed
    the cam upside down and used the settings in the registry to flip the image. Since Microsoft generic driver doesn't has the flip option, I believe that the Chicony webcam won't work in Win10.

Here is the source of this info:

Asus Webcam Driver Solved - Windows 10 Forums

I didn't followed the instructions with the other driver.

Regards.

Cristiano.Pinto, Oct 17, 2017
  3. LaptopASUS k52jt with Windows 10 has got the USB camera in up-side-down positio. Can anybody give me an address to download a proper webcam drivers?

How to get the address of the ASUS k52jt in order to download the better driver of the webcam working in WINDOWS 10 always in upside-down position.

Searcherforwebcam, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

Contact ASUS, as it's their responsibility to create drivers that work with Windows versions,

Microsoft does not write Drivers, The just distribute those created by equipment manufacturers, Microsoft does certify those drivers that are included with the actual install download and used to provide lists of compatible hardware, though I've not seen one in a while. ( MS obviously create drivers for their own hardware but these are basically treated the same as those from other manufacturers).

Unfortunately some manufacturers either delay the release of drivers to suit their own schedules or even refuse to update drivers. this is normally for Sales rather than technical reasons

Barman58, Oct 17, 2017
  5. mbartelt Win User
    OK,

forgot to tell that it is an K50IN, this one is some years old and Asus supplied only Win 7 drivers.

But, the old Win 7 driver worked in all Windows 10 versions before the Creators fall update. Microsoft changed something. This can be seen in the device manager and that wasn't before. Why the change it and make it impossible to use older Drivers from Win 7 or 8.1? *Confused

mbartelt, Oct 17, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    Don't know why it would not be compatible with the FCU specifically, I know that 32Bit support is slowly being Phased out as most if not all hardware built in the last five years or more is 64Bit but have heard nothing specific about the latest update excluding any drivers

Barman58, Oct 17, 2017
  7. mbartelt Win User
    Here is the proof, that Microsoft changed it:

1. usbvideo.inf (Version 1703):

[Version]
    Signature="$Windows NT$"
    Class=Image
    ClassGUID={6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}
    Provider=%Msft%
    DriverVer = 06/21/2006,10.0.15063.447

2. usbvideo.inf (version 1709):

[Version]
    Signature="$Windows NT$"
    Class=Camera
    ClassGuid={ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}
    Provider=%Msft%
    DriverVer = 06/21/2006,10.0.16299.15

You see, they changed the Class, ClassGuid and version numer of the Driver.

mbartelt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus webcam picture upside down and old driver can't be installed - Similar Threads - Asus webcam picture

2. Webcam images show in reverse or upside down on Windows10

in Windows 10 News
    Webcam images show in reverse or upside down on Windows10: [ATTACH]Most laptops and computers come with a webcam that you can use with teleconferencing […] This article Webcam images show in reverse or upside down on Windows10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Profile Picture upside down and misaligned

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile Picture upside down and misaligned: I uploaded my profile picture, it gave me the option to center it... everything seemed normal. But when I clicked "save" I got this upside-down misaligned thing here. Tried it twice... Windows 10, Chrome 86.0.4240.111...
  4. WebCam is upside down Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    WebCam is upside down Windows 10: How can I flip my screen? When I join a Zoom meeting, my webcam is upside down. I also thought there quick keyboard keys I could use. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!!...
  5. Asus laptop webcam picture upside down after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop webcam picture upside down after windows 10 upgrade: I have a USB 2.0 UVC camera on my ASUS laptop. After a windows 10 upgrade the camera image is upside down. There is no option in the Windows camera app to rotate it. I tried downloading the old driver from ASUS, but would not let me update it. It says I have the latest...
  6. my webcam upside down

my webcam upside down: what is the simplist way to solve the problem of my upside down webcam since i updated from windows7 to windows 10 i have an asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-upside-down/3838a377-748a-4c1d-a1fd-dbe21d184a12
  7. Asus K52JE | Camera upside down

Asus K52JE | Camera upside down: Hi everyone. Since I installed Windows 10 on my laptop, the camera is upside down. I know that this is a common problem, I googled a lot and searched on the forum as well, some managed to fix it by installing Sonix drivers but nothing has worked for me so far. There's...
  8. Upside down thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upside down thumbnails: I have just got a Samsung Edge phone, and when I download photos to my laptop, all the thumbnails are upside down, although the photos are the right way up. This doesn't happen when I download from my 'proper' camera, only from phone. Any suggestions appreciated as this is...
  9. asus a52f webcam image upside down

asus a52f webcam image upside down: Asus a52f laptop w10/64 video picture is upside down. Device manager, okay no red/yellow marks, info Device USB\VID_13D3&PID_5130&MI_00\7&3222d138&0&0000 - driver provided by MS version 10.0.10240.16384 (2006!). Looked on the Asus website only shows drivers for win7. Any...
  10. Asus Webcam Driver

Asus Webcam Driver: On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb\vid_1902&pid_3232&mi_00\6&2ea430b0&0&0000 drivername usbvideo.inf classguid {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}

2. asus webcam upside down