Windows 10: ASUS Webcam Problem

Discus and support ASUS Webcam Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone , I bought a new ASUS TP301UJ laptop yesterday but webcam is not working.There was USB 2.0 VGA UVC driver but ı deleted it because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rosemarys, Aug 10, 2016.

1. rosemarys Win User

ASUS Webcam Problem

Hello everyone ,

I bought a new ASUS TP301UJ laptop yesterday but webcam is not working.There was USB 2.0 VGA UVC driver but ı deleted it because it was useless.I researched the internet, so I think problem based on win10,I tried many drivers but they cant support win10 , webcam is not still working.Can you have any idea?Please help me*Smile

Sorry for my english.Thanks.

:)

rosemarys, Aug 10, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

Hi,

Problem is I do not know what Webcam brand is installed in my Laptop whether it's Asus or something else.

So, in this case, what should I do?

Is there any way to identify the brand of my installed webcam?

Note: My Laptop is not a branded one like Asus, HP or DELL.

It's MAXMO551; an assembled one for a retailer in my country.

Therefore, there is nothing as Manufacturer's website.

What if I use an external webcam, a kind of USB plug n play webcam?

Will it be detected by Windows 10 OS?

However, 'Imaging Devices' is not visible in my 'Device Manager', therefore I'm not sure whether the external webcam will be identified by Win 10.

Any suggestions please.

WasanthaKalahe, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Melmtn Win User
    Windows 10 not detecting web cam

I had same problem. When upgrading, Windows 10 webcam driver not available yet for my device (Asus), so with the help of Asus tech support, we were able to reinstall the windows 8 webcam driver. Worked perfectly!

This made sense, because when I lost my webcam, was when I had deleted the option to restore windows 8, after the 30 day trial to try win 10. thus losing all my win 8 stuff.

Melmtn, Aug 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

ASUS Webcam Problem

Hello rosemarys *Smile

Welcome to TenForums!

That's a nice looking laptop and surely if you have just bought it you are entitled to return it if it is not working. However, hopefully it is something easy to sort out.

One thing to check: make sure the CMOS camera is not set to be locked in the BIOS. Refer to page 62 of the manual.

Is the webcam showing up in Device Manager? If so, please try and update the driver there using the automatic search feature. If one can't be found you will need to use the one provided by ASUS, contact them for help.

philc43, Aug 10, 2016
  5. rosemarys Win User
    Thank you philc43.

Unfortunately webcam is not showing up in device manager.I checked Asus official support and I could not find.I contacted with Asus customer relations, I hope they will provide in 3 -4 days.But I want to solve by myself*Smile

Thanks again.

rosemarys, Aug 10, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    If it is not showing up in Device Manager under Imaging devices then that means it is not turning on and being detected. Please check the BIOS setting as it could be turned off there (note my earlier reference to Pg 62 of the laptop manual).

philc43, Aug 10, 2016
  7. rosemarys Win User
    I checked BIOS Settings refer to manual.There is no webcam or CMOS settings part.Can it be a hardware problem ?

rosemarys, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ASUS Webcam Problem

1. ASUS Webcam Problem - Similar Threads - ASUS Webcam Problem

2. Problems with Asus USB 2.0 VGA UVC WebCam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Asus USB 2.0 VGA UVC WebCam: Hi! I have a problem with my integrated Asus USB 2.0 VGA UVC WebCam. It doesn't start when the laptop starts and also the device doesn't appear in device management, but after like 10 - 30 minutes it turns on and works perfectly like nothing happened this time the device...
  3. Webcam problem/not working on asus vivobook x512da-EJ503T

Webcam problem/not working on asus vivobook x512da-EJ503T: hi so few days ago i bought a new asus vivobook 15 x512da which has ryzen 5,8gb ram,512 ssd for the first few days everything is working fine the suddenly the camera started followed by the fingerprint scanner initially i was told it is a software issue so i tried...
  4. webcam on Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam on Asus laptop: Ny webcam only shows a camera icon with a line through it, no picture or video. I have all access turned on. Why no picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-on-asus-laptop/eb13e78d-d1b6-432a-9299-d84419829de2
  5. Webcam on Asus nor working

Webcam on Asus nor working: I get the following error message: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code 45" I have updated the the driver and restarted the PC without success. Please help...
  6. Webcam on ASUS Q500A Not Working

Webcam on ASUS Q500A Not Working: Currently running Windows 10 - 64 Bit OS, x64-based processor During a ZOOM meeting I found that my camera isn't working. All updates are installed. I've done every troubleshoot I could research. Can someone please offer me some guidance. My laptop is older but very...
  7. Webcam for Asus laptop

Webcam for Asus laptop: Hi, I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I have been trying to get my webcam to work without success. When I go to start and right-click on Device Manager , there is not a Camera nor Other. There is Imaging Devices but it only shows my printer. I even contact Asus...
  8. ASUS Laptop webcam will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop webcam will not work: Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop running Windows 10 OS Build 18363 752. It has a webcam built-in, but whenever I try to use it with any app I get this image below. I have enabled privacy for all apps including Camera in the Privacy settings on Windows. I have updated...
  9. Asus Webcam Driver

Asus Webcam Driver: On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts...
  10. Asus webcam is dark, unusable

Asus webcam is dark, unusable: Hi everyone, as far as I know, this has started since upgrading to Windows 10. the webcam is very dark but still functioning, as in, if I hold a light in front of it, it will appear on the screen. to me it looks like low exposure time. I suppose when everything is...