Windows 10: ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature

Discus and support ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Apple’s latest-generation MacBook Pro comes with Touch Bar that adds a row of multitouch controls to the top of the keyboard. It looks like that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 30, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature

Apple’s latest-generation MacBook Pro comes with Touch Bar that adds a row of multitouch controls to the top of the keyboard. It looks like that Apple’s technology is also coming to Windows 10 devices. ASUS, the Taiwanese multinational computer and phone hardware and electronics company is working on Touch Bar-like feature for its upcoming Windows 10 laptop or notebook.

It appears that the feature is very similar to Apple’s Touch Bar but it would be more advanced thanks to Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system which also allows developers to add support for the feature. It means that the third-party app will be also allowed to access the Touch Pad.

ASUS might be working on this feature for its high-end laptops lineup, and some extensions available in the Microsoft Store suggests that the feature will be called ScreenPad. The unreleased extensions can be installed and used on an ASUS laptop.

While at this point details aren’t very clear, but it appears that the ASUS’ high-end laptops will only come with Touch Bar-like implementation and it would allow users to perform certain tasks.

ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature [​IMG]
    Image Courtesy: WindowsBlogItalia

A touch-pad on a Windows 10 PC would be useful as it could allow users to perform certain tasks. For example, you’ll be able to change the track, increase volume, access music controls, copy or paste texts. Furthermore, Microsoft’s Office suite will support the feature as well.

While it appears that the feature called ScreenPad can be used on an unreleased ASUS laptop, but it’s likely that the other OEMs could also implement such a feature on their devices. Needless to say, it’s not yet known how advanced this implementation is going to be.

It’s necessary for a device to meet certain hardware requirements in order to support the Windows 10’s ScreenPad feature. By the looks of things, the ASUS device will come with VIDIA GTX970 graphics cards, precision touchpad and touchscreen. It will also Toshiba TC358870XBG Video Bridge IC and ITE8225 MCU.

The post ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 30, 2018
  2. JD_Mik Win User

Windows 10 for Touch Screen Asus Laptop

I have the same issue. Every search about it returns the same canned troubleshooting steps and I have yet to see anyone say that they have solved the issue.. very frustrating.

Is 'HID compliant touch screen' listed in your device manager under 'Human Interface Devices'?

If so, try right-clicking and selecting 'disable' , then right-click and click 'enable'... Some people have had luck with that but I did not. IF your laptop is an Asus UX501 like me, chances are you will not even see 'HID compliant touch screen' listed
    in the device manager unless you click 'view' and 'show hidden devices'.. Details then show that the system doesn't think that the touch screen is connected for some reason.

Asus support is no help - they told me to reinstall the chipset driver package (there is no individual touchscreen driver - it is supposedly part of the chipset package). That didn't work for me, and their next advice was to rollback to 8.1....

I've seen lots of posts about this issue with HP and Dell systems, but very few about asus.. not sure if it's just that there are less asus systems around, or if the problem is only affecting a subset of asus systems.. but hopefully we can make enough noise
    that they figure out a solution.

Here is the thread I started:

Touchscreen (touch panel) not working after windows 10 upgrade - asus zenbook ux501jw

JD_Mik, May 30, 2018
  3. How to turn off/ disable touch screen feature in Windows 10?

Hi Issac,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disabling the touch screen feature on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do lets us know the make and model of your device?

Follow the below steps to disable touch screen feature:

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Pen and touch icon.
    • Click on Touch tab.
    • Uncheck the checkbox next to Use your finger as an input device.
    • Click Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2018
Thema:

ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature

1. ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature - Similar Threads - ASUS’ device Apple

2. Windows 10 leak suggests Windows 8 charms bar-like feature is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 leak suggests Windows 8 charms bar-like feature is coming: We reported recently that Microsoft’s Sun Valley Update for Windows 10 will also include productivity and multitasking features in addition to cosmetic changes. Now there’s a bit more to add to the story. According to a new report, Microsoft is internally testing a new...
  3. Windows 10 is coming for Apple’s Touchbar with the Wonder Bar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is coming for Apple’s Touchbar with the Wonder Bar: We’ve been reporting that Microsoft plans to bring some of Windows 10X’s features and improvements to the traditional version of Windows 10 after the company shifted the focus away from dual-screen hardware. In addition to a new Start Menu, Action Center and faster Windows...
  4. Is there a Windows 10 layout that looks like Apple?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a Windows 10 layout that looks like Apple?: I have a few windows 10 machines as well as Apple Mac computers. Can I get a layout that turns windows 10 into the look of Apple? submitted by /u/87d112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glypb4/is_there_a_windows_10_layout_that_looks_like_apple/
  5. Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature: Windows 10 X, a new operating system based on Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS project, was recently shown off along with Surface Neo. While Windows 10 X has been created and optimized for dual-screen devices, it will be coming to traditional laptops as well, as per the...
  6. Big bar features like microsoft store or gaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big bar features like microsoft store or gaming: Hello, I have windows 10 but i have a problem. When i press the ,,windows button'' it have to show me the microsoft store, gaming, cortana etc. But its show me regular. How do i make to get the features for windows menu bar. HELP....
  7. Task bar on touch bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar on touch bar: I'm using the MBP with boot camp and I recently discovered that there is a "hack" that allows you to mirror the Windows task bar on to the touch bar. The dev didnt exactly explained how to do it step-by-step so I was wondering if there's anyone here who knows their way around...
  8. ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad

in Windows 10 News
    ASUS’ new Windows 10 device comes with redesigned touchscreen trackpad: ASUS last year introduced the ZenBook Pro with a touchscreen trackpad called a ScreenPad. Today at the Computex, as part of its thirtieth-anniversary celebration, the company announced a new range of laptops along with ScreenPad 2.0. The original ScreenPad on the ZenBook Pro...
  9. Does Windows 10 come with or use Bonjour from Apple?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does Windows 10 come with or use Bonjour from Apple?: I have recently begun getting the Apple Update window and I don't even want Apple products on my computer. I don't know where Bonjour came from but I don't know if one or more apps are using it. Can I uninstall it without causing problems? Does anyone know how I can tell if...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone to Include Apple Continuity-like Feature - Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone to Include Apple Continuity-like Feature - Report: [img] Microsoft working on more big features for Redstone Although Threshold 2 is almost here, Redstone is actually the first big Windows 10 update that will be released by Microsoft, and according to people close to the matter, it won't arrive sooner than the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ITE8225 MCU