Windows 10: ASUS Windows 10 starting to bog down

Discus and support ASUS Windows 10 starting to bog down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had my ASUS model Q524U since Sept 19. I've been pleased with it. WIth all the extra space, it could update without me knowing, unlike my earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RLAR, Nov 7, 2017.

1. RLAR Win User

ASUS Windows 10 starting to bog down

I've had my ASUS model Q524U since Sept 19. I've been pleased with it. WIth all the extra space, it could update without me knowing, unlike my earlier model that did not have 16GBs and 2TB HDD. Well, all of a sudden, too many times, when I turn it on and it is up and running, the browser is slow. I try to close browser and then the cursor gets lost. I try to control/alt/ delete to get task manager up to stop whatever is the issue, and get no response. I looked to see if it had been updating and it says last time was in Oct 17. It's Nov 8. The first time it did this, I pushed start button to force quit. It took forever to boot back up saying it was doing something to computer....can't remember anymore what that was.

This time when it finally warmed up after it shut itself down....probably cuz i hit control/alt/delete?.... I checked the task manager to see what might be hanging things up. The "disk" column was at 100%. Now, about an hour later, it's around 6%. The things that were running seemed reasonable. I'm not well versed in this stuff tho. I noticed the ASUS GIFTBOX was right up there with what was most active. Some have advised uninstalling it. Should I?

Any ideas why my computer, with all kinds of room, doesnt't have enough to boot up quickly and responsively from the git each time?

:)

RLAR, Nov 7, 2017

2. Bogged down

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to know some information.

• Are you using Windows Phone or laptop?

• Do you get any error code or error message?

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?

If you are facing the issue using Windows phone then try the step.

I would suggest you to refer to the link and perform soft reset and check if that helps.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/restart-my-phone

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Bogged down

. When typing -- emails, facebook -- I get sudden freeze ups that can last 30 seconds or more. Very frustrating. Help?

brianmarshall2020, Nov 7, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

What type of software maintenance have you done on it?

Plankton, Nov 8, 2017
  5. Hi,
    Which internet provider do you use ?
    Xfinity/ Comcast has had it's share of issues for seems like a week now.

ThrashZone, Nov 8, 2017
  6. RLAR Win User
    Plankton,
    My computer has Windows Defender, which says everything is fine...if that's what you mean.
    Thrash Zone,
    I do use Comcast, but my husband has not had problems with his browsers. However, he just tested his speed. It's 66 mbps. Mine is 32. What? Why would mine be any different than his?
    Thanks for you input.

RLAR, Nov 8, 2017
  7. RLAR Win User
    Hmm. We have two routers. I signed into the other one and my speed is now 60ish. Weird. My husband's computer, which is an older but nicer HP, is having no issues with the other router.

RLAR, Nov 8, 2017
  8. RLAR Win User

Husband says the router I was on (same as one he is on) has less range. But I was sitting next to him when computer firsrt bogged down. Not sure what I'm saying. But maybe using our 2nd router with more range will be the fix.

RLAR, Nov 8, 2017
  9. Hi,
    Sounds like it
    Not sure about the speed being normal at 60 either I suppose you might *Smile
    All I know is my speed bites lol *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Nov 8, 2017
  10. RLAR Win User
    p.s. Sorry for jabbering on. But do you know if it's okay for me to delete ASUS GIFTBOX?

11. Hi,
    I've never heard of asus giftbox :/
    Anything in it *Smile

ThrashZone, Nov 8, 2017
  12. tonez Win User
  13. tonez Win User
  14. Yes, get rid of ASUS Giftbox. My asus laptop never even came with such bloatware when I first purchased mine

RoasterMen, Nov 9, 2017
  15. RLAR Win User
    So, it's not the router. My computer is bogging down again. Disk use is 90 to 100% under task manager. Other people are having this problem, but no one seems to have a fix? Some say it's an ASUS Windows 10 problem. I'll try contacting ASUS support, but thought I'd check back in on this forum. Or may have to return computer. Do not want to have to do that.

Thema:

1. ASUS Windows 10 starting to bog down - Similar Threads - ASUS starting bog

2. Computer bogs down after login to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bogs down after login to windows: I recently bought a new msi katana laptop with windows 11. I’ve noticed a weird quirk when starting up the computer. When I shut down using the standard approach of clicking the windows button on the start menu and select the power icon followed by shutdown or restart, the...
  3. Computer bogs down after login to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer bogs down after login to windows: I recently bought a new msi katana laptop with windows 11. I’ve noticed a weird quirk when starting up the computer. When I shut down using the standard approach of clicking the windows button on the start menu and select the power icon followed by shutdown or restart, the...
  4. Asus Laptop and Windows 10: randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Laptop and Windows 10: randomly shuts down: I have an annoying problem with my ASUS ZenBook UX430UNR and Windows 10. Frequently, when idle, it has a hard shut down rather than keeping itself in standby. When I try to turn the laptop back on, it requires pressing the power button several times and for several...
  5. Windows 10 Update 1903 No longer able to upload files on any browser. Pages bogged down.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1903 No longer able to upload files on any browser. Pages bogged down.: After installing the latest updates, this computer is no longer able to upload files to websites or emails on any browser: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc. I've tried updating and enabling Flash player. All browsers (minus Edge) have been uninstalled and reinstalled and updated...
  6. Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS: I've been having general memory issues for the past three months, and it's been getting progressively worse. I noticed the problem first when I was playing Mass Effect 1 one day, and the frame rate was at an absolute crawl. Prior to that, a majority of my games ran absolutely...
  7. Random bogging down leading to system freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random bogging down leading to system freezing: Ever since I upgraded to the October update some days ago, I've been having system slow downs leading to it freezing. I would need to hard reset and sometimes it happens a few minutes into the reset. I've tried updating my graphics driver to no avail. I saw these in the...
  8. Random bogging down leading to system freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Random bogging down leading to system freezing: Ever since I upgraded to the October update some days ago, I've been having system slow downs leading to it freezing. I would need to hard reset and sometimes it happens a few minutes into the reset. I've tried updating my graphics driver to no avail. I saw these in the...
  9. Windows Defender hogging resources and bogging down my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender hogging resources and bogging down my computer: I had thought that perhaps some malware infected my computer and I open up task manager and the resources are being hogged by Windows Defender itself, which seems to be a bit of malware itself. Specifically something called Antimalware Service Executable. I have read the...
  10. A way to overide Windows always bogging down due to IE or Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    A way to overide Windows always bogging down due to IE or Edge?: Even a fresh install of Windows 10, I have noticed, much as in past versions of windows but seems to be much worse with the Edge browser, that some webpages seem to REALLY bog it down, like somes pages from MSN.com and others...as in years past NOTHING will really go forward...