Windows 10: Asus X202E - Missing Windows 10 Drivers?

Discus and support Asus X202E - Missing Windows 10 Drivers? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, Hoping someone can help me. Trying to update a Asus X202E running windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I have been informed that there has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mellesa, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Mellesa Win User

Asus X202E - Missing Windows 10 Drivers?

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me.

Trying to update a Asus X202E running windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I have been informed that there has been no drivers released for this model because it is to old.

Is this correct?

Any help would be great.

:)

Mellesa, Feb 14, 2016

2. Problem of Untypeable Keyboard

My laptop is ASUS X202E running Windows 10, and from this morning, my laptop needs to restart once an hour for the keyboard to work. Can somebody help me, please?

P.S: Drivers are up-to-date

Gia LacVay Thuong, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 upgrade fails due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I ran into the exact same problem and quickly narrowed it down to the Intel Management Engine Interface on an Asus X202E. Symptoms are exactly the same as those reported above.

What I did notice is that MS goes and automatically installs this driver just after the first boot, regardless of me identifying it prior to the driver update and disabling it. So as a work around, I waited for the install and promptly disabled MEI in device
    manager before any further reboots, and presto the I now have working Windows 10 on the Asus X202E.

Hopefully, there is a fix for this soon!

CSG IT Tech, Feb 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and Welcome to TenForums!

If Asus have not provided drivers for your model on Windows 10 it does not mean that it will not work, just that they will not support you. If you feel comfortable experimenting you could try the upgrade and see if the W8.1 drivers still work in W10 - this is true for many of the older systems but I cannot guarantee it will work for you. Obviously if you do have a go make sure you backup all your files and create a system image and recovery disk so that you can get back to your current working system. There are a number of tutorials on Windows 8 forums that can help you with this.

philc43, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Mellesa Win User
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to update normally and also tried a forced update neither seem to work, both revert back to to Windows 8.1.

Mellesa, Feb 14, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    In that case it does look as if you are going to have problems running W10 on this laptop. Have you done a Google search to see if anyone has got the X202E working with W10?

There is one thread here that might help:

ASUS VivoBook X202E Drivers

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus X202E - Missing Windows 10 Drivers? - Similar Threads - Asus X202E Missing

2. ASUS Vivobook X202E processor different from my PC??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Vivobook X202E processor different from my PC??: Hey, I have an ASUS VivoBook X202E. It was released back on 2012/2013 The processor of this laptop should be Intel Core i3-3217U, but I have Intel Core i3-2365M.. How's that possible??I have the same model, from the same brand.. Why does it say that? I've used this laptop on...
  3. ASUS Vivobook X202E processor different from my PC??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Vivobook X202E processor different from my PC??: Hey, I have an ASUS VivoBook X202E. It was released back on 2012/2013 The processor of this laptop should be Intel Core i3-3217U, but I have Intel Core i3-2365M.. How's that possible??I have the same model, from the same brand.. Why does it say that? I've used this laptop on...
  4. Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers for Asus Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Installing Windows 10 Due to Missing Device Drivers for Asus Laptop: Hi,my new Asus laptop was working fine, I avoided updating to Win11 to avoid technical issues.After a Windows update, the laptop can't restart and can repair Windows.Then I followed Asus guide: How to boot the system from USB flash drive/CD-ROM...
  5. Unknown device, missing ASUS ACPI driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown device, missing ASUS ACPI driver.: Hi, I've just bought an ASUS TUF A15 F506IV. After installing Win10 Pro 1809 then updated, everyASUS official driver and getting the rest of them through Microsoft Device Manager, Windows still doesn't recognize a device. For this reason, it cannot find its driver to make...
  6. ASUS VivoBook X202E screen flickering on Windows 10 issue

ASUS VivoBook X202E screen flickering on Windows 10 issue: I have an ASUS VivoBook X202E with Windows 10 upgraded OS. But during the Window 10 upgrade an issue came up, screen flickering on Windows 10 happened. I am looking for a complete driver that will address this issue. Please help me get a complete driver to resolve the issue....
  7. ASUS VivoBook X202E Drivers

ASUS VivoBook X202E Drivers: This actually isn't directly Windows 10 related since it also affected Windows 8 and 8.1. A couple years back I swapped out the mechanical drive in this notebook for an SSD. Device Manager shows a lot of unknown devices that have no drivers, even after I installed as many...
  8. ASUS X202E Win 10 touchscreen

ASUS X202E Win 10 touchscreen: I acquired an ASUS X202E with cracked touchscreen and Win 10, replaced touchscreen but it does not work. Anyone have this system that touchscreen works with Win 10 ASUS says Win 10 not supported 54299
  9. Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E

Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E: Hi, it's my first time posting here but I've read and learned a lot from this forum, so thank you all very much in advance! I'm trying to repair a friend's Asus X202E notebook. It worked normally until it got stuck in the blue screen during startup, and wouldn't complete...
  10. ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing: Greetings. After upgrading to windows 10 from win7, my laptop are missing some features, like backlight in the keyboard, and some of the functionskeys do not work anymore. The missing backlight is the biggest issue, as the letters on the keys are hard to see, as they are...