Windows 10: Asus X205TA no keyboard/touchpad on/after Windows 8.1/10 installation

Discus and support Asus X205TA no keyboard/touchpad on/after Windows 8.1/10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings. Got this annoying issue with my Asus X205TA laptop. Had it with Windows 8.1 and decided to upgrade it to Windows 10, once it got installed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dezik, May 29, 2016.

1. dezik Win User

Asus X205TA no keyboard/touchpad on/after Windows 8.1/10 installation

Greetings. Got this annoying issue with my Asus X205TA laptop. Had it with Windows 8.1 and decided to upgrade it to Windows 10, once it got installed, as always, win10 downloaded and installed updated which caused BSOD on rebooting (0xc0000225 winload.efi). Tried to installed clean version of Windows 10/8.1 (Home / Single Language) but once it goes to initial installation window where you pick language/time zone etc - none of keyboard or touchpad are working.
    Somehow managed to install Windows 10 while connected my usb keybo to laptop but it seems that it installed smth like "PC" version of windows on Asus X205TA as there's even no battery icon in tray. Ofc laptop keyboard/touchpad still not working lol, tried to play with device manager/drivers - no luck.

This laptop has 2 usb 2.0 ports btw.

Any ideas? *Sleepy

:)

dezik, May 29, 2016
  2. rare_bird Win User

Windows 10 compatibility problem - Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter in Asus X205TA

After trying to install Windows 10 a second time, after the new Broadcom drivers were released, I sent my netbook back to ASUS a second time (now have spent $40 shipping costs!) and they returned it ready to begin the installation of Windows 8.1. ASUS description
    of problem was "instability".

Windows 8.1 is running fine, but every day I must close the prompt to upgrade to Windows 10, which, at this point, is like an invitation to ****.

I imagine that the new drivers will work, but without step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade the X205TA to Windows 10, I am extremely reluctant to try again.

If someone at Microsoft or a contributor to this forum can reply with an upgrade sequence that includes installing the new Broadcom drivers (downloadable from ASUS) and specific this ASUS X205TA issue, I would very appreciative.

rare_bird, May 29, 2016
  3. Keyboard and touchpad very dead

Hello,

I have a problem with my asus x205ta. I've made an update to my win10, more specific now it shows version 1709 with SO version 16299.125, and my keyboard and touchpad stop working. In device manager I have no input for keyboard or touchpad.

I tried to rollback or how it is named and give me an error that say that it can't be done.

Please help!

DarieNicolici, May 29, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Thema:

1. Asus X205TA no keyboard/touchpad on/after Windows 8.1/10 installation - Similar Threads - Asus X205TA keyboard

2. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA: Hi,I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my Asus X205TTA which is broken since a failed update.I have made a bootable key but cannot install windows because I need to enter my BitLocker key with a the keyboards which is not responding on this screen.I haven't found any...
  3. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA: Hi,I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my Asus X205TTA which is broken since a failed update.I have made a bootable key but cannot install windows because I need to enter my BitLocker key with a the keyboards which is not responding on this screen.I haven't found any...
  4. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 1903 upgrade - ASUS X205TA keyboard+touchpad+sound+sd card reader no longer work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 upgrade - ASUS X205TA keyboard+touchpad+sound+sd card reader no longer work: After upgrading to version 1093 on my ASUS X205TA notebook computer (32-bit), the keyboard, touchpad, sound input, sound output, and sd card reader no longer worked. Tried Microsoft troubleshooting routines to no avail. Has anyone encountered and overcome these problems?...
  6. ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that I haven't been using for a while. When using it, I noticed that the keyboard, when typing, was skipping letters, at random. I actually discovered this problem cause I had trouble logging in, and then realised that the password I typed in...
  7. Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found

Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found: Was running Win10 with bluetooth perfectly well until a virus hit. Used Malwarebytes recovery and it found a couple thousand issues. Told it to fix everything and computer bricked. Took it to a local tech while on vacation in Mexico. Had a clean Win10 install done. It was...
  8. Asus E200HA Laptop won't recognize keyboard and touchpad on Windows 8

Asus E200HA Laptop won't recognize keyboard and touchpad on Windows 8: Hi, I'm new here. Like the headline says my new Asus E200HA (comes default with Windows 10) won't recognize the keyboard and touchpad on windows 8.1. I wonder what is the problem and how it can be solved as Windows 8.1, (tested with external usb keyboard and mouse) works...
  9. Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA: my friend gave me his Asus X205TA so that i can do a clean install of Windows 10 to get rid of all the bloatware. it came with 32 bit and i'm trying to upgrade it to 64 bit. only problem is no matter what i try i can't get this laptop to read the USB drive. what else can i...
  10. Win10 Install on Asus X205TA unusable: keyboard & mouse not recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Install on Asus X205TA unusable: keyboard & mouse not recognised: Hi! (First post in this forum) I recently re-installed Windows 10 on my Asus X205TA notebook using the ISO on a USB stick. It installed without a problem, but when I boot the computer now (first boot after installation), the OS does not recognise the keyboard and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. x205ta no keyboard and touchpad

2. asus x205ta touchpad and keyboard drivers

3. asus eeebook win10 no touchpad keyboard

4. x205ta keyboard and touchpad windows 10,
  5. no keyboard asus x205ta,
  6. asus x205ta keyboard not working,
  7. x205ta doesnt deteck touchpad and keyboard,
  8. asus keyboard not fonctionnng after windows10 installation,
  9. asus touchpad not working after clean windows 10 installation,
  10. asus x205TA windows 1903,
  11. asus x205ta keyboard driver windows 8,
  12. asus eeebook x205ta keyboard and touchpad and sound not working after windows 10 update,
  13. asus x205ta windows 10 1903 keyboard trackpad,
  14. asus x205ta keyboard driver,
  15. x205ta keyboard update 10