Windows 10: ASUS X550ZE not powering down

Discus and support ASUS X550ZE not powering down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This night, when I wanted to power off the computer, it failed. When I tried powering off, it just shows a black screen after some seconds seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheStrangeTeste, Nov 4, 2016.

1. ASUS X550ZE not powering down

This night, when I wanted to power off the computer, it failed. When I tried powering off, it just shows a black screen after some seconds seeing shutting down. The computer didn't even power off, everything keeps running, and after some seconds, it logs me back in. I have Windows 10. Please help.

:)

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 4, 2016

2. I cant adjust brightness on Windows 10

Mine too, I just upgraded to windows 10 today, I'm using the shortcut key for brightness on my laptop but it does not change anything even in the actual settings menu. My laptop is an ASUS X550ZE tnx

CristoferSunga, Nov 4, 2016
  3. ShengGui Win User
    12GB RAM installed but only usable 3.45GB Windows 10 64bit

Hi, I just upgraded my laptop (Asus X550ZE) from 4GB to 12GB, somehow I notice my windows detected 12GB (3.45GB usable) only just like the screenshot, may I know what is going on? How can I optimize to use all the RAM? My windows is Windows 10 with 64bit
    Home Single Language.
    ASUS X550ZE not powering down [​IMG]

ShengGui, Nov 4, 2016
  4. ASUS X550ZE not powering down

cottonball, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Ok, I will try turning it off. But I'm still confused why did the computer stopped shutting down. I think it was checked when I bought the laptop with W8.1. Why did it happen now?

6. Oh, and also It magically got fixed. It really annoys me.

7. No reason to be annoyed if it is fixed!! *Wink

Be glad!!!

cottonball, Nov 5, 2016
  8. ASUS X550ZE not powering down

I am glad and annoyed at the same time by wasting your time at these questions when they fix themselves

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 7, 2016
  9. You did not waste my time at all.

If the reference does not help you, it may help someone else!

Have a great day!!

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ASUS X550ZE not powering down

1. ASUS X550ZE not powering down - Similar Threads - ASUS X550ZE powering

2. Asus tuf randomly shuts down when power connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus tuf randomly shuts down when power connected: I have ausus Tuf gaming A15 ryzen 5 4000series 1650ti graphics . When i connect the charger the laptop completely shutsdown after a minute or so , It works for a minute and then completely go black out of no where but it runs completely fine on battery power. I had sent it to...
  3. Asus tuf randomly shuts down when power connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus tuf randomly shuts down when power connected: I have ausus Tuf gaming A15 ryzen 5 4000series 1650ti graphics . When i connect the charger the laptop completely shutsdown after a minute or so , It works for a minute and then completely go black out of no where but it runs completely fine on battery power. I had sent it to...
  4. No SLEEP - powers down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No SLEEP - powers down: An ASUS z390a, I7-8000, running Windows 10 was recently updated with the current BIOS, and switched to UEFI/GPT/secure boot in prep for Win 11.SLEEP no longer works correctly, but instead powers down after a few minutes. When the power button is subsequently pressed W10 soon...
  5. HD's will not power down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HD's will not power down: HD's will no longer power down, likely following a win update, system drivers/Bios updated from mobo support Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19042.867 Motherboard Gigabyte Z37 Aorus K3-CF Bios F14 Nvidia GeForce GTX1650 5x sata HD's. Only business...
  6. Asus B75M-A doesn't power on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus B75M-A doesn't power on: Hello. I was tyding up a w10 installation this morning and I shut down the computer when I was going for lunch. This afternoon the computer refused to power on even if there is a lit green led on the motherboard. Things I have tried. 1. Trying a different psu. 2. Shorting...
  7. Asus X541u shutting down

Asus X541u shutting down: Hey, i have this problem .. my asus x541u keep shutting down with no reason . I don't know how to fix it . And it's really annoying me ,because we are in quarantine so there is no store open to fix my problem,and I really need my computer to study because there is a lot of...
  8. asus x541u shutting down

asus x541u shutting down: Hey, i have this problem .. my asus x541u keep shutting down with no reason . I don't know how to fix it . And it's really annoying me ,because we are in quarantine so there is no store open to fix my problem,and I really need my computer to study because there is a lot of...
  9. windows not powering down

windows not powering down: Hi when I attempt to power down my computer all applications and programs shut down but the computer never acutally turns off. The screens are blank and unresponsive but the computer is still on. I have unchecked the "turn on fast startup" check box in power settings and...
  10. power down

power down: app preventing shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-down/89091f3d-eb7c-405e-a430-b334c506ebf0