Windows 10: Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question

Discus and support Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have just bought the above laptop and need to use a headset for talking to my colleagues. My headset has two separate standard microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamM, Apr 3, 2016.

1. AdamM Win User

Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question

Hello,

I have just bought the above laptop and need to use a headset for talking to my colleagues. My headset has two separate standard microphone and headphone leads, but my laptop has only one socket. Whenever I plug either into the laptop, something called SmartAudio pops up asking if it's a headphones, headset or a microphone.

I don't seem to be able to get it to work so that I can use both the headphones/microphone together, even when I select headset.

Does anyone know what I need to do please?

:)

AdamM, Apr 3, 2016

2. 1x Headphone/mic combo jack not working

I have an Asus ROG GL551JW-DS71 gaming laptop, with a 1x headphone/mic combo jack that's supposed to allow me to use both headphones and a microphone. I use a headset with a separate headphone and microphone jack, and use a audio mic splitter that came
    with it to connect to my laptop. The problem is that the mic is that the headset is not detected by windows. I hear sound out of the headphones, but when I speak, the only mic that picks up anything is the laptops. Please help, I'm a heavy gamer so not having
    a functional mic is not a good thing.

NigelLacewell, Apr 3, 2016
  3. spinebird Win User
    1x Headphone/mic combo jack not working

Got the same issue. My laptop is Asus K401LB. 1x combo audio port. I have tried using combo jack audio splitter, but won't detect external microphone. Search google on it but nothing solve the problem. I really don't wanna use USB soundcard, so please
    fix this issue. Its diffrent using combo jack and USB soundcard.

spinebird, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question

1. Asus X553S Combo Jack/Headset Question - Similar Threads - Asus X553S Combo

2. Problem with opening apps on Asus x553s with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with opening apps on Asus x553s with Windows 10: My laptop won't open any game. They just load and then they stop without any error. I tried some small games like heroes 3 and homescapes from Microsoft store. submitted by /u/geizlodei [link] [comments]...
  3. Combo Audio Jack on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combo Audio Jack on pc: I have a combo audio jack on my pc Vostro 3681 by dell, and my headset HyperX Cloud stinger and looks like the mic is not working on my headset after SOME windows update. idk what was it too much updates. did windows update actually did something? if there`s some solution,...
  4. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  5. Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack

Headset isn't recognized via 3.5 mm combo jack: I have an acer Aspire E 15 laptop with a combo jack. When I plug in my razer Kraken Pro V2 headset that is compatible with combo jacks it isn't recognized by my computer. I have the latest drivers and have tried looking for hidden/disabled devices to no avail. The only other...
  6. Here are a few problems with my Asus X553s

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Here are a few problems with my Asus X553s: I hope someone can help me with these 1) constant 'configuring windows' 2) constantly draining battery 3) can barely load Google Chrome 4) black screen when I log in 5) loud fan sound and its very hot 6) EXTREMELY long loading times for almost anything submitted by...
  7. Speakers not connecting to combo jack

Speakers not connecting to combo jack: So my laptop has only combo jack and when I try to plug in the speakers they don't work and don't even show up as an output device in the sound settings....
  8. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Combo headphone jack does not detect mic: So, I have a laptop with a single headphone jack, and it has the little symbol with both an headphone and a mic. I have bought a V-moda boom pro mic. The microphone is integrated in the cable, and the tip that goes in the jack has four "parts", as it should be. The...
  9. Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.: I have a new laptop (and see specs) that I'm slowly learning to use and I'm having a problem inserting the 3.5mm combojack (CJ) into the jack's receptacle, has anyone ran across this? I'm pretty sure I can't hear sound from the earbuds because when I have the CJ in as far...
  10. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...