Windows 10: Asus X556UB Win10 Freeze randomly

Discus and support Asus X556UB Win10 Freeze randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i brought an Asus X556UB with Win 10 Home Edition just 2 months ago in singapore. It Turns out great on the first day, and the day after that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smilingorange, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Asus X556UB Win10 Freeze randomly

Hi, i brought an Asus X556UB with Win 10 Home Edition just 2 months ago in singapore. It Turns out great on the first day, and the day after that i returned to indonesia. After browsing youtube for awhile , it freezed, for no reason. i've waited for at least 10 minutes with no result from my laptop showing any activity, so i had to hard reset it. i never really care about it at that time, until when it started happening very frequently. At first i thought it was because of Win 10 November update, but it still freeze after ive installed that update. It freeze when:
    1. i idled for at least 10 minutes ( went out to buy my meal )
    2. was working with visual studio ( resulting in my windows forms clash and i had to restart them after doing them for like 2 weeks ) which happened just a few hour ago
    Strangely, it didn't freeze when i was playing dota 2 on steam for hours. Any solution?
    i've hard resetted it for like 20 times or more in just 2 months

:)

smilingorange, Apr 27, 2016

2. Eye Care Switcher broken after recent Windows 10 update

Or this link, if you don't read Russian:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X556UB/HelpDesk_download/

Tielby Mercedes, Apr 27, 2016
  3. eye care switcher not working

Hello

I had the same problem, but finally (after using Google for 3 hours) have found solution - you need download Asus Splendid Utility (for my laptop it's here X556UB | ASUS в России)

Install it and just choose "Eye Care" mode

Wish I help,

Vladimir

Vladimir Glazunov, Apr 27, 2016
  4. NovHak Win User

Asus X556UB Win10 Freeze randomly

IIRC, 10 minutes is the default inactivity delay that triggers the screen saver.

You said the first time it freezed was when you were browsing Youtube, was Visual Studio working at the time, or did you leave your computer unattended for more than 10 minutes ? If not, that may be another use that freezes it.

Did you try ctrl-alt-del ? If it responds to this, it's not really frozen...

NovHak, Apr 28, 2016
  5. Hi Novhak,
    no it's not a screensaver, as i set both screen saver or sleep time to none.
    as for visual studio, i was halfway coding an app, and suddenly it freezed, i guess the problem was neither vs nor youtube.

i've tried alt + ctrl + del to get to task manager, but it's not responding anything at all.
    Thnks bfr.
    sorry, i'm not a pro IT guy

smilingorange, Apr 28, 2016
  6. NovHak Win User
    I may be interesting that you play some music with your notebook, to see if it stops playing when it freezes. If it continues playing, then it means the system isn't really crashed, it's only the keyboard or screen that is unresponsive.

However, the test is only valid if you don't play an audio CD, since depending on the hardware/software combination it's possible that the CD drive continues to play the music despite a complete system crash.

EDIT : If the system isn't completely frozen, it's likely that it will respond to a single, short press on the power button, which by default initiates a system shutdown if I remember correctly. You can check and possibly change this from the power options screen, right click the battery icon in the notification area, choose power options, then click "Choose power button actions" and choose what you want there.

And by the way, you can try disabling fast system startup if you wish, as it is a known source of problems...

NovHak, Apr 28, 2016
  7. Hi, novhak,
    As of like 5 hours ago, i was watching a music video on youtube. There was no any background application running else than that. It was like after 3 minutes later, it freezed again. i tried ctrl + alt + del , closing screen lid ( Hibernate ) or power button ( shut down ), none responded. When i closed the lid, the screen went off, it went on again after i opened the lid. The music stopped when it freezed. Nothing works except forcing shutdown by holding the power button for a few seconds.

and then just a few minutes ago, i log into desktop, i was just moving my mouse around as the laptop process slowly due to previous hard shutdown. after that, i restarted. a few minutes later , it freezed, yet again.

Disabled fast startup , will inform you more how it go. As for fast startup, i won't affect anything else rather than slow laptop start up ,right?

smilingorange, Apr 28, 2016
  8. NovHak Win User

Yes, the point with fast startup is to be able to start the laptop more quickly, to achieve this the system state is saved to disk upon shutdown. When the machine is powered back on, the status is read and restored, which is often faster. But that comes at the price of system processes not being really restarted, which too often impairs stability. Well, at least that's my opinion. One case when fast startup is clearly not advised is when the system is installed on an SSD.

If the freezes disappear when fast startup is disabled, that will be good news. Another thing you could try is restart your computer in safe mode and see if it freezes there. However you won't be able to do much in that mode...

NovHak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus X556UB Win10 Freeze randomly - Similar Threads - Asus X556UB Win10

2. Win10 Random freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Random freezing: Had been having random freezing and occasional BSODs for months and months. I tried everything I could find online at least once without success until I found PassMark Burnin Test which I thought I would try as I suspected it was something to do with the graphics card and...
  3. Asus M509D laptop randomly freezes

Asus M509D laptop randomly freezes: I’ve been having freezing with my asus M509D laptop one day it could be done with no crashes the next it could freeze up and I’d have to use the power button to restartI’ve tried resetting to factory settings, updating the biosthen realized there isn’t a new version, I’ve...
  4. Random Lockups/Freezing - even after reinstalling Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Lockups/Freezing - even after reinstalling Win10: Hi there, I'm getting random freezing/lockups of my entire PC. Have to hard reset my pc using the power button each time. Checked reliability monitor and its showing a "hardware error". I'll attach a screenshot of the details and the main screen. I don't know how to decypher...
  5. Asus laptop freezes randomly

Asus laptop freezes randomly: Hey guys recently i bought an Asus K571G, i have a problem with it that i can not fix. my laptop freezes randomly, and when it does, nothing works, the music stops, the mouse doesn't move but it's still connected, and keyboard doesn't work either but i still can turn on or...
  6. Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10: Hello everybody, so recently I have been getting trouble with some random freezes on my pc. The first thing I noticed when I took a look into the task manager was the usual disk usage of 1-2% spiked up to 100% for about 5-15 seconds. Usually this happens every 3-15 minutes....
  7. Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390

Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390: Systems has intermittent short freezes under heavy load. Reproducible using Kombustor and running 32 threads CPU stress... happens faster if also running GPU test. Swapped Ram, PSU, multiple GPUs, and integrated GPU (what's running now). Latest Bios. Default bios settings....
  8. Asus Laptop freezes randomly

Asus Laptop freezes randomly: My Asus Laptop X540L randomly freezes to the point where I cannot do anything ...cursor does not respond nor does any key on the keyboard with the only solution is to do a hard power off and then start up again. I have tried so many things that I don't know what else to do. I...
  9. Lenovo Z580 with Win10 randomly freezes

Lenovo Z580 with Win10 randomly freezes: Hi, I have a laptop Lenovo z580 with Windows 10. Some weeks ago I started having this problem: when I'm using it, the screen completely freezes and I can't do anything (the screen is on, the keyboard lights keep working, but if I press any key or if I move the mouse nothing...
  10. Random Freezes/Reboot The Only Option/ASUS GL553VE

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Random Freezes/Reboot The Only Option/ASUS GL553VE: Excellent. Yes driver updates are always a should I or shouldn't I. Since you are having issues I would be more inclined to update. I would strongly recommend you look at Macrium Reflect if you haven't already. I can't remember, you may already be using. With Macrium...