Windows 10: At startup, no password or login prompt

Discus and support At startup, no password or login prompt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stranded360, Feb 22, 2017.

1. At startup, no password or login prompt

At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue also happens if i put it to sleep, or hibernate, also have to restart computer. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

:)

Stranded360, Feb 22, 2017

2. No password prompt at login screen at screen saver...cannot get back without reboot

I rebooted using Safe Mode with Network. At the desktop, none of the application works. At the power button icon, the only options available was shut down or restart. The sleep option has disappeared. I'm not sure how useful this is. Can someone solve
    the problem please!!!!

Win10frustrated, Feb 22, 2017
  3. No password prompt at login screen at screen saver...cannot get back without reboot

I used the suggested setting. But the problem persists.

Win10frustrated, Feb 22, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

At startup, no password or login prompt

@Stranded360

It may be an issue with Fast Startup. At an Admin command prompt, type (copy/paste this), and press enter.

powercfg -h off

Reboot.

This will turn off Fast Startup and disable hibernation. You will still be able to Sleep the machine.

Without more info, this is just a good guess since there are issues with Fast Startup and logon, etc.

You can reverse this by powercfg -h on

Worth a shot.

f14tomcat, Feb 22, 2017
Thema:

At startup, no password or login prompt

1. At startup, no password or login prompt - Similar Threads - startup password login

2. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  3. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Logoff/Login password prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  6. Logoff/Login password prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  7. Yahoo password change and login prompts

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo password change and login prompts: I'm trying to help someone with an Iphone 8+. It all started with trying to send a webpage to email from Safari. It says you need to login to Yahoo before it can proceed. But Yahoo is already logged into. At the same time numerous unauthorized account key login confirmation...
  8. password login at startup

password login at startup: I have a HP laptop and when I turn it on it starts normal until it comes to the part where I need to put my password in and only the letter i and a few numbers and the space bar work. I have to click on the forgot password and when I do that all my keyboard works again but I...
  9. No password prompt on startup

No password prompt on startup: After starting Windows 10, there is no password prompt displayed. After holding the power button to restart, I can still access the BIOS setup. Mouse and keyboard are fully working. However, after trying to restart, everything appears to be booting/loading as normal, but...
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....