Windows 10: Atheros LAN Driver is uninstalled and won't install.

Discus and support Atheros LAN Driver is uninstalled and won't install. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently replaced my GTX 660 with a GTX 970, and after I had completed installing that, the PC started up perfectly. The only issue was the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rawrsy, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Rawrsy Win User

Atheros LAN Driver is uninstalled and won't install.

I recently replaced my GTX 660 with a GTX 970, and after I had completed installing that, the PC started up perfectly. The only issue was the internet said it was not connected (with a red X on the connection icon). I used the troubleshooter to discover that I did not have a LAN driver installed and windows didn't couldn't detect what I needed. I check my files and the driver was still there, so I uninstalled it expecting the disk that had come with the box of the motherboard to reinstall the driver correctly. After I had uninstalled the driver and used the disk to try and reinstall, the driver did not reappear. I searched for a driver install separately on my laptop, but to no avail. Nothing seemed to be compatible with my motherboard. The driver which I had assumed matched state that it could not detect the family of driver on my PC. I tried to do a recovery but didn't have a backup file, and resorted to a factory reset. After trying the disk after the reset, and continuing to search for the right driver, I came up empty handed. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Rawrsy, Dec 31, 2015

2. BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys)

Hi Seung,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys).

Please let us know the make/model of your computer.

The L1C63x64.sys is the Atheros LAN driver and I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Atheros LAN driver but install the latest Atheros LAN driver by visiting the manufacture's website and avoid using any LAN driver available though Windows Update.

However the problem could also be with any VPN software and other software so make sure you have the latest version of each of these software.

If the errors continue uninstall the VPN software and check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries for BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys). We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 31, 2015
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_HANDLE BSOD still persisting after resetting my laptop

I completely uninstalled the previous QUALCOMM ATHEROS WIRELESS LAN driver from the device manager and downloaded the last driver from the lenevo website which came on 11/11/2015, and the timestamp on the signature list is of 9th november , 2015

bhavitsharma, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Is that a Custom computer with the Gigabyte motherboard? If so the LAN drivers should be on the CD/DVD that came with it, both of mine did. Or you could download the drivers from Gigabyte's site.

Berton, Dec 31, 2015
  5. Could you post a screenshot of Device Manager under Network Adapters? One could see whether or not the LAN adapter is being recognized, and whether or not it is functioning properly.

Michaelvas17, Dec 31, 2015
  6. Rawrsy Win User
    Yes it is custom, but the DVD it came with doesn't seem to be able to reinstall the driver, and when I use a driver from Gigabyte's website, it says that I don't have that family of driver on my PC. I am fairly sure the driver I looked at is correct though.

Rawrsy, Dec 31, 2015
  7. Rawrsy Win User
    Atheros LAN Driver is uninstalled and won't install. [​IMG]

It appears that I don't even have network adapters in my Device Manager.

Rawrsy, Dec 31, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

I see that the newest driver for the Atheros network adapter at Gigabyte is for Windows 8.1.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77-DS3H (rev. 1.0)

Probably OK for Windows 10.

I'm a little surprised that the adapter doesn't appear in Device Manager under "other devices" or some such. I hope that the 8.1 drivers do it for you.

bobkn, Jan 1, 2016
  9. Rawrsy Win User
    When I use that driver install it says "Installer can't find Qualcomm Atheros AR81Family ethernet controller on your system" which is the main issue, how am I going to get the driver back on the computer if it won't install. I guaranteed have GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard as well.

Atheros LAN Driver is uninstalled and won't install. [​IMG]

Rawrsy, Jan 1, 2016
  10. bobkn Win User
    A stupid question:

Is the controller enabled in the BIOS settings?

bobkn, Jan 1, 2016
  11. Rawrsy Win User
    How does one navigate to their BIOS settings?

Rawrsy, Jan 1, 2016
  12. Rawrsy Win User
    I went into the PC's BIOS and it stated, "OnBoard LAN Controller#1 Enabled"

Rawrsy, Jan 1, 2016
  13. bobkn Win User

It was a bit of a long shot.

I dunno. Clear the CMOS? I've had to do it in the past after swapping in a new graphics card, but only because the system couldn't boot into Windows at all.

bobkn, Jan 1, 2016
  14. Rawrsy Win User
    Should the Network stack be enabled? The description is "Enable/Disable UEFI network stack"

Rawrsy, Jan 1, 2016
  15. Rawrsy Win User
    It seems that the issue was that my Ethernet port was fried, so I had to get an Ethernet adapter and install it into my PC.

Rawrsy, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Atheros LAN Driver is uninstalled and won't install. - Similar Threads - Atheros LAN Driver

2. LAN driver mediatek mt7922 gets uninstalled by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN driver mediatek mt7922 gets uninstalled by itself: Hi Team,I am unable to connect to wifi due to the issue with LAN driver. drivers are getting uninstalled by itself and disconnecting with wifi automatically.I have tried several mentioned in the forum but nothing is working out. I kindly request you to please help me with...
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth drivers install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth drivers install: Hello, I have a Toshiba laptop from 2011 and am using it every day. I'm using a new SSD. The problem I'm facing is that the bluetooth seems to function properly if I connect directly to my phone or speaker, but all apps which need bluetooth I tried, end up with an error...
  4. Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth drivers install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth drivers install: Hello, I have a Toshiba laptop from 2011 and am using it every day. I'm using a new SSD. The problem I'm facing is that the bluetooth seems to function properly if I connect directly to my phone or speaker, but all apps which need bluetooth I tried, end up with an error...
  5. Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth drivers install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I accidentally uninstall my Qualcomm Atheros Drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally uninstall my Qualcomm Atheros Drivers: Hello, I have experienced that my laptop ASUS X441B can't detect any wi-fi and my Qualcomm Atheros driver becomes hidden in device manager. But sometimes, suddenly it can detect and connect to wifi, and after several minutes, it will restart without any notice. I have...
  7. Wireless LAN driver uninstalled automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless LAN driver uninstalled automatically.: Hi, With the latest windows 10 update, there have been several issues with the network adaptor. On of which being the wireless LAN driver getting uninstalled automatically. Usually this problem can be resolved by restarting. A few times i had to manually install the driver....
  8. Bluetooth Drivers Uninstalled and won't re-install

Bluetooth Drivers Uninstalled and won't re-install: I've been having this issue recently, where the On/Off switch for Bluetooth disappears for no apparent reason, and this means I can't use Bluetooth. Normally, I'd Uninstall one of the Drivers, Restart my computer, and things work again, but this time, after restarting my...
  9. Qualcomm Atheros Drivers?

Qualcomm Atheros Drivers?: Hi, Is there a new network adapter for windows 10 that is Qualcomm Atheros? I have the version AR9485 and I think the version was 10.0.0.132. The reason I am saying this is because my Wifi does not work (only on my Asus computer.) I am sending this from my phone. When I...
  10. Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver

Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver: Qualcomm/Atheros Wireless Lan Driver Version 10.0.0.326 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...d=1742&lang=en 22634