Windows 10: ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but 3200-series (onboard) doesn't

Discus and support ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but 3200-series (onboard) doesn't in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Gateway DX4300 with ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) 3200-series (onboard) - Display Driver (device mgr): AMD Radeon HD 5500 Series and ATI Radeon HD 3200... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ImTheNana, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ImTheNana Win User

ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but 3200-series (onboard) doesn't

Gateway DX4300 with ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card)
    3200-series (onboard) -
    Display Driver (device mgr): AMD Radeon HD 5500 Series and ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (working properly)
    2 Gateway HX2000: 1 DVI-D, 1 VGA - both detected and named properly
    Third monitor: Dell 1905FP VGA only - not currently detected (but it's the onboard, not the monitor, see below)
    AMD CCC version 2015.0728.2244.39078
    8.00 GB RAM (7.75 GB usable)

* Installed Win10 Home x64 over Win8.1 (which was over 8, which was over 7, x64 Home Prem versions). Three monitors worked, just as they had in 7, 8, and 8.1, until restart with WinUpdate forced update, then onboard stopped working. Doesn't matter which VGA is plugged into it, no joy.

* Clean install of Win7 (only disk I had because 8 & 8.1 were downloaded upgrades). Onboard didn't work at all after this, not even initially.

* Backed all files up and clean installed Win10. Again, all three monitors worked initially, until machine restart.

When the Dell VGA is found, and when it was part of the three monitor setup that was working initially before the restart, Win10 detects it, names it properly, and it works, presumably, off the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics display adapter. However, when it's connected (or when the VGA Gateway HX2000 is connected) to the onboard, after that initial working period before restart, the one on the onboard is not detected at all.

This led me to conclude it's the onboard, not any of the monitors, which all worked in tandem with extended desktop through 7, 8, and 8.1. It's only with the newer software for the AMD/ATI (which had not been upgraded since they first offered 8.1 for free) has "broken" my onboard.

However, if I pull the card, restart, the onboard works fine, and detected (and properly names under Monitors) whichever VGA I connect. So they aren't working together, at least after that initial period.

I've spent nearly 5 days working on this, Googling answers, and trying different stuff. I'll even take a simple fix that makes me feel stupid at this point, if only I could have all three working again.

The only alternative I'm left with at this point is to run the third off a USB converter, but that's not the most ideal way to go, IMO, and will restrict how well the third monitor works.

TIA for the long read. *Smile

:)

ImTheNana, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro - Business Channel Recent Updates Broke Miracast on HP Envy 34" Curved All In One Systems

Thanks but that doesn't really solve anything.

The Radeon graphics in this case is an RX 460 series card, and again I just went and installed the latest update for it today.

Mircast is NOT touching it when initiated anyways, It's only using the onboard Intel 630 GFX and Intel Wireless chipsets to do the Miracast connection.

The Radeon graphics is specifically used if someone were to be using a multimedia intensive program that required it, and the app would be launched against it specifically.

Erich Weihrauch (eweihrauch), Aug 9, 2015
  3. Installing Windows 10 - ATI Radeon X1200 Display not supported!?

Friends, everything is fine!

By ATI are illiterate and Microsoft are incompetent!

The drivers work perfectly under windows 10, because the system is the same as in windows 7. have changed how to install!

Download driver for Vista and izplnete following steps:

Install with setup, custom install (remove all the ugly software, only driver and microsoft stuff)

REQUIREMENTS

Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10

One of those video cards:

quote:

ATI Radeon 9500 Series

ATI Radeon 9550 Series

ATI Radeon 9600 Series

ATI Radeon 9700 Series

ATI Radeon 9800 Series

ATI Radeon X300 Series

ATI Radeon X550 Series

ATI Radeon X600 Series

ATI Radeon X700 Series

ATI Radeon X800 Series

ATI Radeon X850 Series

ATI Radeon X1050 Series

ATI Radeon X1300 Series

ATI Radeon X1550 Series

ATI Radeon X1600 Series

ATI Radeon X1650 Series

ATI Radeon X1800 Series

ATI Radeon X1900 Series

ATI Radeon Xpress Series

ATI Radeon X1200 Series

ATI Radeon X1250 Series

ATI Radeon X2100 Series

1.Download ATI Drivers windows vista 32/64 last driver

3.Let Installer extract drivers, after that close the instaler

ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but  3200-series (onboard) doesn't [​IMG]

4.Right Click on Computer -> Manage

5.Search for VGA Controller / Card / generic VGA Adapter

6.right click on the device -> Update Drivers

ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but  3200-series (onboard) doesn't [​IMG]

8.Select C:/ATI (Please Note:If you have other letter,it doesn't change nothing,just select ATI Folder on your HDD Root)

9.Wait while it install Drivers

10.Enjoy Windows 8/8.1/10,Lot Fast,Lot Smooth

my e-mail *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

If you want to me a cup or
    you need help: P

accept gifts, just kidding
    ... in need of help.

ЕвгениИлиев, Aug 9, 2015
  4. ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but 3200-series (onboard) doesn't

AMD dropped current driver support for their HD 2x/3x/4x series years ago -- which is why you'll find no Win10 driver for those.

I had trouble, when I was still using an onboard HD 4390 installing the drivers in Win8 -- but the solution was NOT to use their installer, but instead, to use Control Panel, Device Manager, Update driver and select the .inf file for the driver package. That actually installed the drivers.

Mark Phelps, Aug 9, 2015
  5. ImTheNana Win User
    Thanks for the fast reply!

Since it's not detecting the monitor at all after restart, how do I update a driver that isn't there? Should I delete CCC fully, pull the card, and just do as you say for the onboard, then replace the card and do as you say for the card? How do I block Win10 from updating with CCC?

ImTheNana, Aug 9, 2015
  6. ImTheNana Win User
    Okay, I've been at this for the last few hours, and I think ... I think ... I've worked it out. I did all the convoluted things with the card out, then back in, and in the end it was uninstalling the 3200 AND deleting the driver with Device Manager, restarting, and then letting 'look for new hardware' and letting it put the best driver it found. As of now, I've restarted, and it is working. Whether it will stay that way is another story, because I'm not satisfied that Win10 won't try to auto update it to the newest software again.

But at least for now I have my three screens back so I can work more efficiently.

Thanks!

ImTheNana, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but 3200-series (onboard) doesn't

1. ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but 3200-series (onboard) doesn't - Similar Threads - ATI Radeon 5550

2. I need ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series: No driver are installed for the devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-3400-series/4078f533-8325-4f1f-b615-f87677a76206
  3. I need ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series: No driver are installed for the devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-3400-series/4078f533-8325-4f1f-b615-f87677a76206
  4. I need ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  6. ATI Radeon graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATI Radeon graphics card not working: My old PC is has Windows XP SP3 as the OS. But it seems that whenever I right click on the desktop screen, it shows Intel instead of ATI. Also I can't open the ATI Catalyst Manager. How do I make the discrete GPU work again?...
  7. Radeon 6000 series card annoucement

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Radeon 6000 series card annoucement: Just got done watching, pretty excited for this new line up of Radeon cards. I've owned nothing but Nvidia for quite a while, but might just give one of these a shot 6800, with 128MB infinity cache, 16GB DDR6, 250w power consumption. Available Nov 18 for $579 6800XT, with...
  8. ATI mobilty radeon HD 4500 series window 10 work fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ATI mobilty radeon HD 4500 series window 10 work fine: I have just upgraded my Acer Aspire Z5610 with ATI mobilty radeon HD 4500 series to window 10 and it is working fine with full hd resolution (1920*1080)...
  9. ATI Radeon X1200 Series Windows 10 Low FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ATI Radeon X1200 Series Windows 10 Low FPS: Well. I recently had windows 7, but I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but I've noticed a huge difference in how much FPS it is. In ROBLOX areas where I had 60+ Fps I now have 46 FPS as much, also where I got 50 FPS, now I have 25-28 FPS, not only does it happen to me in...
  10. ati radeon hd 5000 series stopped working after update to w10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ati radeon hd 5000 series stopped working after update to w10: Hi, after updating to windows 10 from w7, my ati mobility radeon hd 5000 series stopped working because of an error code 43. The 4200 series works just fine. Updating the drivers doesn't solve the problem, but i can install them manually like this: Nothing found —...