Windows 10: Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge

Discus and support Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I got a return label e-mailed to me in Gmail. When I click on the attachment to either download it, or open the PDF, I get error messages. I am on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mac173173, Aug 2, 2016.

1. mac173173 Win User

Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge

I got a return label e-mailed to me in Gmail. When I click on the attachment to either download it, or open the PDF, I get error messages. I am on Gmail in Chrome. If I try to download, it says I cannot do this (open Edge) under the Administrative account, switch accounts. If I try to open the PDF, it tries to save it to OneDrive, which I do not use.

I have UAC disabled in the registry. This is causing the Admin account error although I don't understand why.
    All my download settings are set to My Documents, so I don't get the OneDrive thing.
    I do not use OneDrive, Edge, or any MS apps.

How do I allow downloads to my preferred documents folder?

:)

mac173173, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Gautam009 Win User

gmail for nokia e71

where the gmail app for nokia e71 has gone ?

It was available earlier ... But now there is no option on google site ... And gmail is not accessible on default browser... And in opera mini.. No option send mail attachments... I just want to sen mail attachments ... Its working with UC browser... But I
    don't like UC ... I have to keep it just to sen mail attachments ... I want the gmail app or nokia should tell me a way to access gmail via default browser.... Step 2 verification is ON on my gmail account so I can not connect to gmail via mailbox ....

Gautam009, Aug 2, 2016
  3. FAKZ Win User
    Windows10-IE-Gmail stuck in opening bar

- Gmail used to take a long time to open in Windows 10-IE but opened immediately with Edge

- Since last update, Gmail gets stuck in opening bar

- Don't like Gmail with Edge because couldn't find the way to choose where the download of attachments go

FAKZ, Aug 2, 2016
  4. mac173173 Win User

Well, one of many problems I cannot solve with 10. I will solve it by reverting to 7 where my PC acts like a PC instead of a chimera.

mac173173, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge - Similar Threads - Attachments Gmail are

2. Unable to attach files on Gmail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to attach files on Gmail.: The problem started today after an automatic windows update. ERROR: This file is 0 bytes, so it will not attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-attach-files-on-gmail/839e9ee2-f5c3-473c-be46-e3fa35d6c602
  3. Gmail/attached pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gmail/attached pictures: Can't view photos or videos in emails without saving to onedrive. I see a thread back in 2017 and it still applies. I do NOT want to use onedirve or mydrive. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO OPEN PICTURES AND SAVE TO MY PICTURES FOLDER IN GMAIL. This is not about saving anything to MS...
  4. Gmail/attached pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail/attached pictures: Can't view photos or videos in emails without saving to onedrive. I see a thread back in 2017 and it still applies. I do NOT want to use onedirve or mydrive. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO OPEN PICTURES AND SAVE TO MY PICTURES FOLDER IN GMAIL. This is not about saving anything to MS...
  5. Gmail/attached pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to attach documents to Gmail

Unable to attach documents to Gmail: For several days I have been unable to attach documents to emails. File explorer opens and either the files are not there OR if they are as soon as I click on it the CPU usage ramps up dramatically and the program stops responding. I cannot find a solution to this problem...
  7. Cannot attach items in GMail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot attach items in GMail: I have been using Windows10 with Google Chrome for at least four years with no problem. During the past week, however, the paperclip icon for attachments has disappeared. I've tried all the solutions posted in these forums, but so far, nothing has worked. Thank you for your...
  8. Gmail attachments not showing

Gmail attachments not showing: Attachments I send from a gmail account often do not show up for Windows 10 users but will show up on other systems. Help please. My Windows 10 clients think I’m an incompetent email user....
  9. Google breaks Gmail attachment names in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Google breaks Gmail attachment names in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft’s new Chromium-based Edge browser has been in public testing for more than a year and it’s a lot like Chrome, which also uses Chromium. Using Chromium and Blink rendering engine was supposed to help with compatibility, but some Google services are reportedly not...
  10. Cannot attach a file in Gmail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot attach a file in Gmail.: Gmail has been working perfectly until about two + weeks ago. Then it would say "no internet connection" although the internet tested connected. Then another issue developed. When trying to attach a file to an email, the shell of the file will attach, but it never...