Windows 10: Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge

Discus and support Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I got a return label e-mailed to me in Gmail. When I click on the attachment to either download it, or open the PDF, I get error messages. I am on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mac173173, Aug 2, 2016.

1. mac173173 Win User

Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge

I got a return label e-mailed to me in Gmail. When I click on the attachment to either download it, or open the PDF, I get error messages. I am on Gmail in Chrome. If I try to download, it says I cannot do this (open Edge) under the Administrative account, switch accounts. If I try to open the PDF, it tries to save it to OneDrive, which I do not use.

I have UAC disabled in the registry. This is causing the Admin account error although I don't understand why.
    All my download settings are set to My Documents, so I don't get the OneDrive thing.
    I do not use OneDrive, Edge, or any MS apps.

How do I allow downloads to my preferred documents folder?

:)

mac173173, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Gautam009 Win User

gmail for nokia e71

where the gmail app for nokia e71 has gone ?

It was available earlier ... But now there is no option on google site ... And gmail is not accessible on default browser... And in opera mini.. No option send mail attachments... I just want to sen mail attachments ... Its working with UC browser... But I
    don't like UC ... I have to keep it just to sen mail attachments ... I want the gmail app or nokia should tell me a way to access gmail via default browser.... Step 2 verification is ON on my gmail account so I can not connect to gmail via mailbox ....

Gautam009, Aug 2, 2016
  3. FAKZ Win User
    Windows10-IE-Gmail stuck in opening bar

- Gmail used to take a long time to open in Windows 10-IE but opened immediately with Edge

- Since last update, Gmail gets stuck in opening bar

- Don't like Gmail with Edge because couldn't find the way to choose where the download of attachments go

FAKZ, Aug 2, 2016
  4. mac173173 Win User

Well, one of many problems I cannot solve with 10. I will solve it by reverting to 7 where my PC acts like a PC instead of a chimera.

mac173173, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge - Similar Threads - Attachments Gmail are

2. gmail problems with outlook and edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gmail problems with outlook and edge: I can't change my gmail password in outlook using edge as my browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-problems-with-outlook-and-edge/6d6489f9-1065-4877-b5de-e62c1808f40f
  3. Default folder for saving Outlook attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default folder for saving Outlook attachments: How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-folder-for-saving-outlook-attachments/30bfa635-da16-4722-b5b2-92ac35c9c2f1"
  4. Cannot attach a file in Gmail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot attach a file in Gmail.: Gmail has been working perfectly until about two + weeks ago. Then it would say "no internet connection" although the internet tested connected. Then another issue developed. When trying to attach a file to an email, the shell of the file will attach, but it never...
  5. shortcut for gmail in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shortcut for gmail in microsoft edge: Can I create a shortcut on Microsoft edge for gmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-for-gmail-in-microsoft-edge/9d7affcb-1684-4335-b5d3-6434b87b5254
  6. Gmail default on Google browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail default on Google browser: How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.) thank you...
  7. Gmail default stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail default stopped working: Gmail is my default program and I use it from Chrome. I can no longer click on file to send it by email as I get the message to say that there is no email program associated. My default app is set as Chrome, and G Mail is set in Chrome "Handlers". As it worked before, has...
  8. Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome: I've googled and searched tenforums and found descriptions of how to do this but nothing seems to work. I have added the mailto Handler in Chrome settings and it shows mail.google.com. I have set the Mail default app to Chrome. I have set the default Mailto protocol...
  9. Re: Gmail as default email

in Browsers and Email
    Re: Gmail as default email: I have recently purchased a Windows 10 loaded Lenovo laptop. I want Gmail to be the default email client. At the moment, I can access Gmail, through Outlook.com but do not like the way it is presented and prefer Gmail's format. Is there any way that I can unravel this, so...
  10. Gmail Notifier For Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Notifier For Edge: Now that I have changed my browser to MS Edge (because Google Chrome was to slow) I have lost my Gmail notifier, which was a browser add on, and was jolly useful.......I have had a quick look around, but can't seem to find an equivalent add on for Edge......anyone know if...