Windows 10: Attempt NOT to synchronize FAVORITES in Desktop and Tablet - FAILED

Discus and support Attempt NOT to synchronize FAVORITES in Desktop and Tablet - FAILED in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Happy with Win-8.1, I kept my Favorites as the separate and INDEPENDENT choices in my desktop IE-11 (DELL Inspiron 660) and tablet IE-11 (ASUS VivoTab... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Glyadun90, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Glyadun90 Win User

Attempt NOT to synchronize FAVORITES in Desktop and Tablet - FAILED

Happy with Win-8.1, I kept my Favorites as the separate and INDEPENDENT choices in my desktop IE-11 (DELL Inspiron 660) and tablet IE-11 (ASUS VivoTab Smart), with the same MSoft account, and never had important favorites in the much less protected and carried all around tablet.

Forced byMSoft into Win-10, I continue using IE-11 in the desktop, without problems, for all my previous desktop Favorites, but have many problems using IE-11 in the tablet (about which I will ask your help in another message).

Learning to use Edge in the tablet I was terrified to see that the tablet Edge shows exactly the WHOLE list of my desktop IE Favorites. Following MSoft instructions (In Edge more settings Favorites settings synch your content OFF) I cancelled the FAVORITES synchronization in BOTH the desktop and the tablet.

NO needed result. The tablet Edge continues to show ALL my IE desktop Favorites and to offer this list both for opening in the tablet the previously saved in the desktop WEB sites as well as for saving new WEB sites into this list.

I would much appreciate your help in making my Favorites INDEPENDENT in the desktop and the tablet which are now both unfortunately under the Win-10 control.

Many thanks for attention

:)

Glyadun90, Aug 4, 2016

2. Can't delete/change favories in Internet Explorer

I have a desktop and a tablet both signed into Windows 10 with the same email account. Until recently favorites in Edge and Internet Explorer synchronized properly.

Went away on 3 week vacation with tablet.

Upon return favorites not synchronizing properly on the desktop.

Changes I make on the tablet appear immediately on the desktop BUT if I delete a favorite on the desktop it immediately reappears. The only way I can delete the item is to make the change on the tablet.

brimmichael, Aug 4, 2016
  3. fenoy Win User
    sync ie favorites and history from windows 8

I was aware of the date when the posts were written but I don't keep a chronological calendar of exactly when MS implements their changes.

It may all synch by default for you but it does synch by default - at least for me. I've have not disabled the web browser synchronization in the desktop and as I noted the tabs sync immediately from the desktop to the phone.
    What doesn't synch are the favorites.

I do not understand your discussion regarding the active view in the favorites section. I can open the favorites view and see all of the original favorites that were loaded whenever. However tapping the folder in the app either shows either the original
    favorite folders that were imported into the phone or the links to favorites that have not been categorized within folders. This goes in an endless circle and none of this seems to have any effect whatsoever about synchronizing the favorites from the desktop
    to the phone.

In summary if I create a new favorite one the desktop, either in a folder or an uncategorized favorite, that favorite never appears in the favorites on the phone. It simply doesn't happen and yet the tabs opened on the desktop stay perfectly synchronized
    with those on the phone. Clearly there is something amiss but I can't figure out what or how to correct it.

Thanks for taking your time to respond.

fenoy, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Attempt NOT to synchronize FAVORITES in Desktop and Tablet - FAILED

I Guess turning off synchronization wont help deleting the Favorites Already Synced to MS server.
    Disconnect your MS account from either one End (Desktop or Tablet)..
    EDIT favorites Manually in either of the devices.

Now here's the little confusion.. I have only manages sync Settings like this..
    Understanding the New Sync Settings in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

and I guess Microsoft Edge doesnt Control Sync Settings. .. or another Bug.
    Try turning Sync off from Settings Menu instead of MS edge

manish9009, Aug 4, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    As previous poster said, to turn off Internet Explorer syncing, go to Settings > Accounts > Sync Your Settings > And turn off 'Internet Explorer Settings'

Attempt NOT to synchronize FAVORITES in Desktop and Tablet - FAILED [​IMG]

ARC1020, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Attempt NOT to synchronize FAVORITES in Desktop and Tablet - FAILED

1. Attempt NOT to synchronize FAVORITES in Desktop and Tablet - FAILED - Similar Threads - Attempt synchronize FAVORITES

2. Time Synchronization Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Synchronization Failed: I am trying to run some python scripts but I am getting error as below. Python Error: Discarding packet: The msg_id belongs to over 30 seconds in the future. Most likely the client time has to be synchronized.When checked further, I was told to sync my windows clock. However...
  3. Time Synchronization Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Synchronization Failed: I am trying to run some python scripts but I am getting error as below. Python Error: Discarding packet: The msg_id belongs to over 30 seconds in the future. Most likely the client time has to be synchronized.When checked further, I was told to sync my windows clock. However...
  4. Time Synchronization Failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Time synchronization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time synchronization failed: So I'm trying to get my time synced but it fails all the time. I have tryed using cmd commands "w32tm" ect. I have tryed changing "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w32time\Parameters" and I have tryed changing CMOS battery on my motherboard....
  6. Time synchronization failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time synchronization failed: So I'm trying to get my time synced but it fails all the time. I have tryed using cmd commands "w32tm" ect. I have tryed changing "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w32time\Parameters" and I have tryed changing CMOS battery on my motherboard....
  7. Time synchronization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed: I have a machine running W10 Pro. I am logged into the laptop with a Microsoft account this one. I have a second machine running W10 Ent. I m logged on there with a corporate AzureAD account. I want to Remote Desktop from W10E to W10P. I know the IP of W10P, if I ping using...
  9. Time Synchronization Failed

Time Synchronization Failed: Hi.. I'm having problem with the time setting. The time zone is already correct UTC+7 but the time is not correct even though I set time automatically. When I try to synchronize my clock, it always fails. I wonder what's wrong with my laptop. Could anybody help me please?...
  10. Time synchronization failed

Time synchronization failed: I'm unable unable to sync time and date in windows 10 it shows "unable to start windows time and services" and can't find windows time option in services menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-synchronization-failed/878ddfcb-ef6b-4ce6-adbd-420642b62579