Windows 10: Attempted execute of noexecute memory - after Dell BIOS update

Discus and support Attempted execute of noexecute memory - after Dell BIOS update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using a Dell Laptop running Windows 10. Never had any BSOD before ever. A few hours ago I clicked on the Dell's automatic updater which was to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by qwe, Sep 22, 2017.

1. QWE
    qwe Win User

Attempted execute of noexecute memory - after Dell BIOS update

Using a Dell Laptop running Windows 10. Never had any BSOD before ever.

A few hours ago I clicked on the Dell's automatic updater which was to update the Dell BIOS version. Everything installed fine and the Dell BIOS checker checked the updated Bios installation saying all was fine. System then restarted and I logged into Windows. About 5 mins later I get a BSOD with error message "attempted execute of noexecute memory". Computer automatically restarts. Then every time after this I login to Windows and it repeats the BSOD after about 5 mins.

I used the DM Log Collector Tool. Please see attached. After this I did a System Restore to 3 days ago thinking that it should fix the problem. It didn't.

Seems that Dell BIOS updater has stuffed up my system. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this please?

:)

2. Attempted execute of noexecute memory error after upgrade to windows 10

Hi Veronika,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below article and check if that helps:

Bug Check 0xFC ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 22, 2017
  3. Attempted execute of noexecute memory error after upgrade to windows 10

I upgraded my Lenovo Laptop Friday night. I was about to start it with password and it was running in desktop for up to 5mins. Than came a blue screen and the following message:

Attempted execute of no execute memory.

I checked the RAM - no error there. I did restart several times and I tried with help to leave that stupid matter. But nothing worked out.

I also got a DVD copy of the windows 10 iOS - also this is not working.

To go back to another previous

version of windows 8 - there is no time for the upload - before the system restarts.

Veronika1984, Sep 22, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please run the DM Log Collector again and upload a new zip, the current uploaded one misses several logs.
    You could check if there are
    • 18 .txt,
    • 1 .nfo,
    • 1 or more .dmp,
    files present, if this is the case then all logs are present *Smile
    If there are a few missing, no problem as we can get them manually if required *Smile

5. QWE
    qwe Win User
    I've rerun the program again. It doesn't generate 18 .txt files. I only get 3 .txt files, 1 .nfo file and 16 .dmp files. Those get saved on the Admin's desktop to a folder called "TFdebugFiles".

The DM Log Collector only gets to "generating msinfo report" and then the cursor on the bottom left just blinks. Not sure if the program has finished or not? Please see attached screenshot. Then about a minute later I get the same BSOD error and computer restarts.

Attempted execute of noexecute memory - after Dell BIOS update [​IMG]

6. axe0 New Member
    Run this command in an admin command prompt, it'll create some files on the desktop. Select the files, copy them to a zip file and upload the zip. Code: copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"[/quote] Files that are created:
    • *.dmp,
    • dxdiag.txt,
    • hosts.txt,
    • systeminfo.txt,
    • drivers.txt,
    • eventlog.txt,
    • uninstall.txt,
    • installed.txt,
    • services.txt,
    • startup.txt,
    • msinfo32.nfo

7. QWE
    qwe Win User
    please find attached the .zip file. Not all the .txt files generated but most of them did. thanks for your help

8. axe0 New Member

Please DO NOT modify the files.
    They don't contain privacy sensitive information nor sensitive information about your activation key.

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it is finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Make a photo of SFC and post it.

9. QWE
    qwe Win User
    I tried to run that command but once it gets to about 31% I get the same BSOD as the command is taking too long to complete. About 5mins after logging into Windows I always get the BSOD and this time was no different.

Edit: I tried it this time by booting it up in Safe Mode with Command Prompt enabled. The scan fully completed and said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

10. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

11. QWE
    qwe Win User
    I disabled everything in taskmanager and msconfig. After that I didn't get any BSOD.
    I started enabling all items in taskmanager & msconfig in lots of 5-6 items and all seemed fine. The only thing I didn't enable in taskmanager was "PROGRAM" as i don't know what that is and looks a bit suspicious with no publisher name. Please see attached screenshot.
    All the services in msconfig has been enabled besides the DELL ones. Once I enabled all the DELL ones in one go then about 5mins later I got the same BSOD. Please see screenshot. Are those DELL services necessary at all or is it best just to leave them all disabled?

12. zbook New Member
    Please post a new zip and when you have a bsod please post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

If the DM log collector malfunctions please post updated logs using this method with administrative command prompt:
    Code: copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"[/quote]
    In posts #1, #3, and #5 there was no msinfo32 or it could not be viewed.
    See if a manual method can save and transmit msinfo32:

In left lower corner search type msinfo32 > wait 5 minutes for it to fully load > save to desktop > use share link to post into thread.

zbook, Sep 24, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

PROGRAM is likely a pointer to a deleted program, as the program is deleted the name is unknown and defaults to 'program'.

You can disable the dell programs.

Thema:

1. Attempted execute of noexecute memory - after Dell BIOS update - Similar Threads - Attempted execute noexecute

2. BSOD Attempted execute of noexecute memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Attempted execute of noexecute memory: So my windows 10 blue screened today could not find a mini dump sadly but i have "MEMORY.DMP" zipped and uploaded on mega here is the link:LinkThanks in advance....
  3. BSOD Attempted execute of noexecute memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Attempted execute of noexecute memory: So my windows 10 blue screened today could not find a mini dump sadly but i have "MEMORY.DMP" zipped and uploaded on mega here is the link:LinkThanks in advance....
  4. BSOD Attempted execute of noexecute memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Attempted Execute of noexecute memory

Attempted Execute of noexecute memory: Hi, I'm having trouble booting up my PC, after 10-15 seconds when the desktop shows a blue screen error occurs saying "Attempted Execute of noexecute memory" and the problem was "imfilter failed". I tried updating my drivers that has yellow exclamation on them but they all...
  6. Blue screen Attempted execute of noexecute memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen Attempted execute of noexecute memory: Hello, Received an update last night for windows after a 3 week holiday. Nothing weird u would say, till today... Today while playing a game, i got suddenly an blue screen with the message Attempted execute of noexecute memory. Since it didnt do anything anymore (0%...
  7. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY: I am stuck in a nefarious blue screen loop and i cant seem to get a straight answer. I performed a computer “refresh” (HP Pavilion 510-a010 running Windows 10 Home). Upon restarting I got the stop code: ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY. And it just continuously keeps...
  8. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY 0x000000FC Stop Error

in Windows 10 News
    ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY 0x000000FC Stop Error: [ATTACH] BSOD or Blue Screen of Death is awful. We all have experienced it at least once or more. What happens with this error is that you are doing your work on your Windows computers and suddenly, it shows a blue [...] This post ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY...
  9. BSOD attempted execute of noexecute memory

BSOD attempted execute of noexecute memory: So first off. I have had this error several times today. This all started after I installed a large recent update (the creators update) from windows. At first I thought it was a youtube issue as two of the crashes happened in the middle of youtube videos. But the videos were...
  10. BSOD. Attempted execute of noexecute memory

BSOD. Attempted execute of noexecute memory: Hi, I built a desktop and it was BSODing non stop with the error message, "attempted execute of noexecute memory". I then stripped out the components till finally only these are in the system and re- installed windows. Asus Z170 Pro Core i5 6600k Gskill Ripjaws 16...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attempted execute of noexecute memory not load windows server 2012 r2 bootloop dell r620