Windows 10: attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update ..

Discus and support attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update .. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my Son,s computer . Before the update I made a image with macrium reflect , updated and the computer will not run , I keep getting a attempted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Total, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Total Win User

attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update ..

On my Son,s computer . Before the update I made a image with macrium reflect , updated and the computer will not run , I keep getting a attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update .. Ideas , thanks .

:)

Total, Aug 10, 2016

2. Attempted switch from DCP :-( BSOD

Thank you for your reply and I do appreciate the assistance. I do not have the money to hire an IT person, even part time. These tools are expensive and when they don't function as advertised, I have
    little time and energy for these pursuits.

I do not have "Acronis Snapshot Manager" nor a "Snapshot Manager" in my computer's Program Files.

According to 'Everything' I have a folder called Acronis (it contains only 1 folder called "Drivers", I don't know what the files are that are listed within - I had to go back to File Explorer to look inside the folder, they are:

setup9x.dll
    setup16.dll
    setupapp.exe
    setupapp9x.exe

setupnt.dll)

Am I safe to just delete the Acronis folder?

Also, 'Everything' found the Snapman.sys in my System32\Drivers folder, can i simply delete that one file?

I followed your link to download the "Qualcomm Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller to version 2.1.0.21:". It gave me a zip file and
    when I opened it all I see are:
    I1c63x64.cat
    L1C63x64.inf
    L1C63x64.sys
    I1c63x86.cat
    L1C63x86.inf
    L1C63x86.sys

I don't know what to do from here... there are no instructions nor any .exe files.

I understand your explanation about not reading rants although what you aren't taking into account is that for the majority of us, computers are a tool that the marketplace demands. Our 'rants' can provide much information about our level of understanding
    techno-speak and a need to put things in plain-speaking-English. For as much as you know and as long as it took you to learn it, we aren't in your industry nor do we speak the language and we have as much and more to know and learn about our own industries.
    Just because you recognize an ability in me to perform better in activities related to your industry doesn't mean I have the time nor inclination to learn these things. Once this tool is fixed I'm certainly not going to be doing any of this again... It's
    a bit like sending you to a remote country to do IT Support where the only caveat is that you need to grow your own food and no one is going to tell you how... you may be able to but the time it would take for you to research and practice would cause you
    to starve... and not get your work done in the meantime.

Cheers!

Michelle Dean, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Attempted switch from DCP :-( BSOD

Michelle

Many persons asking questions in these Forums underestimate their computing skills. You responded well to my requests demonstrating you can do much better than some. It is only by trying to do more that we can acquire new skills.

I generally do not read rants as they are mostly unhelpful when there is a problem to be resolved. Often I do not agree with what users are ranting about and in many cases rants serve no useful purpose. It is better to concentrate on what can be done
    to improve the situation than to dwell on something you cannot do anything about.

Uninstall Acronis Snapshots Manager. Select the keyboard shortcut
    WIN+X, select Control Panel, Programs and Features, Place the cursor on
    Acronis Snapshots Manager, right click and select Uninstall from the drop down menu.

Update the Qualcomm Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller to version 2.1.0.21:

Download Qualcomm Atheros network driver 2.1.0.21 for AR8152 and Windows 8

Download the driver and copy it to a folder on your desktop. Write down the path to the folder. If the driver has been zipped you will need to right click on the file and extract to your folder.

Use the keyboard shortcut Win+X to access and open Device Manager. Locate and right click on the device and select Properties. Click on the Driver tab and the Update Driver button. Click on “Browse my computer for driver
    ” (do not select Search automatically for updated driver) and click the
    Browse button. Type in the Search box the file path to your folder and click on Next. The system should find the driver in your folder and update. If it does not find the driver recheck that the driver is not zipped.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 10, 2016
  4. attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update ..

Its a known Blue screen with older version of windows.. Mostly caused by wireless drivers..
    if you are able to Boot in windows please restart in safemode with networking and install and run this application
    http://www.resplendence.com/download...ashedSetup.exe

If you are not able to boot:- Reboot from Image or USB.. you have created and choose Repair your computer.
    Now you should be able to reboot in safemode with networking.
    Run who crashed http://www.resplendence.com/download...ashedSetup.exe
    and See whats causing PC to crash .. and update drivers accordingly. If you are not able to understand the logs please paste the complete log file here in forum, I will help you out.

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Total Win User
    HI : No idea , it works now ... Rolled back the installation , re-installed the anniversary update , all is well ... thanks ..

Total, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update ..

1. attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update .. - Similar Threads - attempted switch dcp

2. attempted switch from dpc error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attempted switch from dpc error: Hi, I'm having frequent attempted switch from dpc bsodMy setup:Ryzen 5 3600Gigabyte 3060ti4x 8GB DDR4 3000mhz ramB450 MSI Tomahawk I tried fixing it myself, this is what I did in order:Reinstall WindowsUse only a stick of ramChange GPU from a 3060ti gainward from this new...
  3. attempted switch from dpc error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attempted switch from dpc error: Hi, I'm having frequent attempted switch from dpc bsodMy setup:Ryzen 5 3600Gigabyte 3060ti4x 8GB DDR4 3000mhz ramB450 MSI Tomahawk I tried fixing it myself, this is what I did in order:Reinstall WindowsUse only a stick of ramChange GPU from a 3060ti gainward from this new...
  4. BDOD Error: Attempted switch from DPC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BDOD Error: Attempted switch from DPC: This has been happening for a while, I tried updating all to my knowledge my drivers manually as I read it might fix it but it didn't work, I also reset my PC with the windows 10 option Reset PC but it still persists, happens once a day~. This is what I got from the latest...
  5. ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD error: I keep getting the ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC ERROR when trying to install windows update KB4549951 and KB4550945. This is the MEMORY.DMP file that I have pasted below. I'm looking for the solution to this problem 0: kd> !analyze...
  6. Slow user switch after Anniversary Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Slow user switch after Anniversary Update: Ever since the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing very slow user changes between different accounts. Prior to the update it took 2-3 seconds. Now, when I attempt to switch between different user accounts that are logged in, I timed it at about 18 seconds. During...
  7. 'Attempted switch from DPC' error after latest major update

'Attempted switch from DPC' error after latest major update: I started getting this error and BSOD after the last major update (Anniversary update?). My PC starts fine and is OK for hours, then suddenly falls over. It never did this before the update. I have updated all my drivers and also run a scan and repair on the registry using...
  8. BSOD after Creators Update "Attempted Switch from DPC"

BSOD after Creators Update "Attempted Switch from DPC": System crashes 2-3 times a day, usually when idle. Log Collector files attached. Attachment 133382 83485
  9. Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts: Since the Anniversary update was first released I have tried to install it every so often. My most recent attempt was last week, tried 3 times, but each time it failed when my laptop overheated and shut down during the process. But now the update no longer shows up when I...
  10. Attempt to switch from DPC

Attempt to switch from DPC: My computer is getting crashed and getting blue screen. I am getting the following error message 'Attempt to switch to DPC' Attached log files. Kindly help me in resolving this issue. 67043