Windows 10: Attempting Repairs 0 How Long Should It Run?

Discus and support Attempting Repairs 0 How Long Should It Run? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to help a family friend out. They restarted their W10 computer on their own (no reason other than to do it ) and upon restarting the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Attempting Repairs 0 How Long Should It Run?

Trying to help a family friend out. They restarted their W10 computer on their own (no reason other than to do it ) and upon restarting the computer boots to "Diagnosing your PC" for a few moments. It then loads a screen that says Restart or Advanced Options. Clicking Restart keeps bringing me back to the Restart/Advanced Options page. So we clicked Advanced Options and then tried startup repairs. It has now been saying "Attempting Repairs" for literally hours. They do not have a current backup as far as I know.

I am unsure what to do now. How long should the Attempting Repairs run?

It seems like it should be a fairly quick process. So I am thinking a hard shut down and then a reset would be best.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Apr 30, 2017

2. how long should it take to download/install cumulative update for microsoft 10?

i had mine shut off during update and not come back on.

JoeWarren62, Apr 30, 2017
  3. how long should it take to download/install cumulative update for microsoft 10?

it's taking hours . it's not automatically rebooting, i don't think -- as some users complain -- it's just, well, taken 4 hours already

kevinandrewscott, Apr 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Attempting Repairs 0 How Long Should It Run?

That's a bit strange. Yes, you could try a hard shut down, disconnect power, hold the power button down, reconnect, boot up (maybe).

Try disconnecting any unnecessary peripherals before rebooting, esp. wireless mouse if any.

If no joy, use e.g. Kyhi's boot DVD/drive from the top of the Software and Apps section to boot the PC into its version of Win 10 and check the disk (HDTune is on the disk, Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) is also good.

If the disk seems ok, and the PC won't boot, try Macrium Reflect's boot disk, and use the Fix Boot tool on it.
    (Actually, that's on Kyhi's disk too...)

dalchina, May 1, 2017
  5. Thanks for those suggestions.

Gator5000e, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Attempting Repairs 0 How Long Should It Run?

1. Attempting Repairs 0 How Long Should It Run? - Similar Threads - Attempting Repairs Long

2. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long should system restore be?: I’m on my laptop and I’ve tried restoring it to a restore point. From what I’ve read it should take 20-45 minutes but my one has taken an hour and still hasn’t finished and if this isn’t supposed to happen how do I fix it....
  3. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long should system restore be?: I’m on my laptop and I’ve tried restoring it to a restore point. From what I’ve read it should take 20-45 minutes but my one has taken an hour and still hasn’t finished and if this isn’t supposed to happen how do I fix it....
  4. Attempting repair

in Windows 10 Customization
    Attempting repair: Attempting repair is stuck in loop for 12 hours. How can I safely stop attempting repair? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attempting-repair/7bd52cfe-436b-4801-ab37-789335b46cda
  5. how long should a repair-install take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how long should a repair-install take?: I'm using Win10_2004_English_x64.iso I'm going to select "not right now" for including further updates during the repair, and only do the repair using the ISO my HDD. I'm going to turn off my WIFI during the install so that Windows doesn't try to get anything else. Why?...
  6. Attempting repairs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attempting repairs?: My pc must have been updating or something. Laptop battery died now its stuck on attempting repairs for hours??? Used to be able to boot safe mode--- gone now!! Windows used to give me notices for updates and let me delay them. Gone!! Used to ne able to turn off...
  7. How long should chdsk be waited for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should chdsk be waited for?: I ran chkdsk /r C: because of some issues and it's been stuck for numerous hours at 100% done. I'm just wondering at what point should I just pull the plug and see if anything is fixed/more broken submitted by /u/Grakchawwaa [link] [comments]...
  8. How long should diagnosing your PC run for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should diagnosing your PC run for?: It ran earlier and took maybe 30 minutes went to repairing your PC and got back into windows but on next restart it went back to diagnosing your PC and is seemingly stuck it has been running for well over an hour. I can not get into safe mode, startup settings or the windows...
  9. How long should I keep my PC running

in Windows 10 Support
    How long should I keep my PC running: Our PC is used occasionally during the week. Should we keep it running all the time or shut it down every few days. Currently we do the latter. Thanks 92923
  10. Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait?: I need some help! My Asus labtop was working perfectly fine yesterday and upon booting it up today it went to a black screen. I had left it like that for 40 minutes with no luck. I had then turned off my labtop by holding down the power button until it turned off. Upon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long attempting repairs run

2. tablet attempting repairs can i shut it down?

3. windows attempting repairs how long