Windows 10: Attempting to extract individual files from Windowsimagebackup

Discus and support Attempting to extract individual files from Windowsimagebackup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; if you're gonna recommend me restore in other ways like the entire image, I can spend a half hour explaining the circumstances that ultimately have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by HelpmeOmgss, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Attempting to extract individual files from Windowsimagebackup

if you're gonna recommend me restore in other ways like the entire image, I can spend a half hour explaining the circumstances that ultimately have lead me here.

Extract Individual Files From a Windows® 7 System Image Backup - YouTube

THIS VIDEO BASICALLY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY ****ING SAVIOR A FEW MINUTES AGO, no reason for it not to work, followed the steps, and guess what, I get no "Program Files" folder or anything like that.

My ****ing folder looks like this:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

296GB of a Windows image I can't restore onto my SSD I run my OS on now (250GB SSD) and can't install onto my external HDDs plugged in via USB via System Image Recovery...

All I want is my god damn custom Rainmeter skin I'd made over years and that I've held onto this imagebackup for over 2-3+ years just to restore at one point when I could afford a new Desktop.

Literally emotionally disturbed over this torment. What circumstance. A $1250 PC and I can't restore a ****ing Windows backup.

:)

HelpmeOmgss, Jul 21, 2018
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Attempting to extract individual files from Windowsimagebackup

large zip file does not extract properly

Thanks for the suggestions Babu but ........

Tried clean boot - extraction fails

Start up in safe mode - extraction fails

The extraction feature works fine on small zip files but clearly gets severe indigestion when faced with an 11gb zip file. 7 zip works perfectly.

The memory load during windows extraction attempts does not change from base levels, but the hard drive is really working hard. On one occasion after 15 minutes th windows extraction program did attempt to show the extracted files screen with a folder with
    the name of the folder being extracted but on clicking that to see any enclosed files it crashes , screen goes black briefly and it resets to the normal windows desktop view.

AlanHobart, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Attempting to extract individual files from Windowsimagebackup

1. Attempting to extract individual files from Windowsimagebackup - Similar Threads - Attempting extract individual

2. trouble recovery from WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble recovery from WindowsImageBackup: hello,I did a backup yesterday from a laptop 5 before returning it for charging issues. The pc however was fine. today they gave me the new surface laptop 5 basically identical than the one i had yesterday.I'm in trouble with the image recovery file I did yesterday. basically...
  3. Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup": Prior to replacing the old SSD disk drive in my laptop, I completed a backup using the Windows 10 'Create System Image' option in Settings.I then tried unsuccessfully to restore that 'image' onto the new SSD disk drive.Microsoft Technical Support advised me that the...
  4. Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup": Prior to replacing the old SSD disk drive in my laptop, I completed a backup using the Windows 10 'Create System Image' option in Settings.I then tried unsuccessfully to restore that 'image' onto the new SSD disk drive.Microsoft Technical Support advised me that the...
  5. Recovery from "WindowsImagebackup"

6. WindowsImageBackup

WindowsImageBackup: I made a WindowsImageBackup of a new computer on a 128GB memory stick. I wanted to be sure that it was ok, so I tried to look into the files. I kept getting messages about files being corrupted. So, in a Command Prompt, I went into the relevant folder and there were two...
  7. How to reinstall from WindowsImageBackup?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reinstall from WindowsImageBackup?: I had upgraded my windows 7 Premium to Windows10 and had taken an ImageBackup on External HDD. Unfortunately my Laptop HDD crashed and had to be changed. Now the original Windows7 has restarted functioning. When upgrading to Windows10, it rejects the Win7Premium key on my...
  8. WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsImageBackup: Sirs, Attached is the response to me trying to look at 'WindowsImageBackup' files on my external hard drive. Attached also 'Disc Management' screenshot. Any guidance would be appreciated please.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Extracting files from a BIN file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting files from a BIN file: I am using a USB thumb drive to update a Samsung soundbar. The Samsung download is a zip file. I have to extract that and copy to the thumb drive. I can extract the zip file which becomes a BIN file. That is still a compressed file and the soundbar won't read that. How do I...
  10. Restore from WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore from WindowsImageBackup: We have an iMac but I decided to use Bootcamp to partition to the hard drive as I really don't get on with Mac! Recently, I removed Bootcamp to increase the size of the partition. I have done this satisfactorily and have reinstalled Windows 10 on the Bootcamp partition....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Extract Individual Files from System Image Backup 100% free