Windows 10: Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device

Discus and support Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After seriously long waits I eventually see my fresh hard drive. I go ahead and attempt to install and find "No device drivers were found. Make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianTurnerWG, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device

After seriously long waits I eventually see my fresh hard drive. I go ahead and attempt to install and find "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK"

I opened every folder on the USB drive and attempted to load the drivers. NOTHING works.

Where do I find these drivers?

:)

BrianTurnerWG, Jul 24, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device

USB Connection showing "Fixed Disk" rather than "Removable Disk"

I re-installed Win10, and connected my GPS via USB, and the Win10 OS still categorizes the device as a "Local Fixed Disk". When connected to my Surface Pro3 running Win10, the GPS is categorized as a "Removable Device".

I then used the suggestions in Method 1 and Method 2, and the device drivers were installed in compatibility mode (Win7). Again, the Win10 environment sees the USB GPS device as a "Local Fixed Disc" rather than a "Removable Disk".

Why is it that my Win10 Surface Pro3 coming from Win8 sees the USB device as a removable disk and my Win10 desktop PC coming from Win7 defines it as a local fixed disk? I don't believe this is a Garmin problem.

artlindeman, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device

1. Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device - Similar Threads - Attempting install Win10

2. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting boot from usb device: So yesterday I tried to migrate windows from hdd to ssd, I entered bios to put ssd as the first in boot order,but when I tried rebooting it said:"system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" I tried everything I could removing the hard drive and trying to...
  3. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting boot from usb device: So yesterday I tried to migrate windows from hdd to ssd, I entered bios to put ssd as the first in boot order,but when I tried rebooting it said:"system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" I tried everything I could removing the hard drive and trying to...
  4. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install: hi guys, Just recently installed a TON of updates on a new laptop i just got, it runs perfectly but there's a bunch of files that apparently cannot be cleaned. some language resource files and windows update cleanup then some leftovers from recent installs, as per below: does...
  6. Fresh Windows Install from USB

Fresh Windows Install from USB: I have performed a refresh installation from 2 different USB drives and my HP Elitebook continously freezes on Just A Moment. Can some one please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-windows-install-from-usb/4e318321-4776-48e2-923d-39db72bfb940
  7. Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB (refuses to work)

Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB (refuses to work): Hey there, I'm attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home on an HP 64 laptop from a USB, I've used this same USB for a clean install on two other computers (within the last 3 days) without any issue. I've attempted all the ways to prompt the install that I know how...
  8. Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB refuses to work0

Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB refuses to work0: Hey there, I'm attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home on an HP 64 laptop from a USB, I've used this same USB for a clean install on two other computers within the last 3 days without any issue. I've attempted all the ways to prompt the install that I know how...
  9. Installing Win10 from USB while Win10 already installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from USB while Win10 already installed?: I reformatted my brand new laptop using an old version of Win10 I had on a USB. However after doing this I ran into an issue with Windows updates not working. After some searching I found that I needed a newer build of the Win10 bootable USB. I ran the Win10 installer from...
  10. Unable to install Win10 from Usb device (fixed)

Unable to install Win10 from Usb device (fixed): I recently bought a preloaded Windows 10 USB drive from Walmart, and plugged it into my new computer, and It boots, but won't install. I get to the part where you need to select the driver to install. When i opened "browse", and click the USB that Windows is on, I get an...