Windows 10: Attn. Devs: Sysinternals had some major updates

Discus and support Attn. Devs: Sysinternals had some major updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sysinternals Suite and Sysinternals Suite for Nano Server By Mark Russinovich Updated: Feb 13, 2018 Change Log: Windows Sysinternals:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Attn. Devs: Sysinternals had some major updates

Sysinternals Suite
    and
    Sysinternals Suite for Nano Server

By Mark Russinovich
    Updated: Feb 13, 2018

Change Log: Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

Autoruns v13.82
    This Autoruns release shows Onenote addins and fixes several bugs.

Process Monitor v3.50
    Process Monitor now includes a /runtime switch to control headless capture duration, correctly shows picoprocesses, displays details for file system APIs introduced in Windows 10, and includes numerous minor improvements and bug fixes.

Sysmon v7.0
    Sysmon now logs file version information, and the option to dump the configuration schema adds the ability to dump an older schema or dump all historical schemas.

:)

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015

2. N9 consumer support until ?

You are correct, there are some things that cannot be fixed because the code has not been released. only partially.

the n9 was not a dev device, the n900 and the n950 were the dev devices. this was a consumer device.

you have to remember, it was discontinued already, and try to compare fairly the support you would get from buying a device on android and its updates and issues, and even iOS where they may send "some" updates, but it usualy requires a completely new device
    to be launched before they fix anything major.

hth

ceroberts75, Oct 27, 2015
  3. problems while playing videos on windows 10

Yes, it feels slower and explorer.exe crashes frequently.

I started to review all startup programs with
    AutoRuns
    from Sysinternals Suite. Disabled all that were not Microsoft and reactivated them one after the other. I had some programs not transferred during the update, but still had an autostart entry.

Win10 has stabilized since and some things are still deactivated.

Smalmonkey, Oct 27, 2015
  4. Voyager 1 Win User

Thanks for the links.

I'm running Win 7 and have used several of the Sysinternals tools a few years.

Are the Sysinternals tools running ok on Win 10? I'm thinking about upgrading to 10 soon and read somewhere else that Sysinternals tools used a lot of memory and were problematic (I'm being diplomatic characterizing the quote I read *chuckle).

Since I've not experienced any Sysinternals issues with Win 7x64 Home Premium OEM, I was wondering how the Win 10 users' experiences have been with the tools.

Voyager 1, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    New updates to 5 items, see first post.

Cliff S, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome. Usually the individual parts will be updated as it goes, but when enough are there, then they post a change log for the complete Suite.

Cliff S, Jan 8, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    New update see first post.

Cliff S, Feb 2, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

New update, 3 items for April 28, 2016
    see first post.

Cliff S, Apr 29, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 30, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I have never seen them before, looks interesting.
    Usually I just check the site, a few time a month.
    Maybe I'll give each a shot(of course one at a time).
    Thanks for the info*Thumbs

The tools in Sysinternals don't have any eye candy, but therefore they are fast and specialized.
    My latest "toy" has been TCPView with integrated "Whois".

An example is File Explorer:
    (I'm guessing because of Windows Search & Cortana)

Attn. Devs: Sysinternals had some major updates [​IMG]

The Whois:

Code: Domain ID: 4569290_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.markmonitor.com Registrar URL: MarkMonitor - Clarivate Analytics | Brand Protection, Domain Management, Anti Piracy, Anti Fraud Updated Date: 2014-10-15T04:00:14-0700 Creation Date: 1994-11-09T21:00:00-0800 Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2022-06-04T09:44:29-0700 Registrar: MarkMonitor, Inc. Registrar IANA ID: 292 Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abusecomplaints@markmonitor.com Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.2083895740 Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited (EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN) Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited (EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN) Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited) Domain Status: serverUpdateProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#serverUpdateProhibited) Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#serverTransferProhibited) Domain Status: serverDeleteProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#serverDeleteProhibited) Registry Registrant ID: Registrant Name: Domain Administrator Registrant Organization: Microsoft Corporation Registrant Street: One Microsoft Way, Registrant City: Redmond Registrant State/Province: WA Registrant Postal Code: 98052 Registrant Country: US Registrant Phone: +1.4258828080 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +1.4259367329 Registrant Fax Ext: Registrant Email: domains@microsoft.com Registry Admin ID: Admin Name: Domain Administrator Admin Organization: Microsoft Corporation Admin Street: One Microsoft Way, Admin City: Redmond Admin State/Province: WA Admin Postal Code: 98052 Admin Country: US Admin Phone: +1.4258828080 Admin Phone Ext:[/quote]

Cliff S, Apr 30, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    New updates to 24 items for July 4, 2016,
    see first post.

Cliff S, Jul 9, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Defrag Tools #164 - Sysinternals for Nano Server - Mark Russinovich | Defrag Tools | Channel 9

Cliff S, Jul 13, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

New updates to 3 items for July 29, 2016,
    see first post.

Cliff S, Aug 1, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    New updates to 4 items for August 29, 2016,
    see first post.

Cliff S, Sep 3, 2016
  15. lx07 Win User
    There is a undocumented change in SDelete in this version.

Previously to write zeros to free space you would enter SDelete -z and it would zero the current drive.

You now have to specify a drive (SDelete -z c: for example)

I only mention it as it isn't mentioned in the help and if you run VMs it saves you a lot of space if you run SDelete after cleaning up after an upgrade before you reduce the size of your vhd.

Thema:

1. Attn. Devs: Sysinternals had some major updates - Similar Threads - Attn Devs Sysinternals

2. ATTN: FOR DAVID-M

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATTN: FOR DAVID-M: Hello again, David-M;I posted this in "KB5026361 won't install" on Friday the 12th but, didn't get a reply so, I thought I would start a new thread."David-M;I am reaching out to you again as you patiently assisted me in getting this update to install.Let me explain the...
  3. ATTN: FOR DAVID-M

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATTN: FOR DAVID-M: Hello again, David-M;I posted this in "KB5026361 won't install" on Friday the 12th but, didn't get a reply so, I thought I would start a new thread."David-M;I am reaching out to you again as you patiently assisted me in getting this update to install.Let me explain the...
  4. ATTN: BILL SMITHERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATTN: BILL SMITHERS: In regards to your answer to the question I posted......Hi Bill.... thank you so very much for your help and response. I have a few questions.... so I wouldn't be able to use the recovery, the first option, because my system is not working at all correct? And that recovery is...
  5. ATTN: BILL SMITHERS

ATTN: BILL SMITHERS: In regards to your answer to the question I posted......Hi Bill.... thank you so very much for your help and response. I have a few questions.... so I wouldn't be able to use the recovery, the first option, because my system is not working at all correct? And that recovery is...
  6. MS update on 11/25 had cause major problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS update on 11/25 had cause major problem: Micro Soft did an update on 11/25. So my computer is lagging. Like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-update-on-1125-had-cause-major-problem/713b308e-f283-4d4c-a225-8ebf1b434f3f
  7. Need some major help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some major help: Hello, im having some big problems with my computer and I dont know why. At first i was concerned that it was just one application, but im beginning to think its my system as a whole, so thats why im here. My razer synapse fails to start every single time it tries. I fixed...
  8. Just had some major Win update prompted which I installed, and now my default sound is dead.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just had some major Win update prompted which I installed, and now my default sound is dead.: To be specific: The realtek default audio is non functional for speakers or headphones. (Realtek R) My inbuilt speakers in my screen for example work just fine if I select those from the list of sources. The update it installed just now is this one: Version 1909 My...
  9. Major update

in Cortana
    Major update: Has Microsoft deserted cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/major-update/1adf607f-5c1f-4834-bcad-7f6986a25bd8"
  10. Windows Sysinternals Utilities

Windows Sysinternals Utilities: Microsoft has released new versions of: Autoruns Autoruns 13.51 and Process Explorer Version 16.1 36498