Windows 10: ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost

Discus and support ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm hoping some registry experts here can help. I have lost my Cortana settings. When I click the settings icon (3rd from the top on the left in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gogreen, Sep 16, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost

I'm hoping some registry experts here can help. I have lost my Cortana settings. When I click the settings icon (3rd from the top on the left in the attached image), nothing happens. I may have become a bit overzealous in my attempts to disable Cortana, but now I have lost the options to turn it on and off. How do I get those settings back?

I compared the folders Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy on my desktop (where I'm experiencing this problem) and my laptop (where Cortana is working OK). Both folders are identical, so I'm thinking this is a registry issue.

Where are Cortana's registry settings? I'd like to try copying the laptop's settings to my desktop to see if that brings Cortana's settings back (with a system restore point created first).

:)

gogreen, Sep 16, 2015

2. Q9C Auto Completion

I have the same problem popping up randomly. I usually get it to work by going into the settings and changing to spanish, clicking done, power off, power on, go back to settings, change to english, power off, power on. Effectively, I'm rewriting the registry
    programmatically via the interface. It takes about 3 mins but beats the heck out of hacking your registry if you are not an expert. I'm supposed to be an expert and I try to stay out of the registry!

Greg Kowieski, Sep 16, 2015
  3. norcal618 Win User
    Cortana Broken after Anniversary Update

I am on the Education edition of Windows which apparently has lost Cortana by design. I wanted to try this registry tweek anyway and see if I could turn Cortana on. I don't see anything about Bing in the location suggested within my registry. I do see a
    few options pertaining to Cortana, but no Bing. Any ideas??

ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost [​IMG]

norcal618, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost

1. ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost - Similar Threads - ATTN Registry experts

2. ATTN: FOR DAVID-M

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATTN: FOR DAVID-M: Hello again, David-M;I posted this in "KB5026361 won't install" on Friday the 12th but, didn't get a reply so, I thought I would start a new thread."David-M;I am reaching out to you again as you patiently assisted me in getting this update to install.Let me explain the...
  3. ATTN: FOR DAVID-M

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATTN: FOR DAVID-M: Hello again, David-M;I posted this in "KB5026361 won't install" on Friday the 12th but, didn't get a reply so, I thought I would start a new thread."David-M;I am reaching out to you again as you patiently assisted me in getting this update to install.Let me explain the...
  4. ATTN: BILL SMITHERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATTN: BILL SMITHERS: In regards to your answer to the question I posted......Hi Bill.... thank you so very much for your help and response. I have a few questions.... so I wouldn't be able to use the recovery, the first option, because my system is not working at all correct? And that recovery is...
  5. ATTN: BILL SMITHERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATTN: BILL SMITHERS: In regards to your answer to the question I posted......Hi Bill.... thank you so very much for your help and response. I have a few questions.... so I wouldn't be able to use the recovery, the first option, because my system is not working at all correct? And that recovery is...
  6. Not an expert!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not an expert!: I have a HP laptop that is connected automatically to an unknown network. The unknown net work has set up parental controls. Laptop,phones, Ruku, Xbox , everything! I need help! I already did F11 restart and found my system32 in my x drive. Needless to say it didn’t work....
  7. Lost registry files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost registry files: I accidentally deleted the registry file HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search and everything under it and now I don't know how to get it back. my computer doesn't have any restore points on it and I even tried to factory reset the PC but it...
  8. Attn: Greg Carmack Best Settings for Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attn: Greg Carmack Best Settings for Windows 10 updates: Greg, (if this comes your way) earlier on when i got this new computer, i was asking about the Sound quality and its changing to lower bass sound when i updated the sound driver and i just couldn't get used to it, and since i was able to download a driver of Realtek to now...
  9. Cortana Lost

in Cortana
    Cortana Lost: I have lost cortana. How can I get it back? [Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-lost/5d1dd3a9-8752-411d-9829-cfa6bac56d72"
  10. Cortana registry setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana registry setting?: Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry? Thank you! 80773