Windows 10: AU downloaded but not installed

Discus and support AU downloaded but not installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bru, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

AU downloaded but not installed

It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511 but the AU still remains. A third computer did install the AU, the fourth is sitting idle so not sure what it will do when I turn it on.

I know I can install the AU manually but this seems like a messed up way to distribute it.

:)

2. Downloaded but not installed app

If you free some space, the app should show up in your app list and install.

I can suggest backing up photos and videos with your computer. That should give your phone a bit of breathing air.

DenisLepoivre, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Downloaded but not installed app

Ive downloaded a game (Asphalt 8) but it didnt get installed, because of lack of storage space. Now i believe the instalation file is in "other" section, where i cannot delete it and it takes up a lot of sapce. Can i do something about it?

AdrianSobolewski, Sep 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Maybe count yourself lucky you're not (yet!) in the situation of a failed AU upgrade with an unbootable PC, and no disk images...

Note the latest update to the AU - some 100's of Mbs- is stalling indefinitely during the download for many. Possibly sthg to look forward too... (fixes posted in related threads- which might be of help here).

Search for threads on KB3189866 incl. the News forum.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 15, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    @spunk - I believe bru is talking about the actual AU upgrade, not the latest large update to it.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AU downloaded but not installed - Similar Threads - downloaded installed

2. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  3. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  4. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  5. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  6. where can i download MSXML6.0 to install in Windows 2019 server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where can i download MSXML6.0 to install in Windows 2019 server: I have a requirement to install MSXML 6.0 on Windows server 2019, where can I download MSXML6.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-download-msxml60-to-install-in-windows/8ab7e5b6-00f1-489a-930e-d63130cdcdb9
  7. where can i download MSXML6.0 to install in Windows 2019 server

where can i download MSXML6.0 to install in Windows 2019 server: I have a requirement to install MSXML 6.0 on Windows server 2019, where can I download MSXML6.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-download-msxml60-to-install-in-windows/8ab7e5b6-00f1-489a-930e-d63130cdcdb9
  8. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  9. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  10. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update: On my Windows 10 laptop Windows 10 home version 10.0.10945 when windows update runs it keeps trying to download/install a Windows 11 version 22H2 update. How do I stop this?...