Windows 10: AU downloaded but not installed

Discus and support AU downloaded but not installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bru, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

AU downloaded but not installed

It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511 but the AU still remains. A third computer did install the AU, the fourth is sitting idle so not sure what it will do when I turn it on.

I know I can install the AU manually but this seems like a messed up way to distribute it.

:)

2. Downloaded but not installed app

If you free some space, the app should show up in your app list and install.

I can suggest backing up photos and videos with your computer. That should give your phone a bit of breathing air.

DenisLepoivre, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Downloaded but not installed app

Ive downloaded a game (Asphalt 8) but it didnt get installed, because of lack of storage space. Now i believe the instalation file is in "other" section, where i cannot delete it and it takes up a lot of sapce. Can i do something about it?

AdrianSobolewski, Sep 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Maybe count yourself lucky you're not (yet!) in the situation of a failed AU upgrade with an unbootable PC, and no disk images...

Note the latest update to the AU - some 100's of Mbs- is stalling indefinitely during the download for many. Possibly sthg to look forward too... (fixes posted in related threads- which might be of help here).

Search for threads on KB3189866 incl. the News forum.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 15, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    @spunk - I believe bru is talking about the actual AU upgrade, not the latest large update to it.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AU downloaded but not installed - Similar Threads - downloaded installed

2. download/install stopped in the middle

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    download/install stopped in the middle: Office install stopped in the middle about 50 percent done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloadinstall-stopped-in-the-middle/986d5ad6-2a9c-4f62-a205-88504464134c"
  3. Windows 10 Build 18362.476 is now available, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18362.476 is now available, download offline installers: Microsoft has started rolling out the Patch Tuesday cumulative updates for supported versions of Windows 10. Direct download links for Windows 10 KB4524570 offline installers are also available. The Patch Tuesday update comes with security-only fixes and you shouldn’t notice...
  4. what happens if 1903 is not "downloaded and installed"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what happens if 1903 is not "downloaded and installed"?: will 1903 be auto installed without user interaction at some point in time if the selected behavior is the default one? if it's not updated to 1903, will the computer keep getting other updates? until when?...
  5. How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog?: My H81 chipset is not on the list in this post. Windows Update MiniTool shows "pci\ven_8086&dev_8c3a" and "11.7.0.1040". I have downloaded the following from Microsoft Update Catalog. Intel - System - 7/18/2017 12:00:00 AM - 11.7.0.1040 Windows 10 and later drivers Drivers...
  6. Windows 10 1903 has downloaded but not installed using windows10upgrade

Windows 10 1903 has downloaded but not installed using windows10upgrade: Hi, i used the update assistant at https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028685 which downloaded Windows10Upgrade9252.exe and that created a dialog whch downloaded a windows10upgrade folder of 3.25GB. The dialog box disappeared when minimised, and now the update hasn't...
  7. unable to download and install latest windows updates

unable to download and install latest windows updates: i am unable to download quality updates and fixes my pc was last updated on 12 7 2019 after that each time i click on search for windows update it shows error code 0x80080005 ... i also talked to virtual agent of microsoft but i was not satisfied after 4 hrs of solutions done...
  8. Cant install apps from installers downloaded on the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant install apps from installers downloaded on the internet: This happened to my Discord installation and Visual Studio installation as well. When i try to open the installer it says "Installation has failed". The setup log is given below: 10180> 2019-10-25 03:29:04> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install . 10180>...
  9. installing a previously downloaded version of Windows 10

installing a previously downloaded version of Windows 10: I downloaded Windows 10 to a pc in 2016 or 17 (don't remember which) but did not install at the time as was happier with Windows 8.1. Can i now install this still for free on the pc?...
  10. Windows Update downloads KB4522355 again even I've already download and install that update...

Windows Update downloads KB4522355 again even I've already download and install that update...: I'd sucessfully downloaded and installed KB4522355 for Windows 10 version 1903. I've got that update as a standalone update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website. When I click "Check for updates" in the Windows Update page on the Settings app, why Windows Update...