Windows 10: AU downloaded but not installed

Discus and support AU downloaded but not installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bru, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

AU downloaded but not installed

It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511 but the AU still remains. A third computer did install the AU, the fourth is sitting idle so not sure what it will do when I turn it on.

I know I can install the AU manually but this seems like a messed up way to distribute it.

:)

2. Downloaded but not installed app

If you free some space, the app should show up in your app list and install.

I can suggest backing up photos and videos with your computer. That should give your phone a bit of breathing air.

DenisLepoivre, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Downloaded but not installed app

Ive downloaded a game (Asphalt 8) but it didnt get installed, because of lack of storage space. Now i believe the instalation file is in "other" section, where i cannot delete it and it takes up a lot of sapce. Can i do something about it?

AdrianSobolewski, Sep 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Maybe count yourself lucky you're not (yet!) in the situation of a failed AU upgrade with an unbootable PC, and no disk images...

Note the latest update to the AU - some 100's of Mbs- is stalling indefinitely during the download for many. Possibly sthg to look forward too... (fixes posted in related threads- which might be of help here).

Search for threads on KB3189866 incl. the News forum.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 15, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    @spunk - I believe bru is talking about the actual AU upgrade, not the latest large update to it.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AU downloaded but not installed - Similar Threads - downloaded installed

2. Windows 10 64bit 22H2 will not install when is it going to be fixed all it downloads are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64bit 22H2 will not install when is it going to be fixed all it downloads are...: Every time I go to install the latest update for 22H2 it errors out and does not install only security updates we know it’s a Microsoft problem so fix it is that so hard to do there are post everywhere about this update that it does not install ever complete FAIL. I even did...
  3. Windows 10 64bit 22H2 will not install when is it going to be fixed all it downloads are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 64bit 22H2 will not install when is it going to be fixed all it downloads are...: Every time I go to install the latest update for 22H2 it errors out and does not install only security updates we know it’s a Microsoft problem so fix it is that so hard to do there are post everywhere about this update that it does not install ever complete FAIL. I even did...
  4. Windows 10 64bit 22H2 will not install when is it going to be fixed all it downloads are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recently built my pc downloaded windows 11 but it never installed my network adapter for my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently built my pc downloaded windows 11 but it never installed my network adapter for my...: Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-built-my-pc-downloaded-windows-11-but-it/e504facd-e881-4b3a-bcfa-d5e227450fba
  6. Recently built my pc downloaded windows 11 but it never installed my network adapter for my...

Recently built my pc downloaded windows 11 but it never installed my network adapter for my...: Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-built-my-pc-downloaded-windows-11-but-it/e504facd-e881-4b3a-bcfa-d5e227450fba
  7. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....
  8. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....
  9. need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7: I'm looking to upgrade my toshiba satellite M305-S4848 from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Can anyone help me achieve this please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-windows-7-upgrade-advisor-and-a/4f6337c3-2803-4448-92d7-17b34eb3c618
  10. need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7

need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7: I'm looking to upgrade my toshiba satellite M305-S4848 from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Can anyone help me achieve this please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-windows-7-upgrade-advisor-and-a/4f6337c3-2803-4448-92d7-17b34eb3c618