Windows 10: AU Installed Duplicate Monitor

Discus and support AU Installed Duplicate Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since installing the AU I’ve noticed an ongoing issue with the speakers in my monitor. I have a Dell U3425W that uses a miniDisplayPort. I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoFine409, Aug 11, 2016.

1. SoFine409 Win User

AU Installed Duplicate Monitor

Since installing the AU I’ve noticed an ongoing issue with the speakers in my monitor. I have a Dell U3425W that uses a miniDisplayPort. I have no sound devices other than the speakers that are built into the monitor. Every few days I notice that there is no sound playing through the monitor’s speakers (the windows start melody) and there is a no sound icon in the notification tray.

AU Installed Duplicate Monitor [​IMG]

When I click the sound notification icon the audio trouble shooter runs and after a few seconds I’m given the option to apply the fix then to reboot. The sound is fixed but after a few more reboots the problem repeats. What's going on?

I took a look at Device Manager and everything looked OK. I decided to take another look at Device Manager and set it to show hidden devices and scan for hardware changes and I found a second Dell monitor that is not connected to the computer. I suspect that the AU process somehow incorrectly installed a second monitor and that this was at the root of these ongoing sound issues.

AU Installed Duplicate Monitor [​IMG]

When I deleted the second monitor that was not connected the sound problem went away.

:)

SoFine409, Aug 11, 2016

2. dual monitors

I have a laptop with one hdmi out and I have 2 monitors how can I connect them so the 2 monitors aren't duplicated I tried extending them but it only extends the laptop screen and the first monitor then It duplicates to the second monitor????

justincoury, Aug 11, 2016
  3. I am unable to duplicate my second monitor with Windows 10

I am unable to duplicate my second monitor with Windows 10. It has the option to Extend and that works but it will not let me duplicate to my second monitor

ShaunnaTessen, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

AU Installed Duplicate Monitor

1. AU Installed Duplicate Monitor - Similar Threads - Installed Duplicate Monitor

2. Duplicate Monitors - Disconnection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Monitors - Disconnection: Morning.I work in local educational establishment. We’ve had several reports of staff members having problems by where their iViewBaords are either being disconnected or the display options changed from Duplicate to Extended/Disconnected. This has also occurred on Promethean...
  3. Duplicate Monitors - Disconnection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Monitors - Disconnection: Morning.I work in local educational establishment. We’ve had several reports of staff members having problems by where their iViewBaords are either being disconnected or the display options changed from Duplicate to Extended/Disconnected. This has also occurred on Promethean...
  4. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  5. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  6. Multiple Monitors Duplicate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple Monitors Duplicate: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.844 On Dell Laptop with Dell Docking Station. Two Monitors using HDMI input, one from laptop and 2nd one from Docking Station. When I select DUPLICATE on 2 and 3 it only Duplicates on 2 and on 3 it Extends. [img] 175399
  7. Duplicate monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate monitor display: 1. Since recently being upgrade to WIN 10 1803 I am unable to show both monitor screens. What are the steps to getting both monitors to show? 2. I was also at a user's screen and tried to get the mouse cursor to go forward to one monitor to the other without the cursor...
  8. AU downloaded but not installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AU downloaded but not installed: It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511 but the AU still remains. A third computer did install the AU, the fourth is sitting idle so not sure what it will do when I...
  9. Unable to install AU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install AU: Well this has got me stumped. I am trying to clean install 10 pro 1607 on a lenovo amd10 z50-75. I am installing as uefi, using usb flash drive created with iso from media creation tool. Everything goes fine and get to the oobe selection and I select all the stuff...
  10. Install AU on unsupported laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Install AU on unsupported laptop: Hi, all, My father has an older Acer laptop that he purchased over 3 years ago. It came running Win8. When the WinX upgrades were freely offered, I had him upgrade to WinX. However, he says that recently it keeps trying to install an update and will freeze up with the...