Windows 10: AU only updating Windows products; AV listed Canon updates too

Discus and support AU only updating Windows products; AV listed Canon updates too in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all. My AV software warns me when my system isn't up to date and so today when I looked, it offered two windows [critical I think] and one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rox, Oct 30, 2015.

1. ROX
    Rox Win User

AU only updating Windows products; AV listed Canon updates too

Hello all.

My AV software warns me when my system isn't up to date and so today when I looked, it offered two windows [critical I think] and one canon, being my printer [recommended]. When I activated the AU facility, it only offered the two windows updates.

How can I 'tell it' to update with the recommended products also?

Thanks.

:)

2. Rox!Win7 Win User

Why does WAU only update its own products?

Hello. My AV [ESET Smart Security] lets me know when there are updates available. This past week it listed two Microsoft updates as critical, but also a recommended update for my Canon printer. When I click the update link in my AV gui,
    it takes me straight to WAU facility but the only updates listed were the two Microsoft critical updates!

In Win 7, I had the option of selecting recommended updates because they applied to say my monitor or even my printer and i think also my external backup drive. Those I would install but others I could even hide!

Please give me back my choices Microsoft! Why would you have it available in an earlier version but then remove it from your latest and greatest?!?!

If members of this forum's brains trust has any ideas or tweaks or clues, please, please, please, I beg you, share them with me. it's a mammoth task checking and updating each and every non-Microsoft product.

Thanks kindly

RoX

Rox!Win7, Oct 30, 2015
  3. How to install recommended updates in Windows 10?

As noted, this will install recommended updates only for Microsoft products. How to install recommended or optional updates for third party products, for example printer drivers? I'm notified by other products (ESET AV) that third party updates are available
    but Windows Update doesn't find and install these. I'm talking about drivers that are part of Windows, not drivers installed using third party installations. In Windows 7 these were updated by Windows Update in the Optional Updates tab.

Vashek Weis --ושק וייס, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

You can look in the control Panel to see if your apps were updated or in device manager under printers.

5. ROX
    Rox Win User
    Hi and thanks for your post. I had already checked and no they haven't been updated.

Why is there no facility [like there used to be] for users to select which updates are installed? My AV indicated 3 updates were available, but AU only installed the two Windows critical updates and not the updates for my printer!

Most annoying. They've taken control of my choices!!!

Srsly, it is annoying but I'm not nuts, okay?

Thanks again *Smile

Thema:

1. AU only updating Windows products; AV listed Canon updates too - Similar Threads - updating products listed

2. Defender AV Security Intelligence and Product Updates for Azure Virtual Desktops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender AV Security Intelligence and Product Updates for Azure Virtual Desktops.: I have persistent AVDs with Defender AV running in passive mode. I need to know what's the default method for Defender AV to receive Security Intelligence Updates and Product updates on these AVDs. Does it automatically reach out to the windows update servers to get updates,...
  3. Defender AV Security Intelligence and Product Updates for Azure Virtual Desktops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender AV Security Intelligence and Product Updates for Azure Virtual Desktops.: I have persistent AVDs with Defender AV running in passive mode. I need to know what's the default method for Defender AV to receive Security Intelligence Updates and Product updates on these AVDs. Does it automatically reach out to the windows update servers to get updates,...
  4. Update for canon printer on windows update keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update for canon printer on windows update keeps appearing: After 20H2 windows keep offering to install canon printer which 2018 version in windows update.. it's weird. please someone can help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-canon-printer-on-windows-update-keeps/be3bf2b1-ca7b-4a55-baa6-581091e9d861
  5. Botched updates of windows update in the list

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Botched updates of windows update in the list: I"m running Windows 10 -1809 - 64 bit on my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. I'm recently getting failed installation of windows update. Troubleshooting the windows update doesn't find any error, neither does sfc /scannow command in administrator command prompt. I also restarted my...
  6. AV Comparitives Updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AV Comparitives Updated: AV Comparatives has been updated for May 2016 [img] 8475
  7. bsod after au updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod after au updates: hi i cannot send dm_log-collector because of windows error [invalid file]. since the au updates this computer has been a problem. i would like you to see this file. is there another way? thank you 68783
  8. Windows 10 updated to AU itself?

Windows 10 updated to AU itself?: I did not expect this to happen. I didn't even sign up for the Insider Program and my OS suddenly updated. Is there anything to do so I could've avoided this? Will report some problems in softwares that I use in here. 64957
  9. Windows AU Update causing boot loop

Windows AU Update causing boot loop: Hi All, Having an issue updating a laptop. this is a laptop loaded with a custom image which i deploy via SCCM. The image is currently on build 1511, so the update im doing is from 1511 to 1607. The way im updating, is using the Windows 10 update tool:...
  10. Update from AU to FCU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from AU to FCU?: My desktop PC is running the AU (W10 Pro) since I have deferred updates. My laptop just upgraded to the FCU which I'm happy with. Is there any problem just letting my desktop PC upgrade straight from the AU to FCU (missing out the CU)? 96317