Windows 10: AU stays at 63% installed, no error msg's

Discus and support AU stays at 63% installed, no error msg's in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ...and then when I finally cold boot it as it does nothing but rotates the indicator it just returns to Windows at next boot and schedules a restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by deeaa, Aug 6, 2016.

1. deeaa Win User

AU stays at 63% installed, no error msg's

...and then when I finally cold boot it as it does nothing but rotates the indicator it just returns to Windows at next boot and schedules a restart for the update. And does it, and again remains indefinitely at 63% installed, no other errors or any info.

This is my main machine, clean installed early this summer, so far have had zero issues with updates succeeding.
    Any ideas where to troubleshoot would be welcome.

The machine is a recent i7 build, with a 256GB M.2 main drive (Samsung) and a couple of 120GB SSD drives for working etc. as well as two 1TB spinners and a 3TB spinner installed.

Other machines I tried to update (all on my home network:

i3 laptop updated to AU successfully;
    Core 2 desktop, success
    Core 2 desktop 2, success
    AMD FX desktop, success
    Atom tablet, success
    i5 laptop, won't find any updates via windowsupdate at all even manually
    Celeron laptop, same as above, doesn't see any available updates despite several tries

I suppose they may be making a new version of the AU later?

:)

deeaa, Aug 6, 2016

2. E63

I installed PC Suite version7.1.51.0 recently and also upgraded the s/w of my E 63. Since then the alert sound when the msg arrives has stopped coming. Have checked the settings in the 'general' profile too. Pls advise.

lalitcmathur, Aug 6, 2016
  3. shaz17 Win User
    E 63 - Message Counter

first of all, thanks a lot man for yr quick reply. i'll think abt e 71, actually the price is too high therefore i am going in for e-63.

can u tell me one more thing plz, like i have read in this forum also. is there really some problem regarding sending and receiving text msgs in e 63. and what is the max. no. of msgs it can store.

i am asking this coz i am an sms freak...

thanks in advance...

shaz17, Aug 6, 2016
  4. deeaa Win User

More info - checked that the system partition is fine on C drive as supposed to be, and ran sfc scan, no errors found. Installed and now running Avast! just to make sure it's also clean.

deeaa, Aug 6, 2016
  5. deeaa Win User
    OK the plot thickens. This time I ignored the AU reboot request and selected 'shut down and update' from the start menu.
    It updated *something* apparently and then restarted normally.

Checking the windows update again, it is now downloading the 1607 update again, or did already and is now preparing to install updates. Probably will soon want to restart and we'll see if it still hangs at 63%....I will report what happens. @32% installing now.

deeaa, Aug 6, 2016
  6. deeaa Win User
    Well, this time it managed to 93% and several more reboots before hanging. After cold boot it said reverting back to your old Windows installation.

Now I've removed pretty much everything I can, all programs that monitor network or anything like that...try number #7 coming up shortly (It reported version 1607 available and once again is preparing to install updates)...meanwhile the 2 last machines of mine still refuse to see any updates available.

deeaa, Aug 6, 2016
  7. deeaa Win User
    OK I'm back at the original 63% done and there it stays. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait for a possible fix to arrive.

deeaa, Aug 6, 2016
  8. bbinnard Win User

bbinnard, Aug 7, 2016
  9. deeaa Win User
    deeaa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AU stays at 63% installed, no error msg's - Similar Threads - stays 63% installed

2. Error msg "windows installer incorrectly installed" Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error msg "windows installer incorrectly installed" Windows 11.: I can't install any *.msi programs. Windows 11 error message states that the Windows installer program is incorrectly installed. I have tried most of the remedies but most of them pertain to old versions of Windows and the registry locations suggested are different in Windows...
  3. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown error msg: Dear All,Need your assistance here, refer to attached, I kept getting this message when I on the computer, cannot even install "adobe acrobat reader DC"Can you help please? Thank you very much...
  4. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown error msg: Dear All,Need your assistance here, refer to attached, I kept getting this message when I on the computer, cannot even install "adobe acrobat reader DC"Can you help please? Thank you very much...
  5. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Error msg.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error msg.: Had error msg. that my home computer was invaded accompanied by a terrible beeping sound. Requested I call a support number 855-523-5682. Is this a legitimate error or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-msg/88f7afd0-ef57-4e29-8a7c-aa5a0a1ca6d1"
  7. AU downloaded but not installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AU downloaded but not installed: It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511 but the AU still remains. A third computer did install the AU, the fourth is sitting idle so not sure what it will do when I...
  8. AU Installed Duplicate Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AU Installed Duplicate Monitor: Since installing the AU I’ve noticed an ongoing issue with the speakers in my monitor. I have a Dell U3425W that uses a miniDisplayPort. I have no sound devices other than the speakers that are built into the monitor. Every few days I notice that there is no sound playing...
  9. Unable to install AU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install AU: Well this has got me stumped. I am trying to clean install 10 pro 1607 on a lenovo amd10 z50-75. I am installing as uefi, using usb flash drive created with iso from media creation tool. Everything goes fine and get to the oobe selection and I select all the stuff...
  10. Install AU on unsupported laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Install AU on unsupported laptop: Hi, all, My father has an older Acer laptop that he purchased over 3 years ago. It came running Win8. When the WinX upgrades were freely offered, I had him upgrade to WinX. However, he says that recently it keeps trying to install an update and will freeze up with the...