Windows 10: Audible Manager and Windows 10, help transfering books to Sansa Clip

Discus and support Audible Manager and Windows 10, help transfering books to Sansa Clip in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All! My wife uses a Sandisk Sansa Clip mp3 player to listen to audio books from Amazons Audible. I was hoping that the new Audible Windows 10 app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cornishman, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Audible Manager and Windows 10, help transfering books to Sansa Clip

Hi All!
    My wife uses a Sandisk Sansa Clip mp3 player to listen to audio books from Amazons Audible.
    I was hoping that the new Audible Windows 10 app would let me transfer the audible books to her Sansa Clip, but it doesn't.
    The Windows app just downloads the books, which are very large files, to an obscure location on my SSD, and I am unable to change the download location or transfer them to her device.
    Because the Windows app is useless to me, I must use the old clunky piece of software called Audible Manager.
    When I open Audible Manager, I must open my library from the internet, but when I click on "my library" the program opens up Edge by default instead of Chrome, and because Chrome is running in the background I keep on getting errors.
    Anyone out there with the same problem that might know a simpler way of transferring books to her mp3 player?
    Thanks!

:)

Cornishman, Sep 27, 2015
  2. mikwag Win User

Nokia and Audible.co.uk stories

There is a lot of misunderstanding about this.

Firstly, Audible provide PC software - a download manager and a device manager, for those who download their books. Previously, with my other Nokia devices, the device manager transfers the books to your device (after the download manager has downloaded
    them from the internet). Audible only allow you to use up to 4 devices (I think) so this software also checks that you are only using 4 devices to listen to the books. It ALSO transferred the Audible Software to my previous Nokia phone, when I added the
    phone as a new device.

This all suggests to me that the Audible software for any Nokia device is unlikely to be available through the Ovi store, as the whole process is not a 'normal' app process. There is user login with your Audible software on the PC, checking of devices prior
    to loading the audiobooks, and, of course, the drm management on the phone itself.

On my N95 8GB the books were listened to using the Audible Player, which again, I think (if I remember correctly) was loaded onto the phone via the Audible Device Manager software. This checked my userid and password against the loaded books before playing
    them, I think.

So, we are in the hands of Audible to produce and release updated Device Manager Software for the PC that not only transfers the audiobooks to the phone, but also installs the necessary app. to listen to them.

Nokia is not able to do this, as Nokia does not, presumably, have their DRM algorithms.

Where Nokia SHOULD take some action is to get talking to Audible, to get Audible to support the new OS, as well as future OSs.

Having Audible as an offering is an important part of shifting the phones in the US. TomTom satnavs support Audible, so why Nokia phones can't goodness knows.

In addition, as the software was all present and working on S60, I can't see it being such a big job to upgrade it to Symbian^3/^4/Maemo.

I suspect that what we are seeing is in fact a typical and deliberate insular American strategy that WILL provide support for their own (Apple/Android) and leaves us Europeans out in the cold.

mikwag, Sep 27, 2015
  3. I got Windows 10 Anniversary edition w/o my knowledge.

<QP>

Please note that customers who have installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update on their PC will no longer be able to use the Mp3 player or downloaded songs. Windows 10 Anniversary Update removed the support for WMDRM tracks. This is the reason for the issue.
    Napster songs are all WMDRM protected songs.

Some of our customers already reported this issue. Microsoft removed the DRM and we cannot put it back.

We are working on a Windows 10 app that will instead allow download and offline playback.

In the meantime, to resolve this issue, we recommend you not to proceed with this Windows 10 Anniversary update.

If you have already installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, then please uninstall it as per the steps are given below:

Select Settings > Update and Security > Recovery and select the
    Go back option.

</QP>

Source:
    http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Did-Napster-break-up-with-the-Clip/td-p/356627

Of course they don't tell you how to stop Windows Update from installing Win10 1607 again, Good luck with that!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Audible Manager and Windows 10, help transfering books to Sansa Clip

Can you just use file explorer to transfer the files from the SSD to the Clip?

Kanata, Sep 27, 2015
  5. When I download a book using the Audible Windows 10 app, it puts the file in a temporary folder somewhere on my SSD and I can't even locate it. I can delete the file using the app, but I can't find its location. I've searched for it using a program called "Search Everything", the program see it, but when I try to locate it, I can't. I have ticked the "show hidden files" in explorer, but still can't find it.
    The search program finds it, and there seems to be 2 for some reason, but I can't get at it.

Audible Manager and Windows 10, help transfering books to Sansa Clip [​IMG]

Cornishman, Sep 27, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    Try looking in the Users > Public folder somewhere under Audible. Also the two files may just be because the book is so large that it splits into more than one file (that's just my guess).

Kanata, Sep 27, 2015
  7. jsawx Win User
    Hi, I found where files are stored by doing a search on "aax", after downloading a book, My files are stored at

C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Packages\AudibleInc.AudibleforWindowsPhone_xns73kv1ymhp2
    \AudibleInc.AudibleforWindowsPhone_10.2.8.0_x64__xns73kv1ymhp2\localstate\content

You won't be able to play these files on a mp3 player. You'll need a converter. I use M4VGear. Also OverDrive is a good player as it supports bookmarks so you can easily get back to the point were you were listening. OverDrive is aimed a using library audio books, but it will also play mp3's.

jsawx, Feb 15, 2016
  8. dsaphra Win User

For some reason my Windows 10 (Surface Book) laptop deleted my old shortcut but I eventually managed to find the path again:

This PC > Music > My Media > Overdrive

There are folders with long codes listed there. If you search through those (most will probably be empty) the MP3 audio files should be easy to spot.

dsaphra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audible Manager and Windows 10, help transfering books to Sansa Clip - Similar Threads - Audible Manager help

2. WIndows Mic Help. 2020 Barely Audible Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIndows Mic Help. 2020 Barely Audible Mic: Hi I am using a 3.5 mm jack to plug in a mic and headset combo to my desktop. I have a splitter coming out of the pc mic and speaker place that the headset and mic plug in to. The mic device is enabled on and in all areas and I can see the volume, when I test the Mic, showing...
  3. Sansa Clip 8Gb

Sansa Clip 8Gb: My Sansa mp3 player contains numerous files that were previously synched through Media Player may have been on another version of Windows -- I am now running Windows 10 version 10.0.18362. Now, when I view the player through Media Player, it recognizes that there is >5 Gb...
  4. open sansa clip zip on windows 10

open sansa clip zip on windows 10: I can download audiobooks onto my MP3 player without any problem but I can't find a way to open the player on the computer to manage the device. I've looked everywhere I can think of [though computer savy, i am not...] With Windows 7 a small window popped up when I connected...
  5. Cannot stream Audible books and windows update failure

Cannot stream Audible books and windows update failure: Everything was working fine until earlier this week. My Audible books will no long stream I get the message 'Cannot play this title. Error message 0xc00d36b2. The request in invalid in the current state' I've tried to google fixes but it's all gobbledegook to me. Any...
  6. Windows 10 Mail Audible Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Audible Notifications: D****ons? All I can find are options for popup windows and such visual notification settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-audible-notifications/85cd0608-5444-4965-9806-03977e26c210
  7. General Settings option is missing in Audible Download Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    General Settings option is missing in Audible Download Manager: I can't get my audible books to automatically download to iTunes. When I go to audible Download Mgr, I don't see General Settings. ***Original title: Download books to iTunes***...
  8. how to manage my address book on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to manage my address book on windows 10: I am getting more frustrated with each attempt trying to find my address book on Windows 10.. It desperately needs updating. Where or where is it hiding it on my PC? Never had the problem using earlier versions. Some help instructions tell me to use a down arrow in the left...
  9. Audible download manager and windows 10

Audible download manager and windows 10: Having issues with the new computer...Windows 10. Wanting to download books from my audible library, but cannot get the admhelper - audible download doovy - to open. Used to use windows media player on the old laptop with no issues but now am getting an error message of...
  10. Calibre E-book management

Calibre E-book management: Hi there This is a really GOOD free program for all those of you who use things like Kindles --- kindles etc more use than ever with increasing length of queues in Airports etc and mobile phone restrictions in some of these places too !!!. Calibre --it's FREE, works on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audible download manager windows 10

2. audible manager download windows 10

3. audible download manager

4. audible manager windows 10,
  5. audible windows download manager,
  6. audible manager software download for windows 10,
  7. audible manager update,
  8. windows 10 audible download,
  9. audible download manager for windows 10 pc,
  10. problems downloading audible manager,
  11. audible manager,