Windows 10: Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10)

Discus and support Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I know that there have been alot of posts about this issue, but I have tried everything. When I stream hd videos on (youtube, netflix or play any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AlexKurtz, Jun 8, 2016.

1. AlexKurtz Win User

Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10)

Hi, I know that there have been alot of posts about this issue, but I have tried everything. When I stream hd videos on (youtube, netflix or play any video games) my audio and sometimes video freeeze for 5 sec, and it happens around every 10 seconds, in addition sometimes the mouse also lags too and seems like the computer is about to freeze. This happened today after my computer got a blue screen of death (Kernel Security Failed Check). I have clean installed my graphic drivers, updated bios firmwear, check/updated my sound card, realtek audio device, I have tried everything but nothing seems to be working, I was wondering if I am forced to rma the laptop or would this issue be solved with a clean install or even better a fix that wouldnt cause me to do either of these things. In addition I have noticed that my graphics card had a big decrase in performance, specifically prior to today my card was getting 120fps solid on CSGO and LOL but now it only gets around 98 fps.

In addition I ran sfc /scannow for my harddrive and it said that Windows Resource Protection did not find any violations

Thank you for your help,

Alex

:)

AlexKurtz, Jun 8, 2016

2. Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10)

Hi Alex,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use System File Checker to repair damaged Windows files.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair damaged Windows files. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo key + X, select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Run the "sfc /scannow" command by copy/pasting it into the Command prompt (Admin) and hit
      Enter key.
    • Once it complete, try to install updates again to see if they work correctly.

For more information about the System File Checker tool, see
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Run check disk (chkdsk) on the passport hard disc
    and check if it helps.

Chkdsk: The Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot
    state. Proceed at your own risk.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    • You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).
    • Press Y key on the keyboard and press Enter key.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Method 3: For the issue with Google Chrome I suggest you to Uninstall and Reinstall the Chrome, then check if the issue persists or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 8, 2016
  3. AlexKurtz Win User

Hi, I know that there have been alot of posts about this issue, but I have tried everything. When I stream hd videos on (youtube, netflix or play any video games) my audio and sometimes video freeeze for 5 sec, and it happens around every 10 seconds. This
    happened today after my computer got a blue screen of death (Kernel Security Failed Check). I have clean installed my graphic drivers, updated bios firmwear, check/updated my sound card, realtek audio device, I have tried everything but nothing seems to be
    working, I was wondering if I am forced to rma the laptop or would this issue be solved with a clean install or even better a fix that wouldnt cause me to do either of these things. In addition most of the audio issues have been happening when I use chrome,
    it dosent happen as often on other applications. In addition I have noticed that my graphics card had a big decrase in performance, specifically prior to today my card was getting 120fps solid on CSGO and LOL but now it only gets around 98 fps

Edit: I have been using windows 10 for almost 6 months and this is the first day that I have been having this issue

My specs:

Processor: i7-5700HQ

RAM: 16 GB

Windows 10 x64

Graphics Card: Nvida 965M

Audio:

Razer Kraken 7.1 usb

realtek audio

Thank you for your time,

Alex

AlexKurtz, Jun 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Not sure if this is one of the things you have tried but lagging and freezes can sometimes happen if your Hard drive is turning off because of power management settings. Try turning this off by going into the Advanced power management settings:

Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10) [​IMG]

philc43, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Audio Video freezing

2. Bluetooth audio cuts out after pausing video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio cuts out after pausing video: My two bluetooth devices both have this problem.I try all ways I can find, I mean, all ways, but none of them are work.The device was working well on win10. Please fix it....
  3. Audio cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio cuts in and out: Audio has been having an issue way before build 22623.1037. It seems when Window has to load a program or do an activity. The audio cuts out and gets distorted while Windows 11 has to load something. Sometimes it does it when loading up a program like Steam or whatever, and...
  4. Audio cuts in and out

Audio cuts in and out: Audio has been having an issue way before build 22623.1037. It seems when Window has to load a program or do an activity. The audio cuts out and gets distorted while Windows 11 has to load something. Sometimes it does it when loading up a program like Steam or whatever, and...
  5. Bluetooth audio cuts out after pausing video

Bluetooth audio cuts out after pausing video: Whenever I pause a video and don't send any audio to my headphones, they pseudo-disconnect. The buttons for the volume don't work temporarily, and any audio I try playing doesn't come through. Whether I'm watching a video or just typing, as long as audio feeds through...
  6. Audio cutting out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cutting out: Hello all of a sudden my pc audio is cutting out and in windows that little sound meter stops and then finish’s playing audio.Need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-cutting-out/31dc5b88-d479-42ef-b509-d36d03d2dd96
  7. Audio cutting in an out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio cutting in an out: So basically my audio seems to be cutting in and out. I have tested the headset on other computers so I know it's not that. But the weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be happening when watching videos. Only when gaming or chatting. I have tried most basic things that I...
  8. Audio cutting in an out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cutting in an out: So basically my audio seems to be cutting in and out. I have tested the headset on other computers so I know it's not that. But the weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be happening when watching videos. Only when gaming or chatting. I have tried most basic things that I...
  9. videos freezing, lagging behind the audio and audio loops.

videos freezing, lagging behind the audio and audio loops.: after looking on my articles on this website to try and solve this problem. my videos freeze up constantly, the audio will loop back and this happens with all my apps Netflix, Movies & Tv, VLC it does this online videos are fine. I tried changing the advanced display settings...
  10. Audio Cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out: Hello, my name is Bryan, and i have been having some issues with my computer audio, the symptoms are: -Game Audio cutting out very commonly -Youtube/Internet Audio works fine -Any game audio on multiple platform having this problem -Ive check my audio driver and its up...