Windows 10: Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

Discus and support Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason, audio CD autoplay is not working with Winamp. I checked the "Launch Winamp for Audio CDs" box, but when I open it again, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ksio89, Dec 29, 2016.

1. ksio89 Win User

Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

For some reason, audio CD autoplay is not working with Winamp. I checked the "Launch Winamp for Audio CDs" box, but when I open it again, it's unchecked. I've checked the registry, and Winamp is already listed as an audio CD or enhanced audio CD handler, as you can see on the attached thumbnails. On Control Panel Autoplay menu, on dropdown lists for audio CD and Enhanced Audio CD, there is only "Play (Winamp), when it should be "Play Audio CD (Winamp)", like it is for the other media players.

I checked another PC and it has the same Winamp registry keys for (Enhanced) audio CD handler. However, the "Launch Winamp Audio CDs" box stays checked when I open Winamp again. On this PC, on (Enhanced) audio CD Autoplay dropdown lists, "Play Audio CD (Winamp)" option is shown, how it should be. I've already uninstalled Winamp, deleted all registry keys, and reinstalled it, but didn't have success.

Does anyone know what might be causing audio CD autoplay to not work with Winamp? I simply can't see what is causing this issue and how to solve it. Thanks in advance.

OS is Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 build 14393.576

:)

ksio89, Dec 29, 2016

2. How can I assign a media player to autoplay CDs?

How can I assign different media players to autoplay CDs/DVDs/Blurays?

I want Winamp to autoplay CDs when I insert them into the DVD drive, and I want PowerDVD to autoplay DVDs/Blurays when I insert DVDs/Blurays into the drive.

How can I do this?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

BetterToday, Dec 29, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10

Hi Devin,

Open Control Panel (click your Start Button, type control and hit Enter)

Go to Autoplay

Scroll down to Cd's - Audio CD

Choose 'Play Audio CD - Windows Media Player'

That's It!

DaveM121, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

If you go Settings, System, default apps what is listed as default Music player?

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, for what it's worth, my registry settings are very similar to your 2nd and 3rd screenshots; Autoplay, when inserting a CD launches Winamp is thus, as you might expect:

Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp [​IMG]

I noted with the one CD I tried, there was a failure to look up the disk on Gracenote (I haven't yet found a Winamp option to disable that).

Does autoplay work for you on that PC with any audio CDs? For example, if you set Audio CD to "Open folder to view files (File Explorer)", does that happen?

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

1. Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp - Similar Threads - Audio Autoplay working

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. turn on CD autoplay?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn on CD autoplay?: turn on CD autoplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-cd-autoplay/ce087b30-f7d0-48cd-ac97-8c0ab561df4e
  4. Audio CD

Audio CD: Can I record songs on to the hard-drive to re-record them on another CD in a different order if so can you tell me the basic steps I have windows media player and win 10 Thank You!...
  5. Winamp Pro STILL working !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winamp Pro STILL working !!!: Hi folks Winamp PRO is still working perfectly on W10 release 1511 (I went back from 1607 because of other issues). This program wouldn't work properly on Win 8.1 [img] I like it especially for ripping Music as it connects to Gracenote - which for Classical music...
  6. Winamp

Winamp: Digging through my other data drive, I found my Winamp installer. Always loved kickin the Llamas ^%# *Cool [img] 5974
  7. Winamp working again !!!!

Winamp working again !!!!: Hi there I used to love this program --it failed on W8.1 with some sort of script error. Works on W10 build 10041 perfectly again. I know it's an OLD program but I really liked it and I haven't found anything nearly as good on modern apps (although VLC plays audio)....
  8. Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd

Windows 10 does not AutoPlay cd or dvd: In prior Windows, including 7 I was able to insert a cd or dvd in the drive close the door and the disk would automatically work. With Windows 10 it is like pulling teeth to get a dvd to play automatically. I have gone into settings > AutoPlay and selected Ask me everytime...
  9. autoplay cd in windows 10

autoplay cd in windows 10: Hi Like many others I am unable to get my laptop to autoplay cd or dvd discs when inserted. I am not offered the option to run the aurorun file. If I open file explorer I am able to open the files and use them, but if I insert the same disc in my desktop it offers me to...
  10. Winamp

in Windows 10 News
    Winamp: Winamp site is now closed. . .Good by old friend. . .*Thumbs 1418

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winamp disable audio cd