Windows 10: Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player.

Discus and support Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a screen of PowerDVD 17. Please help, thank you! [img] 90737 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ztartennery, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player.

This is a screen of PowerDVD 17. Please help, thank you!

Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player. [​IMG]

:)

ztartennery, Aug 6, 2017
  2. SHO17 Win User

Missing Track Titles in Windows 10 Media Player

I have a new Windows 10 setup and I have found that when I load an audio CD, the track titles show up as the generic Track 1, Track 2 etc. Track titles are all OK in the music library and when I rip the CD the titles remain Track 1, Track 2 etc.

[The same audio CD loads in Media Player on my old Windows 7 setup with Track Titles correctly decoded and i can rip it with titles correctly displayed.]

I have tried resetting Windows Media Player and clearing the library cache without success. This supposed to just work but I have run out of ideas. Is there a hidden setting that I have to adjust or is there some new Codec that I have to load???

SHO17, Aug 6, 2017
  3. mccbleue Win User
    6300 - renaming albums from "unknown" in the music library

The information shown in the music player are not related to the filename, it is an integral part of the music file. They key is to ensure the titles are correct at the ripping stage - if your ripped using Music Manager in PC Suite, make sure that you have
    the Gracenotes option selected:

Options>Settings>General, tick the box for "Automatically query CD information from Gracenotes music recognition service when a CD is inserted"

This will ensure that all tracks that you convert have the correct information in.

mccbleue, Aug 6, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player.

Does the CD actually have the titles written on the CD (even some commercial audio CD's do not have titles). Do the titles show up on another media player? I have a recording studio and do a lot of CD burning. I burn audio CD's with the titles. Windows Media Player does not show the title, I don't know about other media players as that is what I use. However, I can play the same CD in my car stereo and the titles show up, as that CD player has the capability to display the CD Title and track song titles.

I use "Audiograbber" to rip audio CD's. It does not recognize titles, just rips as "track 01", "track 02", etc.

fireberd, Aug 6, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Some of the CDs I Rip using Windows Media Player will not show the song titles. I usually Rip as .mp3 format for use in other players. Most of the commercial discs do show the song name but looking in File Explorer shows only the .cda files which are only pointers to the actual recordings. The basic is just that Windows Media Player does quite well for me with music CDs but that works depending upon how the discs were written, their origin. I have had occasion where WMP would go out to the Internet and pick up the images and song titles.

Berton, Aug 6, 2017
  6. All my Audio CDs don't show any title, therefore, the problems should be on my PC. The CDs is genuine bought from shops, not ripped.

ztartennery, Aug 6, 2017
  7. pyramid10 Win User
    The 'problem' is only for the 'ripper'. The music industry wouldn't just casually watch the ripping happen without putting up some obstacle, like having to rename these generically-named ripped files.

There is likely a proprietary algorithm to decode the titles encoded with the disc production. CD players would be manufactured with this decoding algorithm in place.

I don't see any monetary incentive to break down the algorithm and release it to the public, and have some programmer incorporate it into one's ripping software. An imbalanced risk/reward scenario.

pyramid10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player.

1. Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player. - Similar Threads - Audio track titles

2. My cd track names not showing up in cd players and cars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cd track names not showing up in cd players and cars: I have been trying to make a CD using my windows 11 laptop and every-time i copy my mp3 tracks to my windows media player burn page and burn the tracks none of the track information shows up in cars and media players and instead they show up as track 1,2,3 and so on. The...
  3. My cd track names not showing up in cd players and cars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cd track names not showing up in cd players and cars: I have been trying to make a CD using my windows 11 laptop and every-time i copy my mp3 tracks to my windows media player burn page and burn the tracks none of the track information shows up in cars and media players and instead they show up as track 1,2,3 and so on. The...
  4. Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File...: When I insert an Audio CD in the DVD Drive, windows opens the contents in the File Explorer view. Windows Media Player does not recognize the CD as an audio CD - hence the audio CD can not be played nor ripped to the hard disk.Need a solution....
  5. The Track Titles Changed in Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Track Titles Changed in Media Player: Hello I am ripping some Stuart McClean cd's to my computer so I can listen to them on my phone. I loaded all of the disks and it went smoothly except for the second disk. When I opened Media Player, it showed the track titles in a different text see attached picture. What...
  6. CD player will not burn music on to CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD player will not burn music on to CD: I have recently had my CD/DVD drive replaced. It shows that it is working properly. I can play a DVD or CD with music or video on the CD/DVD Drive. When using the Windows Media program, I can not burn music on to a CD. This statement pops up: Windows Media Player cannot...
  7. Groove and Media Player not playing music / not recognising audio formats M-Audio M-Track...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove and Media Player not playing music / not recognising audio formats M-Audio M-Track...: Posted on 25 Dec 2019 Device: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd0xxx OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 10.0.18363 BACKGROUND: Purchased brand new laptop on 24 Dec 2019. It came with Windows 10 Home, and I upgraded it to Pro on the same day via Win10's settings Start ->...
  8. Groove Music audio cd

Groove Music audio cd: Почему Groove Music не видит audio cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-audio-cd/2b2e8673-1474-47e2-9f97-ea057be13686
  9. music track

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    music track: am I wasting my time,.??.second attempt..HAVE DOWNLOADED MUSIC TRACK FROM ''FRIARS POINT''..called ''BOOM BOOM BOOM''..you've answered..!!...HOW DO I OPEN ANSWERE'S..to get to the PROBLEM..? (( am unable to find this track on my PC??.)) were do I look for...
  10. WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art

WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art: I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.125 and WMP 12.0.16299.64. I've noticed recently Windows Media Player 12 is unable to detect the title, track names, or album art of newer audio CDs. When I do "Find album info" it doesn't find them either. A couple...