Windows 10: Audio coming through on only one channel

Discus and support Audio coming through on only one channel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello - trying to edit a video but the sound is only coming out from one channel and we need a 2 channel situation. Can anyone help? Thanks. -Carol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolRagsdale, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Audio coming through on only one channel

Hello - trying to edit a video but the sound is only coming out from one channel and we need a 2 channel situation. Can anyone help? Thanks. -Carol

:)

CarolRagsdale, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Apps : Photo, Movie and Windows Movie Player does not allow 2 channel audio tracks in videos

Hi Abielo,

To better assist you about Windows 10 Apps : Photo, Movie and Windows Movie Player does not allow 2 channel audio tracks in videos, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any respond is highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Aug 16, 2018
  4. polancox Win User

Audio coming through on only one channel

Audio channel cutout

Today, I experienced a very bizarre issue.

One of the audio channels cutout on my phone. The right channel to be exact. In addition, I do believe there was immense distortion output through that channel. Prior to the channel cutting out, my right ear started to ache as if I was playing the music
    too loudly, which I by no means was not.

Upon powering the phone off and back on, the audio channel resumed functionality. No the headphones weren't partially out. No the headphones aren't damaged. I used my other pair and the result was the same until I restarted the phone.

I do not believe it is a hardware issue, but a driver/bug issue. My phone is in mint condition, and has never been exposed to water, humidity, or drops.

I own a Lumia 1520 with the 8.1 developer preview release.

I sincerely urge any who represent/work for Microsoft to look into this issue as harm could result if indeed distortion/excess amplification of noise is present because of a driver/bug issue.

polancox, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Audio coming through on only one channel

1. Audio coming through on only one channel - Similar Threads - Audio coming through

2. Bluetooth audio only playing one channel in Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth audio only playing one channel in Windows PC: [IMG]Bluetooth audio lets users listen to music, watch videos, and make calls wirelessly. But recently, some users have reported that their Bluetooth audio devices only play one audio channel on their Windows PC. If you face this issue, fortunately, you can follow some simple...
  3. Audio in one channel only, for only one application...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio in one channel only, for only one application...: I am mystified: My best guess is that the problem is related to Windows option update KB5004296, a couple of weeks ago, because onset of problem coincided. I run Windows 10 Pro and audio through an EVGA NuAudio card, and I watch tv through the MediaPortal interface, through a...
  4. Windows Update Caused Audio to Only Come Through One Earphone

Windows Update Caused Audio to Only Come Through One Earphone: Hello all, After updating Windows today, I found the sound of all apps Discord, any browsers, video games only coming out of the right earphone. When I troubleshoot with playback tests it works in both headphones, just not in any app that actually matters. I have...
  5. Audio not coming through properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio not coming through properly: For some reason, all the listening devices I'm plugging in are severely reducing certain sounds. When I listen to a YouTube video, the voices are quiet as a whisper, and when I listen to a song, I only hear the harmonies and some of the instrumentals, with the other sounds...
  6. Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.

Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.: Sound only comes out of my Surface Book speakers and not through my headphones in the headphone jack. I have switched the headphones being used and restarted my computer multiple times, but nothing is helping. My PC detects that the headphones are plugged in, but still sound...
  7. Audio on only one channel

Audio on only one channel: Audio shows only one channel with sound and the other is greyed out. Please help. Windows 10 / Performance & system failures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-on-only-one-channel/76a5ed09-7837-41e4-b375-176c2fbcf214
  8. Audio on only one channel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio on only one channel: Audio shows only one channel with sound and the other is greyed out. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/audio-on-only-one-channel/76a5ed09-7837-41e4-b375-176c2fbcf214
  9. AUDIO on project is only on one channel

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO on project is only on one channel: Hello when working with my new video project, there is an issue with the audio only coming out of one speaker channel. Is this something with the hdmi? or windows 10? or ?... Any help would be appreciated. -Carol...
  10. Audio- No audio coming through earphones

Audio- No audio coming through earphones: I have recently built a PC and have installed the Realtek audio driver, but when I plug in earphones no audio comes out. I have checked the "disable front panel jack detection" box yet they still don't work. The earphones are detected in the sound control panel and are set...