Windows 10: Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

Discus and support Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem started on my original install of windows 10, about a year after buying my laptop. The audio would start popping and crackling. At first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jacob Roseberry, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

This problem started on my original install of windows 10, about a year after buying my laptop. The audio would start popping and crackling. At first in was only system sounds that would do this, but recently it started happening with everything. Then the audio started to really drag behind video playback, to the point that 10 seconds after starting a video, they were completely out of sync.

I recently reinstalled windows on a brand new SSD, and yet the problem persists.

My theory is that this has something to do with the Realtek audio drivers, but even after fresh installs from Microsoft, Realtek site, and other places, the problem is not solved. So maybe the drivers are inherently flawed? I do have Windows High Definition Audio Drivers installed, but I can't seem to use them; the device manager says the hardware for them is disconnected... (!?)

My other theory is that it has to do with a high latency issue that I have: using both DPC Latency Checker, and LatencyMon, it's obvious that I have extremely high latency issues. The main offenders seem to be ACPI.sys and some other system drivers, but disabling those doesn't seem to help, strangely. I went through most of the drivers, disabling and re-enabling them one by one, and could not find the solution.

I have everything I can think of up to date, including through Windows Update. My SSD and OS install are brand new, so that can't be the problem. I've tried disabling all the line-in devices to no avail. I've cleared the cache and site data on both my internet browsers. IDK what else to do.

Here's some system info:

Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue? 7a770a9e-5b0a-4190-8bf5-b99c1b04b63a?upload=true.png

:)

Jacob Roseberry, Aug 10, 2018

2. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

This problem started on my original install of windows 10, about a year after buying my laptop. The audio would start popping and crackling. At first in was only system sounds that would do this, but recently it started happening with everything. Then
    the audio started to really drag behind video playback, to the point that 10 seconds after starting a video, they were completely out of sync.

I recently reinstalled windows on a brand new SSD, and yet the problem persists.

My theory is that this has something to do with the Realtek audio drivers, but even after fresh installs from Microsoft, Realtek site, and other places, the problem is not solved. So maybe the drivers are inherently flawed? I do have Windows High Definition
    Audio Drivers installed, but I can't seem to use them; the device manager says the hardware for them is disconnected... (!?)

My other theory is that it has to do with a high latency issue that I have: using both DPC Latency Checker, and LatencyMon, it's obvious that I have extremely high latency issues. The main offenders seem to be ACPI.sys and some other system drivers, but
    disabling those doesn't seem to help, strangely. I went through most of the drivers, disabling and re-enabling them one by one, and could not find the solution.

I have everything I can think of up to date, including through Windows Update. My SSD and OS install are brand new, so that can't be the problem. I've tried disabling all the line-in devices to no avail. I've cleared the cache and site data on both my
    internet browsers. IDK what else to do.

Here's some system info:

Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue? 7a770a9e-5b0a-4190-8bf5-b99c1b04b63a?upload=true.png

Jacob Roseberry, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Dr Eden Win User
    Audio Crackling/Video Lag

Hi,

I have had terrible audio crackling, and cutting out the last two days, as well as video lag whenever the sound cuts out.

I believe the problem is ndsi.sys and wdf01000.sys causing massive DPC latency.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dr Eden, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

after windows update, audio lagged/crackling, high latency

Same problem here, started with last major Windows update. Audio popping and crackling, video starting to loose sync with audio. What happens is that according to LatencyMon, over time the 'interrupt to process latency' starts to rise. After an hour or so
    of having the machine turned on, I get audio problems. No long DPC execution times and no page faults tho. Problems seem related to DirectX.

What I've tried is, among other things:

- Update and reset BIOS

- Updated all drivers

- Tried different soundcards (disabling the onboard sound)

- Disabled power saving for the processor in BIOS and power plan

It's a faitrly new system, with a Ryzen 1700X, 16GB ram and a 1080Ti. It's a shame it is performing so badly at basic tasks since his update.

Any tips would be vvery welcome as this really is driving me nuts.

Julian van der Kraats, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

1. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue? - Similar Threads - Audio crackling lagging

2. High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops: Hello,I'm asking for help with my computer. I have audio pops and cracklings, with a small persistent background noise which really looks like interferencies I hear it louder when I move my mouse. I am using a headset wired with jack 3.5 cable, so I hear the interferences,...
  3. High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops: Hello,I'm asking for help with my computer. I have audio pops and cracklings, with a small persistent background noise which really looks like interferencies I hear it louder when I move my mouse. I am using a headset wired with jack 3.5 cable, so I hear the interferences,...
  4. High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag: Hello I have been having audio issues ever since I got a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen and a Shure SM7B + cloudlifter. It started off with crackling every couple minutes and then started getting worse and worse as time went on. I thought it mightve been a hardware thing...
  5. High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag: Hello I have been having audio issues ever since I got a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen and a Shure SM7B + cloudlifter. It started off with crackling every couple minutes and then started getting worse and worse as time went on. I thought it mightve been a hardware thing...
  6. DPC Latency Issues, Audio Popping and Crackling Horribly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Latency Issues, Audio Popping and Crackling Horribly: Hello. For about a week I have been experiencing glitchy, popping, crackling audio, This seems to mainly happen when streaming YouTube videos, Spotify, or any audio over internet while playing through my Focusrite Scarlett interface. When playing through headphones this...
  7. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  8. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  9. High DPC Latency storport.sys audio lag, pc lag, stutter

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC Latency storport.sys audio lag, pc lag, stutter: Hello Community, I need help. I have high Dpc Latency cause of the storport.sys driver. What can I do? My Specs are: Amd ryzen 5 1600 16gb ddr4 gtx 1060 6gb ram biostar amd 320 pro RoHs SSD 256gb 1 Tb HDD Here are some Stats: CONCLUSION...
  10. high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds)

high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds): Hi guys, Yesterday evening I was watching some youtube videos when suddenly the sound cut out. I turned the volume back up only to find there was a loud staticky crackling pop as the only audio output. Audio output is fine on headphones. I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 (with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop crackling and lag

2. crackling sound hdaudbus.sys

3. windows graphic lagging and audio crackling

4. arma 3 crackling sound,
  5. audio recently started crackling,
  6. windows 10 audio crackling in google chrome only,
  7. hdaudbus latency fix,
  8. latency issue windows 10 crackling,
  9. HDAudBus.sys kernels audio crackling