Windows 10: Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices

Discus and support Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time. Audio devices show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crazzzik, Oct 1, 2015.

1. crazzzik Win User

Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices

Hello everyone,

Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time.

Audio devices show up under Device Manager, but not under Playback/Recording Devices. Same for Realtek Sound Manager - it doesn't see the devices. I can install, delete and update drivers under Device manager but it doesn't make any difference. It is not a physical problem, tested on Linux live CD.

Solutions tried:
    -Installing various versions of HD Realtek Drivers (including windows update version)
    -Installing/Removing Realtek software.
    -Enabling/Disabling devices under Device Manager
    -Called spirits of ancestors. Seemed like it worked for a while, but ended up being a joke.
    -Did system restore to various dates.
    -Restarted in safe mode
    -Restarted various services such as Windows Audio, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, Plug'n'Pray, Power, etc.
    -Checked system, application and driver even logs.
    -Tried a couple of registry fixes. Angered spirits of ancestors. Turning gray..
    -Reinstalled chipset drivers
    -Rebooted about 30 times
    -Sound Device Troubleshooting finds no issues
    -Display Disabled Devices is enabled

I've been looking for a solution to this issue for about a week with no result.

:)

crazzzik, Oct 1, 2015
  2. Chris Bas Win User

No Sound After Window 10 Installation

Managed to restore sound as follows:

• Right-click on Volume tray icon to select Playback devices
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC as Default Device
    For some reason, USB Multimedia Audio Device disappeared as Playback device.

Chris Bas, Oct 1, 2015
  3. USB Audio Device showing in Device Manager but not in Playback Devices. Why?

Thank you for replying... I did try that... It did not work... My pc thinks that there is no issue...Thank you again and i hope you can solve my issue

StephanoNaressi, Oct 1, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

By what you have done, it suggests a Windows/sound corruption. Probably going to take a Windows reinstall. Sorry.

fireberd, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices - Similar Threads - Audio devices Device

2. No audio device in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio device in device manager: I bought a cheap Dell Optiplex desktop PC for my mum to watch Netflix on her TV, it has SSD and HDMI out, so I thought it'll do the job she needs it for. I bought it off ebay a couple of months ago, but was so busy working, I'm only just plugging it in now, so probably too...
  3. Audio Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  4. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. Audio Playback Device Missing

Audio Playback Device Missing: So today when I got onto my computer I noticed I had audio. I did the normal thing I usually do and check to see if I'm on the right playback device. But it wasn't there. Now I'm stuck, I've tried everything people have said to do like uninstalling/reinstall drivers, restart...
  8. Glitch with audio playback device

Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...
  9. No audio and no device pops up in playback devices

No audio and no device pops up in playback devices: Hi, So I'm on a windows ten PC and I was recently using Skullcandy headphones which broke so while I wait for my new ones to get here I was going to use regular earbuds, But when I plugged them in it gave me the popup saying you plugged something into the audio jack but no...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my audio card showing in device manager but not playback devices