Windows 10: Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?

Discus and support Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hopped on my computer today, expecting to just start playing a game. I wanted to try out my old speakers I had, so I plugged them in the back of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HerrDoktor15, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?

I hopped on my computer today, expecting to just start playing a game. I wanted to try out my old speakers I had, so I plugged them in the back of my computer. They didn't work, so I just plugged my headphones in, also in the back. I couldn't hear anything, though. I went to settings to see if the microphone was working, and sure enough, it was transmitting my voice. The computer even showed that sounds were playing, but I just couldn't hear them. I plugged the cords in the front of my computer, in the main ones, and the exact OPPOSITE happened! I could hear people fine on Discord, but no one could hear me. Settings said no sound was coming from my mic. I am so confused. I think it might be a settings problem I messed up, and that's why I posted it here.

:)

HerrDoktor15, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works? :)

GiancarlosGarza, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?

1. Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works? - Similar Threads - Audio doesn't transmit

2. PC audio is being transmitted through Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC audio is being transmitted through Microphone: All of my PC audio is being transmitted through my microphone, even when the mic isturned off or unplugged. Below is a picture showing how the audio plays through both the headphones and the microphone. Please note that my microphone was turned off in this picture, and it was...
  3. [Your Phone] not transmitting call audio nor registering microphone audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Your Phone] not transmitting call audio nor registering microphone audio: What do I do? I can't find the audio settings for your phone anywhere. submitted by /u/diego_war [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihsxqe/your_phone_not_transmitting_call_audio_nor/
  4. Microphone transmits sounds?

Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?
  5. No audio and microphone doesn't work either

No audio and microphone doesn't work either: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Spectre x360. My audio driver is the Realtek. Over the past month or so the internal microphone and speakers in my laptop have not been working. Sometimes they work for 5-10 minutes in the morning after I hadn't been on it in a while. After...
  6. Microphone doesn't work but audio does

Microphone doesn't work but audio does: I've had a Rode NT1 microphone condenser and a Rode AI-1 interface. The Rode AI-1 has a headphone jack which I use for my headphones and they work fine but just recently my microphone has stop being detected by my computer. The microphone still works because I can use the...
  7. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...
  8. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...
  9. Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.

Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for a week now, and it is very frustrating. When I go to the Windows 'Sounds' tab, then "Playback". It says that my headset (Logitech G231) is plugged in and working. Then when I go to the 'Recording' tab, it says: "Not plugged in"....
  10. Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager

Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager: When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and then go to recording devices to make sure that it is working when i see that it isnt, i messed with all of the settings and found...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic works but my audio doeswnt

2. mic works but audio doesnt

3. my microphone works but my audio doesnt