Windows 10: Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

Discus and support Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Tried restarting both services relating to Audio as well and no luck. I can't even access Sound via Control Panel. There's a red x over the speaker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by invictus, Jul 31, 2015.

1. invictus Win User

Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

Tried restarting both services relating to Audio as well and no luck. I can't even access Sound via Control Panel. There's a red x over the speaker icon in my taskbar. Can't even use my microphone. This issue wasn't present until I installed Windows 10.

I try restarting the services and get "Error: 1061"

Help is much appreciated.

:)

invictus, Jul 31, 2015
  2. JacobCZR Win User

Sound sometimes doesn't work

I don't see a section for "My audio doesn't work intermittently ever since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10" but thanks for trying!

JacobCZR, Jul 31, 2015
  3. yash hada Win User
    audio driver dosn't work properly

when I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 in dell desktop . now the audio driver doesn't work .troubleshoot couldn't identify the problem

yash hada, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

Check the manufacturer's site of your motherboard or laptop for new Win10 audio drivers.

John Pombrio, Jul 31, 2015
  5. invictus Win User
    I got it working. I'm not sure what happened but it's fixed now.

invictus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

1. Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7 - Similar Threads - Audio doesn't Upgrading

2. Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10: I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Realtek sound output isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-sound-not-working-after-upgrade-from/398a0cee-0241-4bfe-a0ca-7a90e7464c28
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7... no audio

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7... no audio: I'm sure this has been brought up a million times before, since I feel like I've poured through all of those threads looking for an answer. But here I am so you can guess how much success I had... I built this computer myself so if there is a specific question on a part,...
  4. audio not working after upgrade to windows 10

audio not working after upgrade to windows 10: audio not working after upgrade to windows 10 and i am using HP ENVY 27 All in one desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/cdaabc80-5a9f-4439-9faa-272da4112a0d
  5. ei.cfg doesn't work for upgrade in place from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ei.cfg doesn't work for upgrade in place from Windows 7: Hi all, been beating my head against the wall for 3 days on this. This is one of two Windows 10 upgrade problems that I have. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 that came pre-installed with Windows 10 and the key embedded in the Bios. Specifically, ShowKey Plus Releases ....
  6. Upgrade doesn't work from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade doesn't work from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise: Hello everyone, As the topic states, for weeks i'm struggling to upgrade my Windows 7 Enterprise PC to Windows 10 Enterprise PC. I have tried almost every image that exists, from VLSC(Volume Licensing Service Center), official Microsoft ISO image, FileHippo, Rufus and many...
  7. Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7: HI All, i working as IT Manager for Hospitality group, i had few computers (7) got update issue with windows 7 so i have restore them from the image then i have upgrade them using the upgrade DVD to win 10, but all of them did not get activated, in the other side i have...
  8. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  9. Password from windows 7 doesn't work on 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password from windows 7 doesn't work on 10: I have a password that contained ctrl+backspace in the series, but when I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 that character was no longer supported. I can not log in or change my password now. Any idea how to either revert back to 7 to change it, or change it on 10 without...
  10. Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7: I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works...