Windows 10: Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer

Discus and support Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It does not make any difference if it is in Windows Player 12 or when I listen to Audio in Youtube. It is more of an annoyance than an inconvenience. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 1ThursdayJC, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer

It does not make any difference if it is in Windows Player 12 or when I listen to Audio in Youtube. It is more of an annoyance than an inconvenience. I have a HP Pavilion Series G7-1260Us. I know a dinosaur. 4gb Ram 640 Drive C Hard drive. Intel Core I-3@ 2330 CPU @ 2.20Ghz.

I do a lot of file swapping from one drive to another. I like listening to my digital music and or audio/videos from Youtube. Ever blasted time I move a file from one drive to another audio is dropped for about 2-3 seconds. I went to admin tools today to see if there was a Critical Error or an Event Notated in Event Viewer. Nothing was listed.

BTW it takes at least two to three minutes just to load Admin Tools. Is this normal?

If anybody could out to me where the conflicts is/are I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

:)

1ThursdayJC, Apr 30, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Apr 30, 2018
  3. How to move favorites around in Edge

Thanks Stu,

There's something that needs to be added.

FIRST PROBLEM

Moving the favorites from folder to folder, or into a folder doesn't appear like it normally does. I think this is the source of one of the problems:

1. Moving favorites to and from folders doesn't appear the same as when moving files around in Windows Explorer.

2. When clicking and dragging a file into a folder in Windows Explorer, the folder highlights to show you the file will be dropped into that folder.

3. When dragging a favorite into a folder, it does not highlight the folder. The folder seems to move out of the way. As long as the favorite is over the folder, it will drop it in that folder.

SECOND PROBLEM

If you added something to the Favorites Bar and want to move it out, you cannot drag it to a folder: There are no folders visible to drag it into when you open the Favorites Bar folder. The solution is really quite simple:

1. Open the Favorites Bar Folder in the location explained by Stu above.

2. Click and drag the favorite you want out of the Favorites Bar over where it says "<< Favorites >" (If you can't see/find it, look at your list of favorites and folders, then look directly above the list.)

3. This will remove the favorite from the Favorites Bar and put it in the main Favorites Folder.

4. From there you can move that favorite to any folder you want using the instructions above in the first problem that was addressed in this reply.

Thanks Stu, you were a big help.

Fishtacular, Apr 30, 2018
  4. zinou Win User

Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer

Hi,

First I would suggest you check the health of your hard disk. If it takes 2 minutes to load admin tools, I suspect that your disk is dying.

You can find many free tools on the net to check your disk health.

zinou, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer

1. Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer - Similar Threads - Audio Drops seconds

2. Audio dropping out for 1 to 2 seconds at random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio dropping out for 1 to 2 seconds at random intervals: I'm having audio issues over the last few days. It occurs on all apps Firefox, VLC Media Player, World of Warcraft, etc.. I've rebooted warm and cold, checked all system settings and reset, confirmed all drivers are up to date, rolled back drivers, and basically everything I...
  3. Audio dropping out for 1 to 2 seconds at random intervals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio dropping out for 1 to 2 seconds at random intervals: I'm having audio issues over the last few days. It occurs on all apps Firefox, VLC Media Player, World of Warcraft, etc.. I've rebooted warm and cold, checked all system settings and reset, confirmed all drivers are up to date, rolled back drivers, and basically everything I...
  4. Display blanks out for 2 or 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display blanks out for 2 or 3 seconds: System:Windows 11 Home 21H2 on ASUS Prime H510M-E board with Intel i5 10400 processor & 8 GB RAM.Problem:The display goes blank for 2 or 3 seconds before recovering, this happens randomly but not frequently.Details:This is a new development after using the system for several...
  5. Display blanks out for 2 or 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display blanks out for 2 or 3 seconds: System:Windows 11 Home 21H2 on ASUS Prime H510M-E board with Intel i5 10400 processor & 8 GB RAM.Problem:The display goes blank for 2 or 3 seconds before recovering, this happens randomly but not frequently.Details:This is a new development after using the system for several...
  6. My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer: Hello!I'm having this issue that whenever I open File Explorer my internet connection drops for about 2-3 seconds then it comes back. It is very annyoing when I'm in a call or meet because it freezes. This is also happening when I'm downloading something from my browser and...
  7. File Explorer issues with drag and drop moves and renaming files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer issues with drag and drop moves and renaming files: Problem 1: I've been having an intermittent problem with moving files in Windows Explorer via drag 'n' drop for quite some time. I typically have two or more File Explorer windows open and position one where the file is and the other where I want the file to go; then I drag...
  8. My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer: So, I searched for solutions online but nothing helped. Basically when I open file explorer or open any kind of mini window to maybe upload or download a file, my internet drops for a few seconds and comes back up. Weather I am on a online meet or anything like that, if I...
  9. File Explorer crashing when moving files

File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  10. Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds: I have an annoying delay on the use of my computer since upgrading to Windows 10. The most obvious place is when using the file explorer. I get a 2 to 3 second delay on most operations. These would include: dragging a file into a folder, renaming a file, naming a new folder,...