Windows 10: Audio Glitch Please Help

Discus and support Audio Glitch Please Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ever since I downloaded a certain win 10 update last year I've had this problem. Every time I open my laptop with a certain program (fl studio) open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by silkystuff, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Audio Glitch Please Help

Hi ever since I downloaded a certain win 10 update last year I've had this problem. Every time I open my laptop with a certain program (fl studio) open all low end bass of the audio is distorted and there's feedback. I can fix it temporarily by messing with some settings but when I close my laptop it starts again. I've updated the drivers of which my computer uses realtek HD and I can't roll back that far. Please help. Glitch doesn't affect bluetooth speakers only 3.5 jack

:)

silkystuff, Feb 26, 2017

2. WIndows 10 audio problems

I am having similar issues with the audio glitching/stuttering as well. I have a Toshiba Satellite C650D. Sometimes it sounds perfect, but then other times it starts glitching and stuttering during YouTube videos, gaming, music, anything that involves
    the audio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kurapika92, Feb 26, 2017
  3. Wierd glitch please help!!!

First I'd try a
    System Restore
    to a point before the problem began. If Windows is not stable enough then use one of the methods here to access

Advanced Startup Options
    including to
    Create Windows 10 Installation Media
    to boot via the
    BIOS Boot Menu Key
    (as a UEFI device if offered) into the Repair console on second screen, then Advanced Troubleshoot options for System Restore.

If that fails work through the Windows 10 Install Integrity
    Checklist
    to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs are done.

If any steps cannot be performed then try whichever method works here
    How to enter Windows 10's Safe Mode
    to get into Safe Mode with Networking which may work better to perform all of the steps, or from the
    Advanced Startup Options
    use the Command Prompt at boot to run Repair Commands in the
    Checklist.

If you’ll report back as you go, we may have other steps that are indicated. We will help you complete them all.

Remember however that the Upgrade and/or Factory installs are inferior installs which most tech enthusiasts would never run in the first place. For the best possible install look over these steps for doing a
    Clean Install Windows 10
    which is the gold standard install in an OS where the quality of the install is everything.

Short of that there is an automated Reset Your Windows 10 PC
    which reinstalls the OS but doesn’t clear the hard drive to get it cleanest. Both of the above require reinstalling Programs and settings, however you can keep files, programs and most settings and still reinstall the OS by doing a
    Windows 10 Repair Upgrade which
    can fix many problems that the Checklist repairs cannot.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 26, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Audio Glitch Please Help

I have a recording studio, using Sonar.
    My first question is why are you using the PC sound card with a Recording Program? The PC sound cards are about the worst thing you can use for recording. If nothing else, latency is poor, and the Signal to Noise base and ratio generally is poor.

But, since it happens when you open FL Studio, I would suspect it is "taking over" the sound. Look at the audio settings in FL Studio.

Bluetooth is a digital operation and does not use the PC's sound card and the reason its OK.

fireberd, Feb 26, 2017
  5. Yes I use the soundcard so I can still use audio in other apps. The wierd thing though is if I change any audio setting in fl the glitch goes away until I close it again, and at one point it didn't do this. I think it must be a software glitch

silkystuff, Feb 26, 2017
  6. By the way I don't record in fl

silkystuff, Feb 26, 2017
  7. I just found I can just switch to asio4all on fl before I close it

silkystuff, Feb 27, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

Audio Glitch Please Help

ASIO4ALL should be avoided. Its 50/50 on whether it works and/or causes other PC problems.

If you have had ASIO4ALL installed, it could be the reason for the problems.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio Glitch Please Help

1. Audio Glitch Please Help - Similar Threads - Audio Glitch Please

2. Please help fix the challenge phrase glitch

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please help fix the challenge phrase glitch: Hey guys although nobody touched my pc its giving me the challenge phrase and when I type it correctly it tells me to enter my pin and when I enter my pin it tells me to wait for two hours or change the sign in option which I can't do btw and when I try to wait it goes back...
  3. Please help fix the challenge phrase glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help fix the challenge phrase glitch: Hey guys although nobody touched my pc its giving me the challenge phrase and when I type it correctly it tells me to enter my pin and when I enter my pin it tells me to wait for two hours or change the sign in option which I can't do btw and when I try to wait it goes back...
  4. Please help fix the challenge phrase glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 notification glitch please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 notification glitch please help: Windows 10 notification glitchOut of no where my notifications are glitched. It only gets fixed when i restart my computer and then after a few hours this notification glitch comes again . The following are the pictures of the glitch. The banners seen to be acting weird....
  6. Audio Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Glitch: I have an odd glitch with audio and the only way to fix it is by resetting the computer, that would be fine apart from the fact that it happens every single time I power on my computer!The glitch happens when I'm listening to audios, I've had to disable the flags from popping...
  7. Audio Glitches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Glitches: Can someone help? I was trying to record a minecraft video by using the Game Bar Capture, I recorded for 13 minutes and I stopped the recording. I watched the video and the audio was stuttering and glitching. For example, the audio was freezing and playing over and over...
  8. Sleep is Glitched Out! Please Help.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep is Glitched Out! Please Help.: As can be seen in the Picture below, my sleep button is glitched out, it is moving left and right. This happens to occur anytime that I lock my PC. This isn't the only thing that happens. As soon as I see this, I know I need to restart my PC because I cant do anything unless...
  9. Glitch in Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitch in Audio: Good Morning! I was wondering if anyone could help me with this situation. I'm pretty confident that its' driver issue, but I would like someone to concur. In my first build, I was experiencing a Glitch noise when loading up Adobe Illustrator during the intialization process...
  10. Glitching Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitching Audio: I'm curious to know if anyone can help me with this issue. The video link isn't my machine, but a youtube user with a machine producing the same sound. Mine however, only happens for about 3 seconds, very randomly, not reproduceable at will, and only after resets, and ......