Windows 10: Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute

Discus and support Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem where, after pressing the mute key on my keyboard, even after undoing the action there is no audio. I am using an HP TouchSmart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandomGuy123, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute

Hi,

I have a problem where, after pressing the mute key on my keyboard, even after undoing the action there is no audio. I am using an HP TouchSmart 600, if it matters.

I have checked the status of my audio systems (all claim to be preforming normally), restarted the computer (which did nothing), et cetera but nothing has worked. If anyone can help me, then please reply to this post
    Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute [​IMG]

EDIT: Problem solved. For whatever reason, after switching my default sound config to something else and back, it now works.

:)

RandomGuy123, Feb 18, 2017

2. How do i boot Windows 10 with my computer on mute

Click the volume icon in the Taskbar then click Mute to left. This should mute any audio on start or log in.

If you are using a laptop, you can also mute the audio using the keyboard. Press Function key + F1 to F12 key, look for the block symbol.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 18, 2017
  3. Speaker issue

There are no muted applications, Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services
    are running... I stopped them and again pressed start, but nothing changed... Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute :(

HrayrHovakimyan, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute

@RandomGuy123, welcome to TenForums.

Do you use headphones? Sometimes the default sound device can get switched. Check what your default device is in Control Panel > Sound.

5. Yes, I do use headphones although the sound doesn't work either way. Right now there are 2 playback devices in Sound, Speakers and Realtek Digital Output.

Am I missing an headphones option? Speakers is my default, should the Realtek be default?

EDIT: Problem solved. For whatever reason, after switching my default sound config to something else and back, it now works.

RandomGuy123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute

1. Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute - Similar Threads - Audio broken 'forever'

2. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  3. Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...: I've already tried updating my keyboard driver, didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-left-ctrl-mutes-my-audio-and-when/0093d673-265b-4010-8310-2f97dec3daef
  4. Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...: I've already tried updating my keyboard driver, didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-left-ctrl-mutes-my-audio-and-when/0093d673-265b-4010-8310-2f97dec3daef
  5. My audio is muted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio is muted?: It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots...
  6. Audios is completely muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audios is completely muted: Just as about to browse on the internet and watch Twitch and some stuff, I hear nothing with audios and it's dead silence. I thought I have to put mute on, but I hear nothing the rest of it. I have to try to fix it such as put automatic Window Audios, Plug and Play and...
  7. Muted Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muted Audio Drivers: I don't know if this will help or not but I was having the problem of my audio driver's would not unmute.If you are running Multiplicity or some other audio sharing software disable it! Some situations might be the same but this solved my problem. I hope this helps!...
  8. Audio muting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio muting itself: Does anyone know what might cause the audio to mute itself . Ive seen the behavior on a couple of different machines now, mainly HP Probook laptops. It seems to happen most often during Zoom meetings while talking the microphone and speakers randomly mute. Ive tried the...
  9. Windows 10 mutes Bluetooth audio after Pause button is pressed

Windows 10 mutes Bluetooth audio after Pause button is pressed: The bluetooth audio in Windows 10 is muted after I press the Pause button (on my keyboard) to pause music (in Spotify). In many cases I do this to pause the music so that I can watch a video on youtube. Is there a way to make sure that only the music is paused and that the...
  10. Muted Audio After Restarting

Muted Audio After Restarting: Hi, I have a SteelSeries Siberia 650 headset and I'm using their latest drivers/controllers to handle the audio from my computer. The thing is I'm facing a weird problem since then. Everytime I restart my computer (using the 'Shut down' option and turning it back on),...