Windows 10: Audio is horrible every minute or so.

Discus and support Audio is horrible every minute or so. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to listen to some music using my Bluetooth headphone. Normally this works quite OK (modulo the usual BT lightning strokes that seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mmo, Aug 20, 2016.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Audio is horrible every minute or so.

I am trying to listen to some music using my Bluetooth headphone.
    Normally this works quite OK (modulo the usual BT lightning strokes that seem to never go completely away, but normally these are typically split seconds and "only" every minute or so.
    But today, the music play is terrible! Every 10 seconds or so the music stutters, breaks away or it sounds like a big truck rushing through my room. It's terrible!

The only thing I could identify so far is that some process "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process" seems to be permanently consuming 30+% CPU. What the heck is this?
    Besides that the "Antimalware Service Executable" seems to steadily consume another 15%.

How can one "dampen" the resource hunger of such processes such that they leave media player and its driver do its business? I would expect these to be "background processes".

This is on a MS Surface Pro 4.

:)

2. Ramon Imp Win User

Internet Connectivity pausing every minute or so

We suggest that your report the problem to your Internet Service Provider since the issue occurs to other Windows computers regardless of the network connection type.

You can also try to follow the steps on this link on how to fix network connections issues in Windows

Keep us posted.

Ramon Imp, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Reeve567 Win User
    Internet Connectivity pausing every minute or so

1. None I can find

2. Yes

3. Yes, they said it was the router that was the problem, however after buying a brand new one the problem persisted.

Reeve567, Aug 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi:
    - what is it?
    User-Mode Driver Framework Frequently Asked Questions

- here's a similar scenario - good outcome, no clear solution.
    For Surface Pro 1:
    High CPU usage with Win 10? : Surface
    and
    Windows Driver Foundation using 50% of CPU when Windows Media Player running [Solved] - Windows - Windows 10

Sorry can't offer an immediate solution, but these may be of interest if you've not found them yet.

This suggests there may be an issue with a driver version:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ndows-10-770m/

dalchina, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Audio is horrible every minute or so. - Similar Threads - Audio horrible every

2. Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so: Getting a Kernel_Dada_Inpage_Error about every 40 minutes or so. This happens when I'm doing nothing at all. I can leave and come back and after awhile I will just get an error. Upon reboot it will say 'insert boot disk.' I will go into F2 settings when restarting to manually...
  3. Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so: Getting a Kernel_Dada_Inpage_Error about every 40 minutes or so. This happens when I'm doing nothing at all. I can leave and come back and after awhile I will just get an error. Upon reboot it will say 'insert boot disk.' I will go into F2 settings when restarting to manually...
  4. Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD every 30 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 30 minutes or so: I can`t find the soloution to this problem.REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference count is being loweredArg2: ffff9588851d1050, Object whose reference count is being loweredArg3: 0000000000000010, ReservedArg4:...
  6. BSOD every 30 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 30 minutes or so: I can`t find the soloution to this problem.REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference count is being loweredArg2: ffff9588851d1050, Object whose reference count is being loweredArg3: 0000000000000010, ReservedArg4:...
  7. BSOD every 30 minutes or so

8. BSOD's every 10 minutes or so

BSOD's every 10 minutes or so: Hello, I am getting regular BSODs every 5 - 30 minutes. My PC was fine two days ago. I turned it on yesterday and got a ton of BSODs. I did a system restore, which seemed to fix everything, until today when my PC began to get them again. I tried to do another system...
  9. Blue Screening Every 5 Minutes or so.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screening Every 5 Minutes or so.: I’ve never even had my computer blue screen until this morning, but now it’s blue screening pretty much every five minutes. Even if I’m not doing anything except sitting on my desktop. So I was planing on completely restarting it, and erasing all files. But now it’s even...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Every 20 minutes or so.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Every 20 minutes or so.: Hi, I recently installed Windows 10 on a brand new Samsung 850 Evo SSD about a week ago and things have been going great until today when I started getting BSOD all the time. I recently installed new memory sticks too at the same time as I installed the SSD (2x 4gb Hyperx...