Windows 10: Audio is lagging behind.

Discus and support Audio is lagging behind. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this laptop for about half a year now and all of a sudden ive been having audio problems. Audio has a delay before actually playing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zersuit, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Zersuit Win User

Audio is lagging behind.

I have had this laptop for about half a year now and all of a sudden ive been having audio problems. Audio has a delay before actually playing.

notification sounds, system bleeps, and even playing videos. The video would either stop and wait for the audio, the video would normally play, but then pause and wait for the audio to catch up. Scrubbing videos is impossible cause of this delay issue. I've never had this problem before so i'm hoping its not just a hardware issue (works find when using a different audio output such as virtual audio cable and bluetooth headphones)

webm related
    https://my.mixtape.moe/jsmcja.webm

same goes for audio testing in sound properties.

I really don't want to use a usb-to-aux connector.

:)

Zersuit, Jun 10, 2017
  2. frelewe Win User

N8 Video editor.. out of sync audio

Yes, same problem here. First clip isin sync but after one transition audio starts to lag behind. I did a 17 minute film and the lag was quite substantial in the end. Last frame frozen and audio catching up in an additional number of seconds.

frelewe, Jun 10, 2017
  3. 3GP vid problem

Hey every1!

Thing is, everytime I put a vid onto my fone, the video lags behind the audio by about 5-7 seconds, but it works perfectly fine on my PC. I read on a site that you have to rip it with the correct audio and video bitrate to make sure that it works properly on
    the fone.

So can anyone tell me the proper settings for my N6233?

THX!

thirucumaran, Jun 10, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Audio is lagging behind.

In the left lower corner search type control and open control panel > large or small icons > troubleshooting > left pane click view all > run these troubleshooters:
    Playing audio
    Recording audio
    Video playback
    Run each with advanced settings to make an automatic repair. When they have completed view detailed information to see what was and was not done. Please report this information into the forum.

Open device manager and view:
    Audio inputs and outputs
    Display adapters
    Are there any yellow triangles with exclamation marks?
    For each of these devices right click to view properties and then the driver.
    For every non-Microsoft driver uninstall the driver.

Reboot and check the audio/video.
    Then find the latest drivers for your devices and install them.
    Recheck the audio/video and report in the forum.

Also open administrative command prompt and run these commands:
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    chkdsk /scan
    Please report the results in the forum.

zbook, Jun 10, 2017
  5. Zersuit Win User
    nothing worked. I bought a usb-to aux and it works perfectly now. The audio was clipping on the normal aux jack anyways. PLUS both the headphone jack on the computer was combined with the laptop speakers as if it was just one audio output. if I were to unplug it a tiny bit both sources of outputs would go off until i plugged it back in and waited for a window prompt to select which audio devices I wanted to play from. PLUS PLUS the jack on the laptop is in such an odd place something could easily break it off if im not careful. msi hardware seems to be a joke and coming from a late 2013 macbook pro it is a huge difference

this was for the best. ill just save up for a proper external usb dac.

Thanks for your help.

Zersuit, Jun 13, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    I'm glad you got it working.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio is lagging behind.

1. Audio is lagging behind. - Similar Threads - Audio lagging behind

2. Time Lagging Behind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Lagging Behind: My gaming pc's clock is laging behind. I have already tried replacing the cmos battery and that didn't help. What should I try next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-lagging-behind/b36d477f-d922-43c2-b812-2c3a907d580e
  3. Time Lagging Behind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Lagging Behind: My gaming pc's clock is laging behind. I have already tried replacing the cmos battery and that didn't help. What should I try next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-lagging-behind/b36d477f-d922-43c2-b812-2c3a907d580e
  4. Time Lagging Behind

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Audio always lags behind video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio always lags behind video: I'd say about a month ago this issue started. YouTube unwatchable. Streaming unwatchable. All audio and video out of sync. Gigabit connection and all drivers are updated. Doesn't matter which browser. Any ideas? Thank you submitted by /u/Kikutwo [link] [comments]...
  6. videos freezing, lagging behind the audio and audio loops.

videos freezing, lagging behind the audio and audio loops.: after looking on my articles on this website to try and solve this problem. my videos freeze up constantly, the audio will loop back and this happens with all my apps Netflix, Movies & Tv, VLC it does this online videos are fine. I tried changing the advanced display settings...
  7. Skype video lags behind audio

Skype video lags behind audio: Recently (in the past couple of weeks), Skype's video has started lagging behind the audio. Sometimes, it will initially be fine, but then a lag will accumulate of up to 3-5(!) seconds. Other times, the offset is there from the beginning. For a while, it was happening with...
  8. Video is lagging behind the Audio, on everything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Video is lagging behind the Audio, on everything: Hello there, First of all i'm sorry if this isn't posted in the correct sub-forum. I tried my best picking the one that fits my problem. ______ My problem is that any video is lagging behind on the audio. For example, i'm watching Twitch. After about an hour or two i start...
  9. Video lagging behind audio while streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Video lagging behind audio while streaming: Hi, I have been using this laptop (Dell inspiron 15r SE) since more than 4 years and it has worked flawlessly. Although recently I have noticed that while streaming on any browser at more than 720p@60 the video starts to lag behind the audio and it becomes quite annoying....
  10. Audio progressively lagging behind video

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio progressively lagging behind video: When I play video - whether streaming(Netflix, Youtube) in a browser or using GOM or VLC player , the audio progressively lags behind the video. Refreshing the browser page , or stopping and restarting the player re syncs the audio but it again progressively lags behind ....