Windows 10: Audio is playing out both my speakers and headphones

Discus and support Audio is playing out both my speakers and headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer uses the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have headphones plugged into the front panel and speakers plugged into the board itself on the back. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vaindil, May 7, 2016.

1. Vaindil Win User

Audio is playing out both my speakers and headphones

My computer uses the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have headphones plugged into the front panel and speakers plugged into the board itself on the back. I use nircmd to switch the default audio device between the speakers and headphones.

When I have the headphones set as the default device, audio plays out only the headphones. When the speakers are the default device, audio plays out both the speakers and the headphones. I can't figure out how to actually disable audio from the headphones when the speakers are the default device (short of disabling the actual device or unplugging it).

How can I properly disable the headphones when I want to use the speakers?

:)

Vaindil, May 7, 2016

2. Audio is playing through both headphones and speakers

Audio is playing through both headphones and speakers in my laptop and it's annoying help p.s my turtle beaches work like playing audio but aren't recognized by the PC

Original Title: Headphones!!! Help

jonathanrod, May 7, 2016
  3. Laptop doesn't recognize headphones but still play through both speakers and headphones

Hello,

When I plug in my headphones, audio plays through both the speakers and the headphones. I cannot turn the speakers off. When I open the 'Sound' menu to view my 'Playback Devices,' only the speakers appears. There is no option for headphones. It appears as
    if my laptop does not recognize they are plugged in (even though audio still plays through them and the speakers). If I disable the speakers, nothing works.

Please help

Joseph 888, May 7, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Open Realtek Audio Manager in Control Panel:

Audio is playing out both my speakers and headphones [​IMG]

Edwin, May 7, 2016
  5. Vaindil Win User
    The below image is what I have in the advanced options section (clicking the gear icon). If I select the top option under Playback Device then I can only play to the headphones when they're plugged in, no switching back and forth. The second option is what I've had it on, but it always plays out the headphones regardless.

This is driver version 6.0.1.7727 if that matters.

Vaindil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio is playing out both my speakers and headphones - Similar Threads - Audio playing both

2. Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker: i recently got my ssd changed and factory reset my laptop, which updated it to windows 11.. ever since then whenever i plug in my wired earphones it detects that a device was plugged in and the audio plays from both the earphones and the speaker, when i go into playback to...
  3. Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker: i recently got my ssd changed and factory reset my laptop, which updated it to windows 11.. ever since then whenever i plug in my wired earphones it detects that a device was plugged in and the audio plays from both the earphones and the speaker, when i go into playback to...
  4. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  5. Audio plays out of my headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio plays out of my headphones and speakers: My audio is playing out of my headphones and speakers, I have tried updating all of the drivers and whatnot and that isn't working. This problem arose after I installed voicemeeter banana. I uninstalled it because of this reason and the issue is still there. What can I do?...
  6. How to get duplicate audio to both headphones and speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get duplicate audio to both headphones and speakers?: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 latest update as of August 18th 2020. I have a set of HyperX Cloud II's plugged in via USB, and a pair of Bose Companion 2 Speakers plugged in via the usual audio Aux port, both in the back of my computer directly into the motherboard. I have both...
  7. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  8. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  9. Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones

Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones: Ho un computer portatile e quando in questi ultimi giorni l'ho acceso l'audio partiva sia dalle casse che dalle cuffie nonostante il computer non le cuffie. Inoltre le casse e le cuffie sono lette come un unico dispositivo di riproduzione. Ho provato a reinstallare i driver e...
  10. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound coming from both headphone and speaker