Windows 10: Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working

Discus and support Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have a HP Pavillion 500-164 tower. An ancient system, but it has been running Windows 10 just fine. Everything is stock, except for upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blenderite, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working

Hello. I have a HP Pavillion 500-164 tower. An ancient system, but it has been running Windows 10 just fine. Everything is stock, except for upgraded Memory, PSU, and GPU. No issues after I installed that hardware.

About a week ago, the microphone inputs all stopped working. Playback works fine, any device. My computer has a IDT HD Audio in it. I have tried multiple microphones, front input jack, rear input jack, and even a USB sound card. No difference. The microphones still don't work, no matter which one, where, or what settings I use (Sound Settings).

I recently installed VB- Audio Cable software for some streaming I needed to do. I installed it about a week or two before these problems showed up, so the first thing I did was uninstall VB-Audio Cable. No effect.

Where should I start to trouble shoot this? I have tried all my microphones on another PC and it worked just fine, so I know that isn't the problem. I have tried plugging the USB sound card into different USB ports (that work just fine for every other USB thing I plug in). The USB card was Amazon recommended 4 out of 5 stars customer reviews.

Suggestions please! Thanks!

:)

Blenderite, Feb 11, 2018

2. Microphone not working with Windows 10

I have Microsfot store Dell laptop. All of sudden Microphone stopped working. i tried all above steps. but no luck.

Upon trying to update driver files for Microphone under device manager-> audio adaptor. it says latest driver is installed.

Please help to resolve the issue

manivannanarumugam, Feb 11, 2018
  3. Microphone suddenly stopped working Windows 10

Hi my microphone stopped working it is a, Corsair Raptor Hs30. i have tried all options like uninstalling drivers of rel teak audio many times i have it set as default device and communications.

when i go under the microphone events it says the following device HDAUDIO FUNCTIONS REQUIRES FURTHER INSTALLATION sorry about caps.

my headset audio works fine through the headphones but the microphone is not. The microphone works on my laptop but not working know on my pc

ElliotCroft, Feb 11, 2018
  4. Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working

I have tried uninstalling all the different audio devices and drivers. No luck at all. Any ideas??? This is driving me mad. I'm ready to throw this F*&!^$& computer out the window and buy another one. This is insane!

Blenderite, Feb 12, 2018
  5. I just installed a new sound card, and it didn't work either. Any ideas here?

Blenderite, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working

1. Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working - Similar Threads - Audio Issues Microphones

2. Microphone / Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone / Audio Issues: My headphones were working completely fine until a few days ago when I joined my friend, and for some reason my audio got completely messed up everything was really quiet. I then tried switching from game chat to Discord and it kept happening. Eventually, my audio went away...
  3. Microphone / Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone / Audio Issues: My headphones were working completely fine until a few days ago when I joined my friend, and for some reason my audio got completely messed up everything was really quiet. I then tried switching from game chat to Discord and it kept happening. Eventually, my audio went away...
  4. Microphone Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Stopped Working: I have encountered a problem where my Windows 10 PC has stopped detecting any audio from my headset microphone. It was working fine one day and then when I turned the computer on the following day, with no changes made to settings or hardware and device still plugged in as...
  5. Audio Input not working for all microphones

Audio Input not working for all microphones: My audio input devices suddenly stopped working today both my headset microphone RealtekR Audio and my microphone array the default one from my Intel computer. I've tried testing my microphone in general and it either doesn't work or picks up very very little sound. I've...
  6. Audio microphone will not work at all

Audio microphone will not work at all: last night my microphone cut out randomly and didn't turn back on, even after running troubleshooter, I'm pretty stuck here. I've tested the mic through other means so I know its not the problem. it is set as default device as well. realtek driver Any help is greatly...
  7. All Audio Input stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Audio Input stopped working: On my Windows 10 desktop, all my input audio stopped working. I thought it was my headset that took a dump so I went out and bought a new headset. That also doesn't work... I have made sure it is enabled and done driver updates (I think, I checked for them and it says I...
  8. audio and microphone issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio and microphone issues: after update cumulative update audio and microphone both are not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-microphone-issues/3279bc80-7694-4ec2-b0ef-96f063e43bf0
  9. Microphone stopped working

Microphone stopped working: A couple of days ago my microphone just randomly stopped working. I am using the Logitech g533 gaming headset. Nothing picks up audio, I have tried numerous games, Discord, Audacity, etc. I've tried everything I've found online to fix it, the mic isn't muted, the privacy...
  10. "Audio services not responding" with on-board microphone not working at all

"Audio services not responding" with on-board microphone not working at all: Hi guys! My computer, a Dell G7 with windows 10, had an issue with the speakers not working from day one. Updating the bios ended up helping it (maybe an issue with the motherboard), but to this day the microphone doesn't work. Not only that, but it's weird because when I...