Windows 10: Audio issues with Windows 10 August Update

Discus and support Audio issues with Windows 10 August Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since KB4343909 Windows 10 update (August), I got some issues related to audio. The system itself has sound and I can listen to it but there's no sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ValleyedShelf97, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Audio issues with Windows 10 August Update

Since KB4343909 Windows 10 update (August), I got some issues related to audio. The system itself has sound and I can listen to it but there's no sound in some programs, namely Spotify and games. Also, I can't watch videos with Edge and Explorer (not supported error message) but everything works fine in other browsers.

I already reinstalled and updated the audio driver several times, used the command Sfc /scannow, tried to scan and repair C drive, installed the update again and nothing works. I thought about recovering but I can't reach a point before the first installation.

Somebody got a solution?

:)

ValleyedShelf97, Aug 26, 2018

2. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Aug 27, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

Audio issues with Windows 10 August Update

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Audio issues with Windows 10 August Update

1. Audio issues with Windows 10 August Update - Similar Threads - Audio issues August

2. Windows 10 August 2023 update issues and improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 August 2023 update issues and improvements: Windows 10 August 2023 cumulative update is now available widely for everyone with many bug fixes. This update does not add new features to the operating system as Microsoft now focuses more on Windows 11 and next-gen Windows. August 2023 Patch Tuesday release is all about...
  3. Windows Update issue - Audio output issues after installing updates released August 9, 2022.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update issue - Audio output issues after installing updates released August 9, 2022.: Hi,I was one of the unfortunate who installed the August 9, 2022 KB5016616 update and now I am dealing with audio output issues. The issues I have is that my HP desktop audio device supports five speaker outputs. After I installed the Windows update audio from my apps plays...
  4. Windows Update issue - Audio output issues after installing updates released August 9, 2022.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update issue - Audio output issues after installing updates released August 9, 2022.: Hi,I was one of the unfortunate who installed the August 9, 2022 KB5016616 update and now I am dealing with audio output issues. The issues I have is that my HP desktop audio device supports five speaker outputs. After I installed the Windows update audio from my apps plays...
  5. Windows Update issue - Audio output issues after installing updates released August 9, 2022.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Microsoft confirms audio issues in Windows 10 KB5016616 August 2022 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms audio issues in Windows 10 KB5016616 August 2022 Update: Windows 10 may not be getting updated as frequently as Windows 11, but it still has its share of bugs and breaks with each new monthly update. KB5016616, which was released on August 9, as part of the August 2022 Patch Tuesday cycle, is apparently breaking down the audio...
  7. Update issue of August 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update issue of August 2020: After the latest update on August my laptop was unable to install the update but after troubleshoot for various times it got installed. Just after installation the keyboard and cursor started working weird, the cursor was automatically moving down and automatic typo errors...
  8. Windows 10 August update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 August update: Since installation of the August automatic update, I cannot start my computer. It asks which keyboard I require then says Startup Repair couldn't repair your pc. System restore or Uninstall Updates fail also. Is the only option to make a clean install? If so, how do I...
  9. Different audio after update 2020 august?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different audio after update 2020 august?: Has anybody experienced some difference with their audio since the latest update? My sound feels flat/lifeless now, I've tried to re-install drivers and realtek already but nothing helps. The sound in CSGO for etc. is totally different now. I've read dozens of guides that...
  10. WINDOWS 10 August 15 2018 Update Network ISSUE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 August 15 2018 Update Network ISSUE: Hello, My computer auto updated Aug 15 2018 and now my computer has no connection to internet. I used system restore to undo the update as you can see, it came back. I tried applying the update a few times and each time no connection to network. I disabled windows update in...