Windows 10: Audio keeps playing but not video... most streams... youtube et al

Discus and support Audio keeps playing but not video... most streams... youtube et al in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi.... I'm using a rather new Desktop PC and lately, ( this has been getting worse and worse ) streaming videos of all kinds about 90% of the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blastcat, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Blastcat Win User

Audio keeps playing but not video... most streams... youtube et al

Hi....

I'm using a rather new Desktop PC and lately, ( this has been getting worse and worse ) streaming videos of all kinds about 90% of the time now, the picture will freeze, and the audio will play on.

I have 8gigs of ram, Windows 10, Intel i3 processor, and a NVIDIA Geforce 210 graphics card... with I think 1 gig of ram...

My internet is consistent and fast, as I download huge files ( of all kinds ) at about

Mbps download

Mbps upload

I tried to re-install my graphics driver, but ... their website didn't help. I've just re-installed the Flash just in case. I've restarted the computer many times. Updates for Windows are all done.

What should I do now to troubleshoot?

It should be apparent that I'm not a techy.
    I know how to type, basically.

*Smile

:)

Blastcat, Jan 18, 2017

2. Why streaming videos and youtube will not play after installing Windows 10

I just installed Windows 10. Why is it that streaming videos and YouTube videos will not play. There is audio but only a green screen.

LindellLeverett, Jan 18, 2017
  3. rondcouth Win User
    Nokia C7 youtube jerky video

The quality of video and audio streaming from youtube direct on nokia c7 is very poor. But the youtube videos downloaded from PC which is copied and played in c7 is having high clarity.

Anyone knows there is any solutions?

rondcouth, Jan 18, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Uninstall current device driver for your Graphics card and you can also uninstall the device and then when Windows reboots it will load a default driver and you can install the latest from NVIDIA.

bro67, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Blastcat Win User
    Ok, well, the thing is... its LIKE the "erase memory button".. if I uninstall the current driver for my Graphics card, wont I lose the ability to SEE anything? I've never done this kind of thing before, as you can see.... And when I tried not too long ago at the NVIDIA site, it said it didn't support that card any longer.. I think.

So, in any case, will I SEE anything if I uninstall the video driver?

Blastcat, Jan 18, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    You will not lose the ability to see the screen. When you uninstall the device and driver, Microsoft does not lock those settings until you reboot the machine. You need to uninstall as I stated, both the driver and device, including all NVIDIA software, so that you can install the most recent NVIDIA driver and software tool package.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio keeps playing but not video... most streams... youtube et al - Similar Threads - Audio keeps playing

2. Most videos on Youtube are distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most videos on Youtube are distorted.: Most videos on Youtube are distorted on Microsoft edge and Chrome as well. Restarting the device did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-videos-on-youtube-are-distorted/0fbed65a-767f-459d-80ee-a16d7e9cdbf5
  3. Most videos on Youtube are distorted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most videos on Youtube are distorted.: Most videos on Youtube are distorted on Microsoft edge and Chrome as well. Restarting the device did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-videos-on-youtube-are-distorted/0fbed65a-767f-459d-80ee-a16d7e9cdbf5
  4. I can not play any video online YouTube, Netflix, Amazon et.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not play any video online YouTube, Netflix, Amazon et.: Hello , I am facing a problem with my laptop for a while now and it came to the point that is really annoying. Every time I try to watch an online video youtube it takes about a minute to start the video, some times even longer. When it eventually starts, if I try to move the...
  5. I can not play any video online YouTube, Netflix, Amazon et.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not play any video online YouTube, Netflix, Amazon et.: Hello , I am facing a problem with my laptop for a while now and it came to the point that is really annoying. Every time I try to watch an online video youtube it takes about a minute to start the video, some times even longer. When it eventually starts, if I try to move the...
  6. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  7. Audio pops and tears on Youtube and any type of video streaming site.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio pops and tears on Youtube and any type of video streaming site.: I must say that I've looked into this problem for quite a long time now. Here are some of my observations. Upgraded HDD to SSD, thinking it was the dying HDD that was the cause of the problem but that did not help. Discovered LatencyMon and gave that a shot. As long as I'm...
  8. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  9. Youtube videos will not play the video part

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube videos will not play the video part: When I try to watch videos on youtube, I only get the opening picture or a black screen. The audio plays fine. Is there something I need to reset? 96826
  10. videos, streaming videos, youtube problem

in Windows 10 Support
    videos, streaming videos, youtube problem: Hi I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1709 build 16299.19. Suddenly, after Fall creators update I can't view streaming video &/or Youtube in Chrome, Opera or Edge. Have updated all drivers. Have turned off hardware acceleration. Any ideas? 96495