Windows 10: Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get crackles and delays in audio (when watching videos online as well as in files offline). I have tried reinstalling drivers and disabling audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dejavu, Sep 16, 2016.

1. dejavu Win User

Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10

I get crackles and delays in audio (when watching videos online as well as in files offline). I have tried reinstalling drivers and disabling audio enhancements but that hasn't helped. I've tried a tool called LatencyMon and it points to the network drivers. One of the solutions is to set CPU minimum state to 100% (default value is 5%) but obviously this isn't a good solution.

My laptop is Acer Gateway NE56R (Pentium Dual Core B960 CPU, 4GB RAM)
    Gateway website does not have drivers beyond Windows 8.1

LatencyMon Report hints towards ndis.sys (network adapter): Screenshot

UPDATE: It is confirmed that the wifi driver is behind this issue. Disabling the wifi adapter made the audio latency go away, but how do I find the right driver that won't cause this issue?

:)

dejavu, Sep 16, 2016
  2. gojiggy Win User

Windows 10 Realtek HD Audio driver problem

I upgraded to Windows 10 and have had audio playback issues ever since the upgrade. I have tried everything suggested in your audio troubleshooting guide but nothing seems to work. I have Toshiba Satellite 955S with Realtek. The specific issue with the
    playback is latency and intermittent burst of buzzing sound.

gojiggy, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Problems with Intel HD 3000 graphic

Thankyou for helping me suat.cini
    Please tell me that how do you install these Intel HD 3000 drivers after Upgrading/Clean installing the Windows 10 Because i scare a lot about
    Windows 10 Drivers my OEM(Lenovo) dont released drivers for my
    Lenovo G580
    and could u please tell me there is any latency issues in Windows 10 by running
    dpc latency because i do audio editing a bit DPC Latency Link

Please Reply

ManishLakhera(mac), Sep 16, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Wi-Fi is a known cause of your problems. We had many posts on our sister Windows 7 and Windows 8 forums of this problem.
    I did a Bing search and didn't come up with anything for this specific model, so I don't know if there are later drivers available for the Wi-Fi.

Having a 64 bit OS on only 4GB of RAM could be contributing to the problem. A 64 bit OS requires more memory than a 32 bit, thus less memory is available for other uses. A 32 bit OS would have been more appropriate on a PC such as this.

fireberd, Sep 16, 2016
  5. dejavu Win User
    Well, this issue cropped up only after upgrading to Windows 10. I temporarily went back to Win 8 x64 and it was working fine so it's definitely not the RAM...

dejavu, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
    did you try deleting the wifi adapter from device manager and rebooting? see if windows has its own driver? or right click in device manager and select update driver? may be a known issue may also be your wifi adapter just isnt compatible with windows 10 . only way forward then would be a usb adapter

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  7. dejavu Win User
    Yes, I have tried that already...

dejavu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio Latency Issues

2. Windows Audio Latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Latency: Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-latency/b07fc151-a9da-4ce9-9a07-5965cfb945cd
  3. Windows Audio Latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Latency: Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-latency/b07fc151-a9da-4ce9-9a07-5965cfb945cd
  4. Audio Latency/Delay issues with Realtak driver Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Latency/Delay issues with Realtak driver Windows 10: Hello! I have done dozens of Google searches/fixes, and then spent a couple hours on a chat with a great HP rep, but we have been unable to fix an audio latency issues with my machine. I am turning here, in hopes of finding some answers. Please note, that the machine is...
  5. High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters: Recently, I have updated windows to version 2004 and i have found the DPC latency to rise. I used LatencyMon application to check the DPC latency and found the main problematic drivers are ndis.sys, acpi.sys, Hdaudbus.sys and dxgkrnl.sys. Here are the links to latencyMon...
  6. Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004: Hi, yesterday my windows 10 updated to this damn 2004 version of it and ever since I get random weird lag spikes in video and audio, so today I've found out about latecymon and the problem seems to be from the nvidia drivers and storport.sys apparently:...
  7. Audio latency issues

Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. Audio dropouts are exceedingly common, and I can't seem to properly diagnose what is causing this problem. This all started when I installed a new HDD, a WD Blue. Of note is that it spun at 5400rpm, which I...
  8. Audio latency issues

Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. These initially manifested as no more than audio dropouts, but eventually have begun to escalate into visual dragging, as well. Audio popping is very common now, and the mouse dragging when I try to move it is...
  9. Audio/DPC latency and performance issues

Audio/DPC latency and performance issues: for the past couple of weeks i've been getting weird almost crackling noises on my laptop and i assumed the speakers were going until they persisted with headphones as well. Here's my LatencyMon...
  10. Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC: I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old slow windows xp computer was able to do...