Windows 10: audio/mic jack

Discus and support audio/mic jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack. i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamos316, Jun 8, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

audio/mic jack

i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack.
    i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used.
    how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?

:)

jamos316, Jun 8, 2015
  2. Yleclerc Win User

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

What type of computer are your using?

What type of headset are you using?

Newer laptops have a combination audio/mic jack that is similar to the smartphone audio/mic jack.

Yleclerc, Jun 8, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    WP8 audio out-using phone through car stereo

The audio jack in the 920 is not the same as the jack in WP7. The 920 probably expects a mic.

The 920 jack is wired to accept the two different plug standards, both having mics. You need to get an aux cord with a mic.

Here is the info on the 920 audio port.

Kundensupport | Nokia Phones

garym123, Jun 8, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

audio/mic jack

is it TRS or TRRS kind of jack? (tip, ring, sleeve where as TRRS = apple-method, not "normal one")

batlhilz, Jun 8, 2015
  5. jamos316 Win User
    Not sure what you mean
    The tablet is a dell venue 11 pro 7130

jamos316, Jun 8, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    RTS is "common" tip-ring-sleeve alike 3,5mm jack. Comparing to iPhone, they use tip-ring-RING-sleeve connector, which makes you able to use the microfone and speakers on a same earphone jack. so to say, if you got wrong like 3.5mm male jack on your earphones, it might work as you just mentioned

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

audio/mic jack

1. audio/mic jack - Similar Threads - audio mic jack

2. Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted: I have a dell g7 laptop that has one 3.5 audio jack installed. I bought a corsair headset with a 3.5 jack on it, when I plugged it in my computer asked what type of device it was and i selected headset with mic. Everything works with output sound into my headset but with the...
  3. Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted: I have a dell g7 laptop that has one 3.5 audio jack installed. I bought a corsair headset with a 3.5 jack on it, when I plugged it in my computer asked what type of device it was and i selected headset with mic. Everything works with output sound into my headset but with the...
  4. Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?: Hi, I have two laptops personal & official and 2 monitors. Laptops and Monitors are connected through a KVM switch. The KVM switch makes is super easy to switch displays between laptops. In the KVM switch, I have wireless keyboard, mouse, USB webcam connected. There is an...
  5. Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?

Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?: Hi, I have two laptops personal & official and 2 monitors. Laptops and Monitors are connected through a KVM switch. The KVM switch makes is super easy to switch displays between laptops. In the KVM switch, I have wireless keyboard, mouse, USB webcam connected. There is an...
  6. audio jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  7. audio jack

audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  8. AUDIO JACK

AUDIO JACK: Whenever i plug in my headphones into my laptop i get a pop up message saying a headset has been detected but when i play any audio it plays on speaker and not in my headphones. What should be the problem?...
  9. AUDIO JACK

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO JACK: WHEN I PLUG IN A HEADSET, THE POPUP CHOOSE AUDIO DEVICE IS NOT COMING AND IN MY PC THERE IS NO REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER. SO, PLEASE TELL WHAT I SHOULD DO I AM IN A VERY BIG PROBLEM...
  10. Mic Jack not Working

Mic Jack not Working: Hi Bought this mic on amazon recently Amazon.com: Neewer® Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone Mic for PC Laptop Skype (2X Microphones): Computers Accessories When i connect the Mic to the Jack on the motherboard or my CPU nothing happens Windows 10 does not detect and...