Windows 10: Audio/Microphone Not Detected

Discus and support Audio/Microphone Not Detected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I use a Turtle Beach PX22 Headset until i noticed the microphone was not working. I checked the Sound in Control Panel and it used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IvanYim, Jul 20, 2018.

1. IvanYim Win User

Audio/Microphone Not Detected

I have Windows 10.

I use a Turtle Beach PX22 Headset until i noticed the microphone was not working. I checked the Sound in Control Panel and it used to say Turtle Beach Headset but now it only says speakers. Sometimes it will say Headphones, sometimes it would say Headphones but its not connected. Sometimes it won't detect my headset at all. When I'm on the Speakers for audio, it plays through the headset fine (though some sounds were noticeably different than before) and like before, it wont even detect my headset sometimes.

I've searched online for hours and 1 way i could not do was to disable the front panel jack detection in Realtek HD Audio Manager. However, I cannot find the Audio Manager and any attempts to download it (http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspxLangid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false > 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) I don't even know if this is it.) have been unsuccessful. Any other attempt to solve the issue or download it from another program (Ex : Driver Easy) was unsuccessful.

Please help if anybody can, and I can try to answer further questions like more info on certain things.

:)

IvanYim, Jul 20, 2018

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Microphone not detecting sound anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience this has caused. We'll be happy to assist you to fix this issue.

This issue might cause if Windows is not able to detect the microphone properly or if the device is disabled. Kindly follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Firstly, let's run the audio recording troubleshooter and check.

* In Windows search bar, type find and fix audio recording problems
    and run the troubleshooter to identify and solve the issue.

Method 2:

If this doesn't help, let's set the detected microphone as default recording device.

Step 1:

1) In the right corner of the taskbar, right-click audio icon and select sound.

2) With the dialog box opened, go to recordings tab and see if your current plugged-in microphone is listed indicated by a green check mark.

3) Choose the device and click or tap to set it as default.

Note: In the recording tab, right-click to check if there are any device disabled. click on show disabled device and proceed.

Step 2:

You may also troubleshoot by typing speech recognition in the search bar. Then, click on
    setup microphone and Windows will take you through few simple steps to make it work.

Hope this helps. If you have any queries, do get back to us.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

my condensor microphone is not being detected by windows 10

Hi,

To clarify the issue, have you checked the compatibility of the microphone to Windows 10? You can check if the microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not by following these steps:

• Go to Search bar.
    • Type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Check if microphone driver is available.

We also suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are software conflicts that can cause the issue.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reply on this post.

Anne Ros, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio/Microphone Not Detected - Similar Threads - Audio Microphone Detected

2. My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 and I have a microphone. It's linked to an audio soundcard, the brand is Focusrite and the soundcard is Scarlett Solo. I use USB to connect the soundcard to the computer, and the microphone is connected to the soundcard.This is professional stuff....
  3. My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 and I have a microphone. It's linked to an audio soundcard, the brand is Focusrite and the soundcard is Scarlett Solo. I use USB to connect the soundcard to the computer, and the microphone is connected to the soundcard.This is professional stuff....
  4. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  5. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  6. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio: I bought a mic for gaming that says it is compatible with pc. I plugged it into the splitter cables and can hear everything perfectly fine, but the computer isn’t even detecting audio when I speak into the mic. I have been googling and trying everything I find for half an...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected

Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Headset mic is working fine on my phone but on Windows the mic is not being detected. I've tried this with a different headset and same result as well so it is completely an issue with Windows. I have installed the latest drivers, removed and re-paired the...
  9. Microphone only detects audio from the computer

Microphone only detects audio from the computer: I messed around with a voice changer and then later uninstalled it but it changed my microphone settings I guess ex of the situation: playing a game with the boys but they cant hear me and the only hear the sounds from the game and not my voice its pretty confusing why...
  10. Headset microphone audio not detected

Headset microphone audio not detected: I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone shows up in the devices...