Windows 10: Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.

Discus and support Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've only been having this exact problem recently; whenever I try to play audio from my laptop (HP Pavilion 15-n271ea I think​, x64) with my headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aolis, Sep 15, 2017.

1. aolis Win User

Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.

I've only been having this exact problem recently; whenever I try to play audio from my laptop (HP Pavilion 15-n271ea I think​, x64) with my headphones (3.5mm jack, Sony) the audio plays through my speakers and not my headphones. This would happen before (with audio playing through the headphones as well as the speakers) but would always be resolved if I restarted my laptop; no such luck now. All of my drivers are up to date (apparently), and I've gone into the sound settings, everything's at default, etc etc. No option for headphones, just "Speaker/HP".

Been into the DTS Audio Control panel and pressed a few buttons, to no avail.

I can upload specs if that'd be of any use; I've been scrolling through various forums for a few hours now and trying what I can, but nothing's worked.
    (I use Windows 10 Home v10.0.14393 Build 14393.)

Thank you in advance.

:)

aolis, Sep 15, 2017

2. iTunes audio only coming out of speak or headphones, not interchangable Surface Pro

Hey guys,

I've recently purchase the Surface Pro with Windows 10. I just realised that when I open iTunes with no headphones, it plays through the speakers. When I put headphones in, the music continues to play through the speakers despite the headphones being recognised
    and being set as the playback device. I can adjust the volume and test the audio on the headphones and it comes through on that, but the audio from iTunes is still playing through the speakers.

If I close iTunes and open it with the headphones already plugged in, the audio plays through the headphones. If I unplug the headphones, the audio doesn't play through the speakers. I can adjust the volume and test the sound and it comes through but no
    audio from iTunes. If I plug the headphones back in, iTunes plays through it.

I tried with YouTube and it seems to work fine for the most part though one try had it playing through the speakers, then headphone when I plugged them in but then no audio from either when I removed them. Sometimes it changes the selected audio device automatically,
    sometimes I makes me choose.

Spotify seems to be quite inconsistent. Sometimes you plug or unplug the headphones and the audio stops playing through either. Sometimes I have to choose which device I want the audio to come through but switching back results in no audio. Sometimes switching
    works. Sometimes plugging and unplugging the headphone automatically switches to the right device. It's different pretty much every time.

Does anyone know why it's doing this, if it's a common issue and if there is a fix?

Thanks.

Chelle

ChelleB2486, Sep 15, 2017
  3. Audio Jack issues for windows 10

When i plug in headphones or earphones into the audio jack, the audio was not playing through the earphones. It is not even showing that some audio device is plugged-in. When i plug in headphones, the speakers sound was playing but it is not playing through
    earphones/headphones. My headphones are perfectly good. I have uninstalled my audio devices and their software. Later on, i updated their drivers and their software too. But still the problem continues. I cannot hear the audio through my headphones. I have
    been using windows 10. I have been using Realtek audio devices on my laptop.Can anyone tell me the solution for this???

Karthik333, Sep 15, 2017
Thema:

Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.

1. Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in. - Similar Threads - Audio playing through

2. My headphones are'nt playing any audio when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones are'nt playing any audio when plugged in.: So, I've been using this same pair of headphones for a pretty long time now, and they've been great. It's a pair of Razer Kraken X, nothing special. Today, when i plugged in my headphones after unwrapping the cord It gets tangled up on itself, probably my fault in some way...
  3. My headphones are'nt playing any audio when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones are'nt playing any audio when plugged in.: So, I've been using this same pair of headphones for a pretty long time now, and they've been great. It's a pair of Razer Kraken X, nothing special. Today, when i plugged in my headphones after unwrapping the cord It gets tangled up on itself, probably my fault in some way...
  4. Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...: So i wanted to record with my headphone mic but let the audio play through the laptop, but when I open the sound settings, they both for some reason use the same realtek HD Audio speaker, and I can't disable just the headphone audio or anything, is there a fix or a way for me...
  5. No audio playing through headphones when I plug them into jack and continues to play...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio playing through headphones when I plug them into jack and continues to play...: Hello, I have a pair of sony headphones that I have used with my computer. Whenever I plugged my computer in, a pop-up menu would ask me if I would like to switch over to headphones. I checked don't ask me again and my computer speakers won't switch over to my headphones....
  6. Usb Headphones plugged in but doesn't play through the headphones

Usb Headphones plugged in but doesn't play through the headphones: I just bought these new headphones and computer is new it is a HP Pavilion Pc 15-eh009wm and a AMD Ryzen 5 core, The headphones doesn't show up to switch it to default when I plug it in I installed new drivers but I'm not sure if I updated them to the correct driver I have...
  7. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  8. This noise was playing through the laptop speaker and headphones when plugged in,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This noise was playing through the laptop speaker and headphones when plugged in,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AcceptFate_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl9k4m/this_noise_was_playing_through_the_laptop_speaker/
  9. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  10. Win10 not playing audio through headphones when plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 not playing audio through headphones when plugged in: Alright, so the new update has apparently broken crap again, because why could Microsoft ever leave stuff that works alone? Here's the issue: when I plug in earbuds/headphones or unplug them from the audio jack, the OS no longer automatically switches the default audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sound not playing through speaker plugged with aux cord