Windows 10: Audio not working in Win10 built 20161.1000

Discus and support Audio not working in Win10 built 20161.1000 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; yesterday, I updated my windows 10 system to build 20161,100 (my friend did it too) and since then, we both can't hear each other. This also happens in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LockJaw987, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Audio not working in Win10 built 20161.1000

yesterday, I updated my windows 10 system to build 20161,100 (my friend did it too) and since then, we both can't hear each other. This also happens in Xbox game bar

submitted by /u/LockJaw987
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LockJaw987, Jul 11, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    audio not working

Hi Josh,

Outdated drivers can prevent your computer from detecting plugged audio devices. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the built-in audio troubleshooter in Windows 10. This tool was specially designed to find and fix common audio or sound problems automatically. Here's how to do it:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the issue persists, this
    article
    has step-by-step instructions on how to update your sound drivers, set default device, turn off audio enhancements, and try different audio formats. Follow the steps carefully.

We look forward to your reply and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Audio not working in Win10 built 20161.1000

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Audio not working in Win10 built 20161.1000

1. Audio not working in Win10 built 20161.1000 - Similar Threads - Audio working Win10

2. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  3. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  4. Microphone not working btt audio working on newly built pc.

Microphone not working btt audio working on newly built pc.: The audio works, but the microhphone on all of my external devices does not work on my newly built windows 10 pc. If it matters, my version is unactivated. I set the devices to default, updated the sound drivers, tried different ports, made sure the devices are enabled, made...
  5. Built in screen recorder audio not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in screen recorder audio not working: I'm trying to screen record a presentation on Google Slides using the built-in screen recorder but it's not recording the audio. It's completely mute....
  6. Win10 laptop audio only works with Airpods!

Win10 laptop audio only works with Airpods!: Hi Everything was working fine with my Win10 Toshiba satellite pro audio until I connected my daughter's apple Airpods. Her batteries were low so I tried to connect my normal headphones but didn't work. I tried without any headphones and still no audio. I double checked...
  7. GSX 1000 main and coms audio issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GSX 1000 main and coms audio issue: So on the GSX1000 there is a main audio channel and a coms audio channel (for discord, teamspeak etc), but windows will only allow sound to be output from 1 device at a time. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/RAM_AIR_IV [link] [comments]...
  8. Built In Audio Not Working (RealTek)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built In Audio Not Working (RealTek): Yesterday I was having a major issue with no OUTPUT sound. I uninstalled the High Definition Audio and installed the RealTek Audio Driver in its place. That didn't work so I hit the battery reset button on the bottom of my MSI laptop and that magically fixed my output audio....
  9. Either audio or video with Microsoft Lifecam 1000

Either audio or video with Microsoft Lifecam 1000: I can get only get audio or video with the LifeCam. Using Skype, the microfone works, but the video doesn't, using Webex the video works but the microfone doesn't. Any ideas?...
  10. WORKING OF WIRELESS MOUSE 1000

WORKING OF WIRELESS MOUSE 1000: I have microsoft wireless mouse 1000 working very nice with window 10. suddenly mouse leser led light at bottom of mouse not blinking ,I change battries but no response. what is the problem mouse is not working. ***Moved from: Accessories / Other.***...