Windows 10: Audio on my laptop stopped working

Discus and support Audio on my laptop stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio all of a sudden, just stopped working. The troubleshoot device cannot find a solution. It just states, "one or more audio service isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paula DorseyThomas, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Audio on my laptop stopped working

My audio all of a sudden, just stopped working. The troubleshoot device cannot find a solution. It just states, "one or more audio service isn't running".

How can I start the audio again. It suggests updating the drivers, then it wants to charge $9.99 to do so. Is there a solution without paying for it? Surely there is another way!! Help!!

:)

Paula DorseyThomas, Jul 5, 2018

2. audio stopped working, windows 10

upgraded to windows 10 by reservation few days ago... compatibility test result was fine... audio stopped working all of a sudden... tried upgrading the driver software in device manager
    but in vain... also tried these methods suggested by Microsoft help community... but the audio is still not working, neither speakers nor headphones

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the issue persists

gomo_vivek, Jul 5, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)
    (from Guide: How to Fix Audio Not Working in Windows 10 : Windows10)

Note: as you may have found, a number of threads on this topic are unsolved.

You may wish to consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install if no solution is found.

Also consider the possibility of hardware failure. You could check the card is seated, cables secure.

dalchina, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Audio on my laptop stopped working

After I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working

I'm facing a problem after I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working.

I contact Dell's support and together we tried to:

• Update the driver
    • Reinstall the driver
    • Uninstall the driver to use windows suggested drivers.
    • Remove the drivers to use the microsoft drivers.
    • Run sfc
    • Run Dell Assist Tools
    • Run Driver updates tools
    • Uninstalled the Windows updates.

None fixed the problem.

During the RCA I restored my computer 3 times and the issue is not on the sound card, since when I restore the system it works.

I'd like to know what would be the next steps.

Is Microsft release a patch for the update that is breaking the audio?

Diego Vivo, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio on my laptop stopped working

1. Audio on my laptop stopped working - Similar Threads - Audio laptop stopped

2. My audio stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio stopped working: My audio stopped working, Yesterday I left my computer on because I was grinding for a game, I left it on mute.and when I got back to it, the audio was still working until I shut it down about 30 minutes had gone by then I turned it back on and the audio suddenly stopped...
  3. My audio stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio stopped working: My audio stopped working, Yesterday I left my computer on because I was grinding for a game, I left it on mute.and when I got back to it, the audio was still working until I shut it down about 30 minutes had gone by then I turned it back on and the audio suddenly stopped...
  4. My audio stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My audio stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio stopped working: Hello, i left my computer on but the audio was working fine, but when i restarted the computer, the audio stopped working and the "High definition audio" changed to cirrus logic, i really need to revert it....
  6. My audio stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio stopped working: Hello, i left my computer on but the audio was working fine, but when i restarted the computer, the audio stopped working and the "High definition audio" changed to cirrus logic, i really need to revert it....
  7. My audio stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. my laptop freeze and then the audio Input stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop freeze and then the audio Input stopped working: my laptop is HP laptop 14s-dk0157 AU for more detail hereI was just playing some osu 3 days ago when it started to freeze, so i decided to restart my laptop and voila my laptop is back on.... except my audio input doesn't work. I usually use headphone so, I tried to unplug...
  9. audio in my lenavo laptop stopped working suddenly.

audio in my lenavo laptop stopped working suddenly.: Just 4 to 5 days back my audio was not responding at all. i tried all the possible things suggested . trouble shoot , uninstalling the audio device and rebooting it, drivers update . everypossible things suggested. no luck. please help me . Kumar...
  10. My audio stopped working

My audio stopped working: HI, Since yesterday my audio stopped working suddenly .I troubleshooted the problem , updated the drivers ,stopped & restarted the windows audio service. The cross mark beside the audio moved to normal but still it is not working either in speaker mode or microphones mode....