Windows 10: Audio only coming out of right speaker

Discus and support Audio only coming out of right speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought two Polk T15 bookshelf speakers to connect to my PC. I bought an ONEU super bass AMP to power them as well. When I set up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thoma, May 14, 2017.

1. Thoma Win User

Audio only coming out of right speaker

Hi,
    I recently bought two Polk T15 bookshelf speakers to connect to my PC. I bought an ONEU super bass AMP to power them as well. When I set up the speakers and connect them to my phone, they sound excellent and both speakers work, however, when I connect them to my PC, only the right speaker works. The left isn't completely mute, instead, it has a crackling sound coming out of it. It sounds like the typical noise you get when you half plug in the audio jack. I am plugging the audio jack into my computer's soundboard which is part of the motherboard.

How can I fix this? I've heard the problem might be with the Realtek drivers, so I removed it, but the problem persists. Is it a hardware failure?

Computer specs:
    Asus Maximus VII Hero Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 4790k CPU
    NVIDIA GTX 970 Graphics Card
    Windows 64 Bit

Audio:
    High Definition Audio Device
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

:)

Thoma, May 14, 2017
  2. Aryan Rai Win User

speakers not working properly

whenever i plug my speakers into the motherboard audio outs they do not play, and when i plug them into the front audio jack, only the left speaker plays. I have tried using the sound menu to fix this but it still wont work

Update: i went and checked in the sound configuration, and the sound comes out of the left speaker but it says it is coming from the right speaker.

Aryan Rai, May 14, 2017
  3. beforHim Win User
    Speakers only playing from left

I have some portable speaker plugged into the back of a Dell. The sound now only comes out of the left speaker. When I test the speakers by hitting "r" for right, and "l" for left, both times it comes out of the left speaker. The right speaker works,
    but all the sound, both left and right, are coming out of the left speaker. When I turn down the right, only the left comes out of the left; but when I turn down the left, the right also comes out of the left.

How can I get the left to come out of the left, the right out of the right? Thx

beforHim, May 14, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Have you tried plugging a set of earphones/earbuds in?
    You need to first establish whether the problem is universal.

Also, if there is an audio jack on your case, try that too.

5. Thoma Win User
    Yeah, I tried plugging in a pair of earbuds and the same issue persists. The audio comes out of the right earbud and the left one just crackles. As for the jack at the front of the case, the connector doesn't fit for some reason. It's like the jack on the headphones is too long for the port. Thoughts?

Thoma, May 14, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    I have a Maximus VIII Hero motherboard in my system.
    What is the "High Definition Audio Device"? That is a generic Windows sound driver, but for what?
    Check the Playback device panel. The "Speakers" (Realtek) should be set as default playback device. You can test the speakers in the Playback panel.

Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager and check the Left/Right balance and make sure it is in the center position.

The front panel headphone jack is made for a regular 1/4" stereo plug. I assume you are plugging into the GREEN speaker jack on the rear panel and not a different jack.

fireberd, May 14, 2017
  7. Barman58 Win User
    Do the earbuds include a microphone - If so then it's likely that they use a different type of plug to the type used on computer peripherals, They have an extra connector ring to handle mic audio in, it could also be that your amp or speakers (whichever is physically connected to the port is the same.

You can get adaptors to use phone peripherals with PC's and also the other way round for a few dollars, if this is the issue

Barman58, May 14, 2017
  8. Thoma Win User

Ok, the "High definition device" were my speakers because I had uninstalled Realtek drivers. Since then, I have re-installed it and it has replaced "high definition device" with "Realtek High Definition Audio," which is the new name for my speakers.

I am indeed connecting the audio jack to the green port at the back of the PC. Would an adapter from phone peripherals to PC peripherals fix the problem here? Thanks!

Thoma, May 14, 2017
  9. fireberd Win User
    Since you are using Realtek, uninstall the High Definition entry in the Device Manager, just to avoid any potential conflicts. It probably won't affect your problem, but get rid of any potentials.

!
    Not sure what you are referring to. If the headset is designed for a phone, yes an adapter as previously noted is needed.

Also, disconnect the small power amp when testing with the headset. That power amp was originally designed for car audio, but I suppose can be made to work with the PC. Did the PC audio work OK before connecting the power amp? (If it did, the power amp may have caused the problem). A lot of "if's".

fireberd, May 15, 2017
  10. Thoma Win User
    Ok, I'll try to remove the High Definition audio.

I think it might help if you know my entire audio setup.

Asus Hero Maximus VII
    Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers:
    UGREEN 3.5mm to 2RCA Audio Auxiliary Stereo Y Splitter Cable
    ONEU Mini amplifier Super Bass Hi-Fi Stereo Audio Amp Booster for Car Moto Home with DC 12V 3A Power Supply, Black:

I've sent back the ONEU miniAmp because when I had the speakers on, no matter what volume there was a buzz in the background. Should I try a different amp?

Thoma, May 15, 2017
  11. fireberd Win User
    "Stereo" speakers make poor PC speakers as they are not internally shielded and the PC can emit some RF interference which will be heard (possibly as a buzz) in the speakers. It sounds like you are trying to save money and use what you have but best option is to get a set of "Computer" speakers. I've seen PC speakers for as low as $10 (they are $10 speakers but if you want inexpensive they would work).

fireberd, May 16, 2017
  12. Thoma Win User
    I wouldn't quite call the audio setup cheap, but even if it isn't the best, it should be able to play audio out of both speakers, correct? My issue is that even when I connect my older pair of computer speakers, as you mentioned, or even headphones, the sound still only comes out of one side.

Do you know if this is a hardware defect for the mobo or a driver/software thing? Thanks!

Thoma, May 16, 2017
  13. fireberd Win User

I would suspect a hardware problem, assuming the Left/Right is set in the center, since the old speakers did the same thing.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio only coming out of right speaker - Similar Threads - Audio coming right

2. Only voice is coming out of the speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only voice is coming out of the speakers.: I BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP 5 MONTHS AGO I was working with zoom in a meeting and that day suddenly only the voice came out of the speakers other people playing audio I couldn't hear. I closed zoom it works just fine but today even I quit it wasn't working.Can someone tell me how to...
  3. Only voice is coming out of the speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only voice is coming out of the speakers.: I BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP 5 MONTHS AGO I was working with zoom in a meeting and that day suddenly only the voice came out of the speakers other people playing audio I couldn't hear. I closed zoom it works just fine but today even I quit it wasn't working.Can someone tell me how to...
  4. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  5. No audio coming out of speakers

No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  6. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  8. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  9. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Audio Only Coming Out of Wireless Speaker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Only Coming Out of Wireless Speaker: Hello everyone, Yesterday I connected my Windows 10 laptop to Sony Wireless Speaker SRS-XB10 via Bluetooth. However, after disconnecting the speaker, I couldn't get any more audio from my laptop or headphones. So far I have tried to check the sound settings, reinstall the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iphone 11 sound only playing out of one speaker